Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
You're saying this as if it was too easy to predict the future, the guy never gave an ETA precisely because he didn't know how long it was going to take.
Regardless, eight months is just a bit too much for an update like this, you're bound to have complainst no matter what, dude needs to improve his PR skills.

Just because you can't think of another reason doesn't means there isn't one, I will always bet on incompetence before of malice, I have my own thoughts as to what's going on, but I just simply don't know.
First, he is working two years on that game and should have some experience how much time an update might take. Second, even if a first guess is wrong, he could inform his patrons in a timely manner (e.g., one month before the deadline) that there will be a delay. In this case he wrote that the update is basically finished (24 to 72 hours needed for the upload) and said on the next day that it will take two further weeks.

To be honest an lot of people will complain because they could then see clearly that there are many others here who could do that same amount of work in less than half the time it takes him.
I am not sure that it would be "a lot" people who would complain. They would rather think that he is either slow or needs more time to work out the story.

Last edited:

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
You're saying this as if it was too easy to predict the future, the guy never gave an ETA precisely because he didn't know how long it was going to take.
Ye he don't give precisely ETA but he say it's for example 50% done, then few months later its 60% done then again month later its 55% and so one...

I will always bet on incompetence before of malice, I have my own thoughts as to what's going on, but I just simply don't know.
But we know he's competent it's just greed or laziness but if it's laziness then why he didn't say that he didn't work on this project too much for that or another reason, instead he lies again and again. That's why so meany of us think he just wonna milk as much as he can from he's new patrons
What u think, why he lost so much he's old patrons ? Cous they see what he's doing, he just get new ones but don't worry, after few months they too will notice what's going on with him. Yet unfortunetly there be another set of "new" ones cous they see the game and let's face it, it's rly good game but they won't read that he's doing nothing for months and release updates with much less content then previous in relation to the amount of time it takes

Last edited:

Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
Let me phrase it this way: What would be the optimal behavior if you have some talent, have a preference for leisure time but want to collect the maximum profit via patrons on an adult game?

I would do as follows:
1) Provide a very good first version to build up a good reputation for the game
2) Provide in the first phase a lot updates to attract a lot of patrons
3) Slow down the update process, as finalizing the game will hamper the income. Now there is also time for more funny activities

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Ye, sometimes it happens when you piss on your followers, yet closing in a circle of mutual adoration is probably not the best option, but what do I know there, maybe I would do same if people would throw me a few grand for two pictures a month.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
That's the point!

If he would directly say: I need 8 months for 6,000 lines to provide good qulaity - everyone would know what he can expect - no reason to complain. Also, if he would inform people well in advance of the deadline that he cannot make it - this would also limit the "shitstorm". It's just about communication!
:unsure: If by 'communicating' you mean 'not lying', then OK, I'm with you. Nothing I would like more than to see a release in early may of say, 5+ game days of great content from our favorite Waifu's (Motoko, Sheila and Elsbeth for me please). But seriously, does anyone with a brain really believe that's going to happen? Have to say, I don't.

Way I see it, Irphaeus had a deep well of good will and positivity from the community at the games release and I don't know why, greed, lack of discipline, immaturity, whatever. But in the last year he pissed it away. That's on him not us. Check the thread - I was an early supporter and reviewed this game at the start with 5 stars _ that was then, this is now. Like the wise man said; When someone shows you who they are - believe them.

Last edited:

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
Let me phrase it this way: What would be the optimal behavior if you have some talent, have a preference for leisure time but want to collect the maximum profit via patrons on an adult game?

I would do as follows:
1) Provide a very good first version to build up a good reputation for the game
2) Provide in the first phase a lot updates to attract a lot of patrons
3) Slow down the update process, as finalizing the game will hamper the income. Now there is also time for more funny activities
I wouldn't call this optimal, who knows how many people who could've become patreons have looked at his development pace and decided to spend their money elsewhere.

If this is part of some kind of intentional strategy, instead of "just" incompetence, it's almost certainly one that is myopic in the extreme. The best way to maximize profit is success. Working hard and getting updates done will provide far more long term growth than some kind of ruse.

Is active only on discord...he talks here rarely ( and is better ...read the thread and you'll understand)
So, he limits his activity to the place where no one is critical?

No wonder he hasn't improved.

ShimmieSuxSox

May 28, 2017
Not denying that or condoning the habitual delays but it's just wishful thinking mate. Most of the 'discussion' on the game has been complaining about the lack of updates so just wanted to comment on something else with the next update coming soon™.
I apologize, you were a "New" comment and I happen to share some advise. No hard feelings but what I said was true that if he doesn't put anything out. I bare no malice toward Irphaeus, no hurt feelings at all. It's just that if he goes the way of the Milker he will join others with successful games that earn thousands a month just to watch a good thing die. I truly don't hope this is true but actions always show the truth in things...

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Is active only on discord...he talks here rarely ( and is better ...read the thread and you'll understand)
I also wouldn't if I were him. Rather stay on his own discord where he can ban people for calling him on his bs almost every answer.

I am imagining the shit storm that is going to be unleashed if he doesn’t release this game in the 2 weeks he promised.
I am already prepared for another delay after 2 weeks and 6 days, since he didn't gave an ETA, just "2 weeks". Bear in mind according to him he has all of the CGs done and the script at 170% (somehow), so what remains to do is minimal task. I don't know when he said "2 weeks" since I stopped counting the days but about a week flew by already.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
170% (somehow)
Exactly, that just plain weird.
For all high school dropouts who don't know what the script is, it's like a general outline of work you need to create/write. Something like "MC will go there and do this, and then this thing will happen" and notes with witty qoutes and jokes author want to implement.
And he somehow completed most of the CG's and lines but his update script constantly getting bigger? How?
And script 170% also means that orginal update should have around 3200 lines and 400 pictures. Even Irphaeus could do that kind of update in two months, we know that because he did it before.
Which means that his patrons paid for two month worth of his work and six month of idling and adding unnecessary things.

Reactions: V-red and witteb

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Exactly, that just plain weird.
For all high school dropouts who don't know what the script is, it's like a general outline of work you need to create/write. Something like "MC will go there and do this, and then this thing will happen" and notes with witty qoutes and jokes author want to implement.
And he somehow completed most of the CG's and lines but his update script constantly getting bigger? How?
And script 170% also means that orginal update should have around 3200 lines and 400 pictures. Even Irphaeus could do that kind of update in two months, we know that because he did it before.
Which means that his patrons paid for two month worth of his work and six month of idling and adding unnecessary things.
I assume that he meant he wrote 100% the upcoming update + 70% of the next. What bothers me is that, why waste so much effort already writing 70% of the stuff when there's so much to do for the current one? I dont believe he did for one second... especially when Irphaeus said he wrote it, but the dialogue are at 80%. It simply makes no sense outside whatever goes in his mind.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes