Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
this game is not abandoned, the dev put up a poll for his/her patreons and asked if they preferred fast updates or updates with a lot of content, they chose the lot of content option.
Great! the next poll then could be if Patreon's prefer getting charged every month or if they would prefer every update.

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
Aight guys I checked his patreon, the update is about a delay due to another flood.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Shouldn't this game have a "abandoned" tag?
Exactly. I and others have been saying that for a while now. Seem to me f95 needs a standard based upon production and not rely on the Dev's promises _ talks cheap and relying on promises is just stupid. It seems reasonable to me to set 6Mo as the limit - 6 mo with no meaningful update and a game is abandoned.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Sighs just another dev who milks his patrons for money and it really is a shame he started so good. Still if a update does come great if not oh well

Reactions: Reese286

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Exactly. I and others have been saying that for a while now. Seem to me f95 needs a standard based upon production and not rely on the Dev's promises _ talks cheap and relying on promises is just stupid. It seems reasonable to me to set 6Mo as the limit - 6 mo with no meaningful update and a game is abandoned.
Maybe this would be a solution. Once the game has been marked as "Abandoned" the creator can still come out with the new update, and if the content after 6 months constitutes less than 60 minutes of play time (aka the speed of clicking+ animations) from what it was from the last "Major update" the tag would be removed. If you can't do that, it will remain and will be lifted if they reach at least 10 minutes of content per month at a minimum (Based on upload frequency). 10 minutes per month is far less than average and I don't think Irphaeus's update will exceed 1 hour.

Now the question is, if that solution would have a point? I don't think it will. This game will be available on other sites as well, and the devs will still keep receiving money through patreon. Having an "Abandoned tag" would at most be a way for this site to show that "You're milking people"(which would be nice, but nothing would really change too much). Not to mention that this system would then require mods and admins to go through the game and make sure that it "fits the standards to not be abandoned", which would be annoying to control for in games that the mods don't want to play. If the community could vote for"If it's abandoned or not" then it'd just boil down into a popular vote. And even after all of this (new systems, standards, etc) all this would do is have an abandoned tag, which again, doesn't really do much. Maybe slightly reduce people who're willing to support him through this site (which would still be a good thing I guess)?

Last edited:

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
I don't know why that matters to you so much. Even with it tagged abandoned because you want it to be you and the others you mention would still come here every day and complain because this is your lives. Stop coming into the forum and looking everyday for an update if you think in your mind it is "abandoned" then there is no reason for you to be here cramming up the feed with the same stuff all the time.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Abandoned implies that no work is being done at all, but the dude has been posting pics and "reasonable"(by some people's standards at least) status updates on the situation of the game, but just because nothing has been released doesn't necessarily mean nothing is being worked on.

I do agree that there is need for a better description of what the current situation of a game is,
since it has been stated that a new tag system is in the works,
why not sugesting a new tag to begin with? Wouldn't something like "delayed" be more accurate for example?

However, I also think tha in the end, this would be a somewhat pointless exercise in practice too, as popular as the site might be, is not the store front for these games or devs, the only ones that may see some benefit from it are the users here, and considering the amounts of "are we there yet" that we see every so often despite the ongoing discussion I've my doubts.

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
Abandoned implies that no work is being done at all, but the dude has been posting pics and "reasonable"(by some people's standards at least) status updates on the situation of the game, but just because nothing has been released doesn't necessarily mean nothing is being worked on.

I do agree that there is need for a better description of what the current situation of a game is,
since it has been stated that a new tag system is in the works,
why not sugesting a new tag to begin with? Wouldn't something like "delayed" be more accurate for example?

However, I also think tha in the end, this would be a somewhat pointless exercise in practice too, as popular as the site might be, is not the store front for these games or devs, the only ones that may see some benefit from it are the users here, and considering the amounts of "are we there yet" that we see every so often despite the ongoing discussion I've my doubts.
A "slow update" tag would be appropriate I think.

Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
Irregular updates would be appropriate imho

Still, I am looking forward for the update. However, I do not expect a second one before mid-2021.

• Haha
Reactions: Mahin87
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes