Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Here's my compressed version.
Waifu Academy [v0.8.0a] [Irphaeus] - Original Size: 3.89 GB

Download Win,Linux (884MB)
: - -
Download Mac (868MB): - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What game do you develop? Becuase i feel like i'll be giving up on this one.

Kpoptarts

Sep 29, 2019
Yea that's true, but until we start seeing people actually abandon creators like this and not just whine about them while still giving them money, I think they'll keep popping up.

The shit that doesn't make sense to me are the people that act like they're entitled to something, it's literally called a DONATION on patreon, you're giving them money knowing full well they may never fulfill their promises. These people aren't your slaves, they're making sex games using someone else's assets and you can get it for FREE if you wanted too. You giving them 3 dollars a month does not entitle you to anything, you're giving them a donation. That would be like giving the dude at your local pub playing the piano 5 bucks, getting pissed that he doesn't know how to play Diavolo's theme and then demanding that he learn it for you or else you won't give him 5 bucks next time you come, but then you give him 5 bucks anyways because you're insane.

I'm using the royal "you" here I don't literally mean you Kpoptarts. What you're saying is logical but to me it just looks like a lot of bitching and not a lot of action from his patrons.
I understand what you're saying, but aside from being entitled or whatever, your analogy of patreon and a guy that's playing the piano at a pub are different. When you tip a musician, it's because he played a nice piece, so you show your appreciation by throwing him a tip. People on patreon are given money to view content that is being created. Patreon is just a median for the exchange of cash. Like when you have a store, and someone goes into your store and uses their credit card to purchase something from your store, the middle man that's being used receives the money through the card machine, and the service that you are using from the machine takes a cut or percentage of the purchase. Patreon does the same thing. When you donate to a patreon, those aren't considered donations, those are considered taxable income.
Also when you select your "donation tier" you are promised certain things based on the tier of patron you choose. If you pay for that tier, you expect at least a majority of those promises to be kept. You are correct in that people should stop giving this guy money. But you are not correct in bashing people who are displaying anger or critiques about the way the dev is handling his business on this site or any other site. We are free to do that. I was a patron of his a long time ago, and of course I stopped paying him a while ago. And of course I'm mad that so many people are still paying him for sub-optimal work. But to try to hush the people who are trying to vent to people on the games thread to warn people not to patron to him until he shows he's improved himself as a timely developer is wrong, and just making the issue of MIA devs worse, because you're basically saying no one is allowed to forewarn people of the crappy way the dev handles updates.

That aside, lets take your analogy into a comparison. The analogy would make more sense if the pianist played 2 or 3 songs. It was pretty good, people enjoyed listening, so he gets some tips. Some guy walks up to him and asks,"You still playing for the night?" The pianist says yes, so the guy throws him some money. Several others do the same. However the pianist just sits there for a couple hours not playing anything and is just staring at the piano. Now, the guy has just realized he's been hoodwinked, so he doesn't tip the pianist anymore. But he sees other people who have heard him play before going up to tip him. Does the guy just watch all these people throw money at this guy who obviously isn't going to play? Or does the guy walk up and tell everyone who's about to waste their money "Hey this guy hasn't played in a couple hours, I don't think he's gonna play anymore." THAT would be a correct analogy for how this dev's situation has turned out. And right now, you're the guy walking up to tell the guy that's telling everyone not to waste their money "why did you bother to get out of your seat to warn these guys? Why are you bitching about him not playing the piano? You're not even giving him money anymore. You didn't even need to give him money before, he was playing for free anyway. You're just being entitled."

Last edited:

NoHands

Feb 4, 2018
yoko is number 1 cunt, Irphaeus is probably making her as insufferable as possible to play with the new low karma scenes and she definitely deserves some major punishment, but the mc once again is confirmed to be scooby doo villain tier of incompetence.
I'd disagree with that description of him. He's pretty good at his planning, it's just that several wrenches get thrown into the plan (One being Yoko. God she has proven to be terrible and I hope we get back at her hard) and another is Kenichi's annoying ass hounding him. Or Otaku being 31 flavors of moron. Basically, what I mean to say is that he can only account for so many things and sometimes, things will go foobar.

Reactions: theultragaydude

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
yoko is number 1 cunt, Irphaeus is probably making her as insufferable as possible to play with the new low karma scenes and she definitely deserves some major punishment, but the mc once again is confirmed to be scooby doo villain tier of incompetence.
i had this thought too, but i have changed my mind because this is school drama after all, mc is still a high schooler and fails his plan shouldn't be surprising.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Hoo boy, despite the shenanigans leading up to the update, which made me the least hyped I ever was for a WA release, I gave it a fair chance, yet after completing it, (took around 3 and a half hours) I feel it was overall pretty underwhelming, which is about in line with what you should expect when a game gets constantly delayed. I get that the story and characters need development but the ratio of plot and "plot" was not right imo, certainly not after all this time. I would genuinely be interested whether patrons feel the wait was justified.
To mention a positive is that Takamura is bae and still as amazing as ever but yeah, that's about it. Kayane scene also had potential but it sadly ended with blueballing just like Yoko's content.

Here's hoping that next year's release will contain more h-stuff or that there's even a release to begin with:HideThePain:
Wait, do you mean just the update took 3.5 hours to play? Or is that the whole game? (never played it, thinking of trying it)
If it's an update being that long, that seems like a lot of content to me.

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
So, I'm done with this update. It was a decent update content wise, the sex scenes were good, the story progressed and there was a decent amount of girls to interact with but sadly, nothing with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, did it fell like an update which took 8 or 9 months to be made? Definitely not.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Cool that there is a new update, but it sounds like there is very little content. Hopefully it won't
take the dev 3 to 4 months to come out with a bigger better update. I thought the game was
abandoned since it was over 4 months since the last update?

lol? it was 8 and a half months since last update where did you get this 4 from?

karlpilkert

Jan 16, 2018
There is no karma-variable. It's just a red or green text.
In fact there is not a single variable at all in the whole "game".
No decision has any consequence. Nothing is remembered.
It's just a choice which scene or variation thereof you see right now.

It's a totally straight VN. Not a bad one tbh. But everything that looks like a real game is just a hollow façade. There is nothing behind.
So when I want to call Asuka to the Bathroom, and it tells me "You are not evil enough.. requirement: -69 karma, not met", it's nonsense, and actually impossible to have?

Reactions: ladguru

xirbeus

Aug 13, 2017
Well I kind of given up complaining. He has some loyal, (worshipers) fans on discord that give blind eye to delays, slowness, and so on. The first release and at least the next 3 updates was almost monthly. But since then its been taking longer and longer. He is not the first person who uses Honey Select Studio for this type of story. Personally it can achieve faster scenes, animations and faster profits. Honey Select has been out for long time, all the talented people making mods, clothing, characters cards, improved lighting and so on. You don't even have to figure out how install everything. People have bundled it with all the mods, expansion packs and so on. Ready to run. "ScrewThisNoise" has awesome repacks.

Then there is Honey Select Studio, he talks great game of how much time it takes to render scenes. What really? Play Honey Select, It doesnt have that much poly count, its engine renders on the fly. Same as the Studio, you have menu system that you tell the characters what to do and they do it. Not frame by frame, and no waiting. Now you compare this to Daz3d or Poser buying all the clothes various models and some additional assets to customize the morphs so they are not vanilla. Basically so they are don't look like every others morphs. Then you have to buy lighting sets, hair, and environments. It doesnt come with much for free. Then there is rendering, with Daz3d it comes with Nvidia Rendering engine called Iray. Huge improve and quality from previous years. Then if you want to add some spice, you need to post edit the scenes. So then you will need Photoshop. But then there is another rendering engine, that I believe was out before Iray and still has edge over Iray, but it cost money. They tap your pockets twice, maybe more. Octane you have to buy the engine, then you have to buy the add-on for all the 3D software you use. That could be 1000 bucks just for that. Then if you have the bucks, you need to buy two computers. One for rendering and one for making scenes. Both equipped with at least two top notched Video cards. Because Octane, and Iray relay mostly on the video cards RAM to hold the scene info while the GPU's work their magic. The more people in a scene uses more video memory. The top notch cards have more RAM then the lower tiers, and the special components that render the scene. So their your up to 3000 to 4000 for each machine.

Bottom line people can or should be able to pump scenes out fast and no comparison cheaper to the alternative. I think if he had somebody writing the story quicker and he focused on the scenes things would move faster. He gets writers block or puts scene together and then has to rewrite or change the scene. I basically put him at the George R R Martin in the honey select world. He can make lots of scenes, and we like the final product. But between each release, like George RR Martin, they are taking longer and longer to be released. Enjoy them once they do arrive, and heck replay the story from the beginning, who can remember much that is going on between each release. six months or so. Hey! At least he is so much faster than George RR Martin.

metafour

Nov 1, 2018
So, just finished 0.8. This is all my opinion, but I don't really think he should experiment with this new style anymore, the previous style had more linear gameplay and less choices but it made it less frustrating to play. A lot of the choices in this version just led to dead end/game overs, and then you had to keep reloading for trial and error. The bathroom one that you could end up with either 1 of the 3 girls was good though. I was also surprised how short it was when I reached the end. All in all, bit disappointing update for how large he said it was going to be. There might be some scenes that I missed so I'm going to go back and see if I can get anything new. Thank god for the Scene Gallery now though.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes