Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Uh please don't abandon this. It was my first honey select game, I'd like to be able to complete it.
You have it backwards mate. Its not we who abandoned Waifu Academy, its the Dev. Irphaeus who abandoned Waifu Academy. Wake up and smell the cheez whiz, you see an update anywhere? Hes done nothing but lie to everyone for over 8 months, You think that's an accident? Go talk to Irph, its on him.

Skosha

Dying Dream dev
Game Developer
Apr 3, 2017
Irphaeus:

A slight more patience guys, we are at the very end of the readback/betatesting for that massive update, it's a mater of one week... Vash ,Chi and I are working on it everyday.

Meanwhile I'm also preparing now, and since several month the next update the 0.9.0
For comparison the actual(0.8.0) incoming update is about 41 differents scenes(each with an average 20~ 3D renders) for 2 days, 2 nights...

The 0.9.0 will be Friday and week end.
-Friday will be about 8 scenes
-Saturday 4
-Sunday 4
for a total of 16 scenes (plus the mandatory content that I can help to add at some point.)
So let's say 20 scenes ^^ It's still half than the incoming update, and the size of the update from one year ago.
It's my main challenge, to keep this that way, so next update won't be such a long run.(Tomoe path, Haruka story will finally kick off, Kayane and Yoko path will have major devellopement too)

I'm also thinking and working on other 'major' feature...
-The begining/introduction of the game need a rework, it's a bit rough, I have made progress in my renders and 'directing' since, so I will remake that part.
-The other thing is the Phoneapp, I still didn't had time to fill it and the game begin to be complicated with a lots of characters with background to follow.
-The last major feature I want to had it's VOICE during sex scene for all the girls.

I don't know if I'll manage to make all of these in the 0.9.0 but that's the plan for Waifu Academy next updateS.

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
Irphaeus:

A slight more patience guys, we are at the very end of the readback/betatesting for that massive update, it's a mater of one week... Vash ,Chi and I are working on it everyday.

Meanwhile I'm also preparing now, and since several month the next update the 0.9.0
For comparison the actual(0.8.0) incoming update is about 41 differents scenes(each with an average 20~ 3D renders) for 2 days, 2 nights...

-Saturday 4
-Sunday 4
for a total of 16 scenes (plus the mandatory content that I can help to add at some point.)
So let's say 20 scenes ^^ It's still half than the incoming update, and the size of the update from one year ago.
It's my main challenge, to keep this that way, so next update won't be such a long run.(Tomoe path, Haruka story will finally kick off, Kayane and Yoko path will have major devellopement too)

-The begining/introduction of the game need a rework, it's a bit rough, I have made progress in my renders and 'directing' since, so I will remake that part.
-The other thing is the Phoneapp, I still didn't had time to fill it and the game begin to be complicated with a lots of characters with background to follow.
-The last major feature I want to had it's VOICE during sex scene for all the girls.

I don't know if I'll manage to make all of these in the 0.9.0 but that's the plan for Waifu Academy next updateS.
sigh another week...

• Haha
Reactions: Reese286

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
41 scenes with 8 months is ok i guess. but all of these are crammed into 2 full days? does mc have 48 hours for 1 day?
41 scenes doesnt mean its 41 sex scenes
Just scenes, like, literally anything that happens
1 scene could be MC encountering Otaku on his way to school and saying "hello", and that's it

These developers' shenanigans teach you to read between lines

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
Irphaeus:

-Saturday 4
-Sunday 4

TL;DR
1. Just one more week bro
2. Next update will have 40% of the content for the same amount of waiting time

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
Could be I'm not fully privy to the methodology for making this and other HS-asset using games, but, I have to ask, doesn't "renders" imply actually using some kind of 3d modelling software to create the image? And that takes processing power to, like, render the lighting and such.

These are all Honey Select characters, yes? So isn't all of the "rendering" being done by the Honey Select engine?

By "rendering" do we mean posing the characters in Honey Select and then taking a screenshot?

Or is something actually getting rendered?

Last edited:

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
41 scenes doesnt mean its 41 sex scenes
Just scenes, like, literally anything that happens
1 scene could be MC encountering Otaku on his way to school and saying "hello", and that's it

These developers' shenanigans teach you to read between lines
Exactly this. Words like "scenes", "images" or "lines" mean nothing.

A scene is what happens in a place, it can be having sex with a girl or just meeting Otaku while going to school, or seeing someone at the entrance of the school.

A scene can have lots of images that are just variations of the previous one (moving a finger or an arm, changing the angle of the same scene)

And the "lines of dialogue and script" are also misleading. It should've been number of words of text without including code to see how much content there is in an update, but that would look extremely bad

Reactions: Domagonic
Oct 15, 2017
So conveniently it comes out at the beginning of next month in time for another round of patreon money, huh? Normally I would chalk it up to coincidence, but with the amount of bullshit excuses and delays so far I find it suspicious/intentional.

Dear god no ... remaking or improving the intro is something you do when the game is done and you wanna give it a bit more polish, not while it is still in development and which will cut down on new content -.-

Same with the phone app, he would have to rework basically the entire game from the start to make it part of the gameplay, which is completely unnecessary because there isn't any need for it. Maybe as a scene replay/walkthrough but we already got a scene replay gallery and a walkthrough only makes sense when the game is done and all the choices are clear, because right now it is very much linear and there are no branching paths.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes