Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
Yeah - but the update will have broadly the same extent as the last one.

So he seemed to plan to come up with a very small update initially. This is strange becaue his patrons wanted actually a big update which may take some more time o_O

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
i need the link maga
if u will read a little post that i linked, u will find:
DOWNLOADS: **Links temporarily removed while I work on updating the mod to v0.8**

"You know, my boy, when I was your age the thought of watching MC rawdogging Kayane was just a wild, beautiful dream."
"papa, we are still waiting, but i heard next v. schold be up in just 2 years!"

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
First, he is working two years on that game and should have some experience how much time an update might take.
He obviously doesn't, that's why he stopped giving ETAs, and this is creative work, the amount of effort you've put on stuff before doesn't necessarily represents what you'll have to do later.
Second, even if a first guess is wrong, he could inform his patrons in a timely manner (e.g., one month before the deadline) that there will be a delay. In this case he wrote that the update is basically finished (24 to 72 hours needed for the upload) and said on the next day that it will take two further weeks.
A month? You need to be more realistic with your expectations, do you really think ANY indi dev will know wich problems they're going to face a month in advance?

And the problem here is not that he delayed the update, but that he has been doing so several times for this update.

Ye he don't give precisely ETA but he say it's for example 50% done, then few months later its 60% done then again month later its 55% and so one...
Those percentages are based on the amount of content he has planned at that moment, but since he keeps adding more work on top of the stuff he has already planned it is to be expected for those number to fly all over the place, and that's assuming he's doing his assessments accurate.

Butt we know he's competent it's just greed or laziness but if it's laziness...
Do WE know? Have you talked to him? Or made a proper investigation? As much as you want to believe them, these are just especulations with no solid proof behind them other than the gut feeling of the one writing them.
And I don't know about you, but to me laziness is a sing of incompetence.
What u think, why he lost so much he's old patrons ? Cous they see what he's doing, he just get new ones but don't worry, after few months they too will notice what's going on with him. Yet unfortunetly there be another set of "new" ones cous they see the game and let's face it, it's rly good game but they won't read that he's doing nothing for months and release updates with much less content then previous in relation to the amount of time it takes
Any hard numbers to back this up? Apart from the few ones here declaring so, there's just no way for you to know how many patreons he has actually lost and got replaced, again just assumptions.
does he release android port same time as the other platforms?
Nope, there is no official android port, those are made by members of this forum, so you're gonna be waiting extra for that to drop.

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Those percentages are based on the amount of content he has planned at that moment, but since he keeps adding more work on top of the stuff he has already planned it is to be expected for those number to fly all over the place, and that's assuming he's doing his assessments accurate.
but 100% is always "job done" when u changing it in mid of work then ur % don't mean anything, TOTALY NOTHING it can be 1% and game is almost done (cous tomorrow he will decide to cut 99% of base idea) or vice verca it can be 99% (or like we have right now 170% :oops:) and it also don't mean anything cous tommorow he can get new idea and decide to add it also to currently deving patch

Do WE know? Have you talked to him? Or made a proper investigation? As much as you want to believe them, these are just especulations with no solid proof behind them other than the gut feeling of the one writing them.
Yes we do, we saw how he work on the beggining and with what effect, so we know that if he wants, he can do something well in a relatively short amount of time.

And I don't know about you, but to me laziness is a sing of incompetence.
For me it's 2 totaly different things, someone can just don't know what to do something but at last will try.
If you have an employee who can do 200% of the norm daily but who does not come to work, you will get less work done than thanks to an employee who works 50% of the norm but appears day by day

Any hard numbers to back this up? Apart from the few ones here declaring so, there's just no way for you to know how many patreons he has actually lost and got replaced, again just assumptions.
No longer as he hide statistics from patreon. Now we only have our guesses based on older statistics and the number of statements from older and newer followers. Or u just don't cout it cous he decide to hide it ?

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it." G. Santayana

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
but 100% is always "job done" when u changing it in mid of work then ur % don't mean anything, TOTALY NOTHING it can be 1% and game is almost done (cous tomorrow he will decide to cut 99% of base idea) or vice verca it can be 99% (or like we have right now 170% :oops:) and it also don't mean anything cous tommorow he can get new idea and decide to add it also to currently deving patch

Yes we do, we saw how he work on the beggining and with what effect, so we know that if he wants, he can do something well in a relatively short amount of time.

For me it's 2 totaly different things, someone can just don't know what to do something but at last will try.
If you have an employee who can do 200% of the norm daily but who does not come to work, you will get less work done than thanks to an employee who works 50% of the norm but appears day by day

No longer as he hide statistics from patreon. Now we only have our guesses based on older statistics and the number of statements from older and newer followers. Or u just don't cout it cous he decide to hide it ?

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it." G. Santayana
I won't re-quote all that so here, have a bullet point list:
  • That was my point, it should be quite clear by now that those numbers are completely useless and pointless.
  • Just because he was competent before doesn't mean he can't be incompetent later on, and the same is true the other way.
  • Lack of experience is not incompetence, the lil guy who does his best will eventually learn the best way to do the job, but if you don't care about the job at all to do it properly despite being able to then I don't need you around, many companies nowadays are starting to look at how the person is like before even looking at your qualifications, because is more important to know if you're going to be a problem later on.
  • I can't count something I can't see, and the few accountable ones here are not an amount sizable enough to be representative of the majority of his patreons, statistics are based on actual numbers, but if you don't have those then is just mere speculation and should be treated as such.
  • What's the point of thy qoute here? I fail to grasp whatever meaning you may have intended here.

Reactions: tsukiouji and vmaks

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
  • Just because he was competent before doesn't mean he can't be incompetent later on, and the same is true the other way.
No? unless he somehow forget how to do something. If he know how to do something but he start doing it much much slower then befor it's laziness
  • Lack of experience is not incompetence...
this was just an example, I was not talking about lack of experience specifically and about less work efficiency for any reason

• I can't count something I can't see, and the few accountable ones here are not an amount sizable enough to be representative of the majority of his patreons, statistics are based on actual numbers, but if you don't have those then is just mere speculation and should be treated as such.
I don't know if the same phrase is in English but the closest one would probably be "educated guesses"

• What's the point of thy qoute here? I fail to grasp whatever meaning you may have intended here.
It was both to
and

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So this is turning into like... 1 update a year type of thing huh?
2 if we are lucky, think that's what it was last year? but the longer the wait goes on then less chance of that and 1 update it will be.

jackwu10

Oct 1, 2018
what a shame. i really like this game.
i subbed him at patreon for like 4-5months but then stopped, just cos i want that loyalty reward, but i doubt i ever get it.
i really like this game and female settings..

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes