sr.cds

Aug 24, 2018
It's pretty simple if you must know

Update 0.4 - Took 2 months to bake
(Multiply 2x2 = 4)
Update 0.7 - Took 4 months (remember 2x2?)
(Again, Multiply 2x4 = 8)

So, update 0.8 should take 8 months to bake, last update was released Sep 2019, so yeah, update 0.8 should be released this month still.

(and, if the theory is correct... We should see update 0.9 or smt in 16 months, so, Aug 2021..., Maybe!)

Why bake? Because Irp is BAKING YOUR WAIFU, and your wallet :p

Reactions: V-red

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
I wonder why people would assume that few hundreds of image can be done in monthly basis?

So I would like to suggest some BOLD volunteers for a DIY challenge to mimic v0.6 images,
With minimal requirements:
1. Pick any random male/female models in HS to replace the original characters
2. Any attire will do
3. No extra mods (lighting etc) required
But must meet the following:
1. The posing must be as accurate as possible
2. Scene angle/scale must be as accurate as possible
3. Naked/not naked must be similar
4. Hand-type the dialogs

My intention is not white knighting him, it is just to be fair and let people understand that
HS studio is not something easy to use
Everyone would think DAZ took a lot of time doing the rendering, HS just need to take a screenshot
Fuck that!
To me, HS is one of the worst posing engine in the market!
Lack of hot key support
Imprecise movement/scaling
Viewport is locked to global, aka, you can't focus on individual parts/characters, when you want to rotate the camera view, the whole scene changed
And much much more

So to be fair, anyone, do take this challenge, not in a month, maybe, since
Som e of us are working. So 3months?
help us prove that Irphaeus is a liar, and YOU, our HERO!

P/s: anyone can say anything anyhow, but without any proof, don't accuse
Do make this site and the world stay positive, peace n harmony :););)
One thing you seem to be mistaken about is that when he claims 700 images/pictures, he doesn't make every single one of them from scratch, maps and models included. He loads up the scenario, places the character models (which are already done) and sets the lighting and their body position by tweaking with the bones and/or playing with the options (smile, sad, mad, walking, dancing). A scene can have 20, 30+... images depending on how much the characters move and gesticulate. Here for example, the scene where the MC fucks Catherine. There are at least 17 images and 4 sex animations in this clip

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
It is sad that game that I supported at the beginning when it's future was unknown turns that way. I don't want to think money are the reason but there is nothing else that came to my mind when I see each update takes considerably longer but do not deliver more then previous.
We will see if this trend will change. Either way, year by year I'm generally less and less willing to throw my money to Patreon.

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
One thing you seem to be mistaken about is that when he claims 700 images/pictures, he doesn't make every single one of them from scratch, maps and models included. He loads up the scenario, places the character models (which are already done) and sets the lighting and their body position by tweaking with the bones and/or playing with the options (smile, sad, mad, walking, dancing). A scene can have 20, 30+... images depending on how much the characters move and gesticulate. Here for example, the scene where the MC fucks Catherine. There are at least 17 images and 4 sex animations in this clip

Maybe you are right,
but for me, that would be very difficult.
You see, I am also trying to convert my erotic novel into VN using HS.
Not that about tweaking the models' pose or something,
it's just that, I just cant get the feel of getting a good angle at the scene.
Too picky maybe?
At least he did a better job than me :( :confused:

M$hot

May 28, 2017
Not saying this man doesn't deserve to be paid for his work, on the contrary. However, that means you now have paying customers that rightfully have some expectations, and if they've seen you do it in 4 months, it's a hard sell that they now have to wait 8 months for a similarly sized update.
I don't know if I could do what he does in less time, but he's had 7 updates worth of experience doing this. If anything, you'd expect him to get quicker at it (Or be able to squeeze more content in each update without affecting the timetable). I'm still excited for 0.8 because the quality of his content still seems to be on par.

Reactions: theultragaydude

ShimmieSuxSox

May 28, 2017
I hope there will be side endings, kinda unfortunate if the main 3 endings will be seemingly tied to specific girls. Would be nice to have a ending specifically for Sheila / Takamura / other somewhat relevant girls.
You sound like a person who thinks he will put out content regularly. It's called, "Jumping the Gun." I've seen what greed does to people via Patreon, it's not good and it usually ends up bad. The laziness gets worse and the excuses get o'plenty until you see no content at all.
So until HE puts out something soon you may never see an ending at all. Just another unfinished, Abandoned game. It's so sad to see THIS game go without more content. Light that proverbial fire under his ass or he will live on people's money until the end of Patreon (because we all know the milkers will eventually rule that site.)

SangerZonvolt

May 20, 2018
Considering how he has 1263 patreons at the time of this writing and the average patreon probably pays him more than 3$ (since that is the lowest tier) that guy is making more money on patreon than I am on my regular job. And sure, he is writing up a lot, but is he really if you put that into perspective? I´d say an average office worker probably writes about 5 to 10 pages worth each work day. Let´s go low and say 5. With working 5 days a week and 4 weeks a month (again, that´s lower than the actual time) that´s 125 pages of writing per month. Meaning in 8 months the average worker would produce around 1000 pages worth of information. Of course he needs to write a story and create pictures/animations, but office workers need to do stuff beside writing as well (and need to process the informaiton etc.).

So if you put his work into perspective is it really that impressive considering how much money he makes?

I am not complaining by the way, as I like what the game is so far and I am not a patreon, so I have no right to complain. But if I was a patreon I would be kinda pissed.

Choc0keki

Jul 7, 2017
You sound like a person who thinks he will put out content regularly. It's called, "Jumping the Gun." I've seen what greed does to people via Patreon, it's not good and it usually ends up bad. The laziness gets worse and the excuses get o'plenty until you see no content at all.
So until HE puts out something soon you may never see an ending at all. Just another unfinished, Abandoned game. It's so sad to see THIS game go without more content. Light that proverbial fire under his ass or he will live on people's money until the end of Patreon (because we all know the milkers will eventually rule that site.)
Not denying that or condoning the habitual delays but it's just wishful thinking mate. Most of the 'discussion' on the game has been complaining about the lack of updates so just wanted to comment on something else with the next update coming soon™.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I also love discussing the story, girls and even otaku san instead.

Well, my initial intention is just trying to be fair to Irphaeus,
and stop the conspiracy/assumption discussion,
and bring back a pure game discussion thread.

As in reality, we do practice One is not proven guilty if no actual evidence is presented.
(e.g. some hire a P.I. to spy on him and seeing him doing this and that but not making the game?
)
But well, in this era of free thinking and free speech,
we cant convince another to follow what another practice,
So my intention failed.
I am not paying him a dime before, and not in the future,
so I did my part and move on(e.g. if I didnt try, this hatred feeling will linger) .
Therefore, lets go back to game discussion.

P/s: I hope that the forum mods can make some pinned post(s) at the top of a thread,
so that the "when is the update" thingy will not come up again and trigger another war
PEACE :cool:
The reason people are getting (or already are) salty is not because its taking this long, its because Irphaeus does barely anything to appease the audience... ence why its getting harder and harder to see people supporting him. This is not a war on Irphaeus or his defenders...this is us, his audience and the fans of his game, showing displease with the way he's acting, afraid his action will destroy the future of this game, if it has any. We can't discuss a game that doesn't exist for 8 months! The only discussion we have is why this is taking so long!

He's not serious, keeps delaying the update after saying its ready, for literally no proper excuse... so why sould we give him a break when he's not even being completly honest? You can call on his bs just by reading his update status where he blantly assumes he didn't gave enough effort to develop the update faster, but gave no reason why was that or why he kept collecting money. If he was serious with his audience he would stop collecting money if he wasnt actively developing what people are supporting him to, for at least 2-3 months 100% for sure he didn't develop anything, or would at least warn his audience he would take a few months break... obviously he didn't because that would mean less income because patrons would leave in droves. But like I've write before in this thread... this situation has a better plot than the game itself... personally I just can't stand people defending him in any way after he set an ETA, delayed it twice... and then a couple days before he said he need 2 more weeks to finish it while having tons of task strangely at 80%... nah man.

Last edited:

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Sadly this happens with a lot interesting projects. Get an audience, do a couple updates, take longer each time, abandoned it while collecting money. At least there are devs out there that are honest with their audience... others magically return like Veqvil.
But others, like Irphaeus, do an update after god knows how many months without a peep... and then disappear again (Family Matters)

my5tyfixx

Dec 20, 2017
Any update from dev guys?
u know runz there is always this one special case out of 1000 in which a brain-afk-post is so outer dimensional brain-afkéd that it does not hurt when reading. no its funny as hell!! well done sir!! MMD!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tan Tze Han

Nov 2, 2018
The reason people are getting (or already are) salty is not because its taking this long, its because Irphaeus does barely anything to appease the audience... ence why its getting harder and harder to see people supporting him. This is not a war on Irphaeus or his defenders...this is us, his audience and the fans of his game, showing displease with the way he's acting, afraid his action will destroy the future of this game, if it has any. We can't discuss a game that doesn't exist for 8 months! The only discussion we have is why this is taking so long!

He's not serious, keeps delaying the update after saying its ready, for literally no proper excuse... so why sould we give him a break when he's not even being completly honest? You can call on his bs just by reading his update status where he blantly assumes he didn't gave enough effort to develop the update faster, but gave no reason why was that or why he kept collecting money. If he was serious with his audience he would stop collecting money if he wasnt actively developing what people are supporting him to, for at least 2-3 months 100% for sure he didn't develop anything, or would at least warn his audience he would take a few months break... obviously he didn't because that would mean less income because patrons would leave in droves. But like I've write before in this thread... this situation has a better plot than the game itself... personally I just can't stand people defending him in any way after he set an ETA, delayed it twice... and then a couple days before he said he need 2 more weeks to finish it while having tons of task strangely at 80%... nah man.
The truth is if he told us that he would release 8 months later we would have patiently waited for him but since he kept delaying it just makes him seem uninterested or lazy. I don't really care if he releases a year or a month later, as long as he keeps his deadlines and promises everyone would still support him. However, this is just not the case. Especially if you consider that his delays are getting more frequent.

Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
That's the point!

If he would directly say: I need 8 months for 6,000 lines to provide good qulaity - everyone would know what he can expect - no reason to complain. Also, if he would inform people well in advance of the deadline that he cannot make it - this would also limit the "shitstorm". It's just about communication!

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
That's the point!

If he would directly say: I need 8 months for 6,000 lines to provide good qulaity - everyone would know what he can expect - no reason to complain. Also, if he would inform people well in advance of the deadline that he cannot make it - this would also limit the "shitstorm". It's just about communication!
You're saying this as if it was too easy to predict the future, the guy never gave an ETA precisely because he didn't know how long it was going to take.
Regardless, eight months is just a bit too much for an update like this, you're bound to have complainst no matter what, dude needs to improve his PR skills.
I don't want to think money are the reason but there is nothing else that came to my mind...
Just because you can't think of another reason doesn't means there isn't one, I will always bet on incompetence before of malice, I have my own thoughts as to what's going on, but I just simply don't know.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
That's the point!

To be honest an lot of people will complain because they could then see clearly that there are many others here who could do that same amount of work in less than half the time it takes him.

Reactions: arms99
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes