total

Jun 17, 2017
Apologists, come out and defend this, I dare you
I didn't really see it as an admission of delaying anything further.

Interpretation - Working on something for the next update, not doing any wallpapers today.

Hopefully it means that Irphaeus has moved on to working on stuff for the "2021" update - so no more delays for adding any extra stuff right now - and it's just with the editor for script review.

To be fair to the editor, Irphaeus doesn't have great english skills so I would always expect an update to take at least a few days for the editor sort out. This is in no way me making excuses for how poorly he communicates with the fans.

RIP p500

Dec 20, 2018
Not being a patron I'll say: "well, I'm not paying any penny so I'm not feeling alright to demand anything"
Basically that's why I won't become a patron to Irphaeus.

Of course, I really like Waifu Academy and considering it one of the best games here, but still... there's a lot of devs making cool games with even better renders, and more stable updates. At least they obviously trying their best.

total

Jun 17, 2017
Well I don't understand it tbh. If I take a purely mercenary approach, staying in touch with your audience and providing basic information about it is just good marketing. More than pays for itself in terms of return vs time invested.

poyatiesa

Feb 17, 2019
So the story was like 130% done and he is STILL working on one of the branches? 3 days after the extremely delayed update was supposed to come? xD

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
This man is a champion. Anyway, "next", as in 0.8 or "next" as in "0.9"? Do we have an idea about that?
It's probably this one, even if i hope it's 0.9 he's talking about, but seeing as it took him so many months to finish 0.8. I doubt he's doing anything worthwhile like working on 0.9 atm (i should give him the benefit of the doubt, but..yeah..doubt it). Still, everytime i read this guy i feel like he's always doing everything as at last minute job..like he hasn't done anything for 6 months and rushed the last 2 (bet i am not that far from reality..).

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
What NTR means?
It's short for "netorare", is basically when the main character gets its romantic options stolen from him/her, not to be confused with rape, cheating or black mail.

So someone said the update will be 2 days of content in-game? is this confirmed?

If so, that's some fuckin bullshit. Pls tell me it's not the case
I wouldn't take "days" as a measure of content in the game, since a day could be as short or long as the author wants it to be.

Reactions: xslayermkdx

razgriz416

Feb 16, 2019
I always see Irph pushing releases back because he "added" something. So, he's "finishing" and kicking that version over to Vash. And then he adds something else, and kicks that version to Vash. And then he adds something else, and then kicks that version to Vash.

It's just poorly managed versioning. When you get something to the "finished" state, and then send it over for testing. That's it for that version. Anything else you do needs to wait for the next release.

At least from my experience with software development.

LeoneedNya

Sep 27, 2017
It's probably this one, even if i hope it's 0.9 he's talking about, but seeing as it took him so many months to finish 0.8. I doubt he's doing anything worthwhile like working on 0.9 atm (i should give him the benefit of the doubt, but..yeah..doubt it). Still, everytime i read this guy i feel like he's always doing everything as at last minute job..like he hasn't done anything for 6 months and rushed the last 2 (bet i am not that far from reality..).
absolutely agree

Stolarus

Jul 17, 2017
Why would anyone pay him month after month? All you get in exchange are 3-4 patreon post every 7 months. One of my fav games here, but there are tons of developers working harder and better than him

For his actual everyday work hes earning lets say 4k month, why would he work harder? I refuse to believe mayority of his patreons are happy with his work

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Why would anyone pay him month after month? All you get in exchange are 3-4 patreon post every 7 months. One of my fav games here, but there are tons of developers working harder and better than him

For his actual everyday work hes earning lets say 4k month, why would he work harder? I refuse to believe mayority of his patreons are happy with his work
I mean, if they keep paying i guess they are?

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes