chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Ok so I replayed the whole game and ... what can I say it was nice but I'm not sure it was worth waiting 100+ years for this update, don't get me wrong, there were interesting things about it:unsure:Ok so here's something that annoyed me a bit in the last update... Briefly (very briefly) the MC loses a lot, and if he seems to succeed in something then either in the next scene he loses or he loses with another character, 2 examples that come to mind at the moment. 1 yoko 2 kenichi
yeah but game seems to me that it just starting,since i download it 2-3 days ago didn't have to wait for previous updates,MC really just starting to get things straight,and with yoko it looks to me like a payback,and kenichi gonna get an ass whopping that he ain't gonna forget,remember who's training the MC, and of course can't wait for that super fight,just hope she doesn't lose poor girl been threw so much and she just trying honor granpa.Good thing not worry about update's since I got like 20+ games(even thou most them played just waiting for updates) but still have some to play and still more to try,and with work only play 1 game a day.I hope I get to play them all to end before I kick the bucket LOL

babilon29

Sep 5, 2017
yeah but game seems to me that it just starting,since i download it 2-3 days ago didn't have to wait for previous updates,MC really just starting to get things straight,and with yoko it looks to me like a payback,and kenichi gonna get an ass whopping that he ain't gonna forget,remember who's training the MC, and of course can't wait for that super fight,just hope she doesn't lose poor girl been threw so much and she just trying honor granpa.Good thing not worry about update's since I got like 20+ games(even thou most them played just waiting for updates) but still have some to play and still more to try,and with work only play 1 game a day.I hope I get to play them all to end before I kick the bucket LOL
Thanks for your perspective, you might be right, Maybe all it takes is fresh eyes on the story(y)To tell you the truth I'm pretty frustrated, I've been watching the game pretty much from the beginning and it's not going as I expected,(story waiz) the progress is pretty slow

Last edited:

babilon29

Sep 5, 2017
Good thing not worry about update's since I got like 20+ games(even thou most them played just waiting for updates) but still have some to play and still more to try,and with work only play 1 game a day.I hope I get to play them all to end before I kick the bucket LOL
We are all in the same boat But here's something to cheer u op
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Was there really as many as 30 scenes missing from the default gallery? Damn that's a lot. Kinda feel that alone makes the mod a must have.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Thanks for your perspective, you might be right, Maybe all it takes is fresh eyes on the story(y)To tell you the truth I'm pretty frustrated, I've been watching the game pretty much from the beginning and it's not going as I expected,(story waiz) the progress is pretty slow
Yeah but look bright side you can play other games till new updates and there's a lot good games,from the 20+ i play i'll rank this one top 10,just imagine my top 1 :)

Reactions: babilon29

3be43a9ac8

Oct 24, 2019
Loool, the whole episode is just a huge teasing roundabout. That's what you shat out after almost a year of "work"? Gg lol, never do hentai games again buddy

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
We are all in the same boat But here's something to cheer u op
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People that stick to handful games gonna be tired waiting for updates,that's why when I finish one go to another by the time I play them all and still no updates I download more.Good pic :)

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I dont mind about waiting,just afraid that's Irph will complete only a normal route and drop game or updates with good/bad karma will be sooo long to produce that game will enter limbo state
Just read a post that this game took 1 year so far,is that true?if it is some people gonna go hibernation mode. I guess the guy milking the cow

Digitaler

May 4, 2017
Just read a post that this game took 1 year so far,is that true?if it is some people gonna go hibernation mode. I guess the guy milking the cow
Don't know exact time,but when I started to follow this thread it really took him almost 1 year to create 3 updates,so yeah,development speed is REALLY slow,there's even was numerous shit-storms about this and contant delays.Don't expect frequent updates,every 3-4 months in a best way(I think)

P.s. maybe you can search thread or bug people to know exact days when updates was released and draw a conclusion

strfb

Sep 15, 2016
Installation:

Note about saves: Some old saves made before 0.8 might show an error when loaded. If you have an old save that doesn't load then you can start a new game and use the skip to new content feature so you don't have to replay the game.

PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc" folder.

Mac: Unzip the mod -> Right click your WaifuAcademy app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents/Resources/autorun" folder -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod into the "autorun" folder -> Click merge
ame / Mod version: 0.8.0b

DOWNLOADS:

Walkthrough & Improvements Mod: MEGA - GDRIVE
Mega

HD Images Mod (optional): MEGA - GDRIVE
Mega

Waifu Academy - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod

Features:
In-game Walkthrough:

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for the game Waifu Academy! If there is a choice that leads to a scene that could be missed it will be highlighted green so you don't miss any scenes. Any choices that lead to game over scenes will also have a note next to them to let you know that they lead to a game over. I've also removed all of the superficial karma popups, which makes the game experience much better.

Start game at new content:

When you start a new game you have the option to either start at the beginning of the game or skip to the start of the 0.7 or 0.8 update in case you've lost your save and don't want to replay the earlier parts of the game.

Improved Replay Gallery:

The mod also improves the scene replay gallery by adding around 30 scenes that are missing from the official gallery, and all of the gallery scenes are now already unlocked by default.

Improved UI:

Improves the game's UI by replacing the textbox with one that is smaller and more transparent, makes the text more readable, and adds an option to disable the quick menu and phone button so they don't block the screen.

HD Images:

I've also made an optional "HD Images" mod that replaces the game's images with ones that are higher quality and aren't as compressed. The original images are 800mb total size of quality while the HD Image mod is 2GB total size of quality.

Free Roam / Open World:

Ever wanted to just chill and explore the world of Waifu Academy? The final feature that the mod adds is a standalone free roam mode with a day/night and event system with 27 locations and 46 events. You can choose to play the free roam mode when you click start on the main menu. More info about the locations and events is here.
The walkthrough mod MEGA link is broken, any mirrors?

Reactions: beediphi and BaasB

frank4op

Dec 16, 2019
after i start extracting the zip file it gives me checksum error and archives corrupt error
and after trying to open the game normally afterwards it gives me that error can someone help me
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Stuff to play\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Stuff to play\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Stuff to play\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Stuff to play\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in script
python:
File "D:\Stuff to play\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Sat Jun 27 05:27:11 2020

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Ok so I replayed the whole game and ... what can I say it was nice but I'm not sure it was worth waiting 100+ years for this update, don't get me wrong, there were interesting things about it:unsure:Ok so here's something that annoyed me a bit in the last update... Briefly (very briefly) the MC loses a lot, and if he seems to succeed in something then either in the next scene he loses or he loses with another character, 2 examples that come to mind at the moment. 1 yoko 2 kenichi
There is basicialy next to zero story progression at all (or should i say, there is story progression but whitout the MC getting any closer to realize his plans) and MC loses quite frequently...

Goal was revenge (at the three women which fucked over his dad...not his classmates or his sister which have nothing to do with the whole thing...yeah i get it, sis was mean/pranked him---> MC is butthurt now she also deserves punishment), also take over the school...what MC managed in about 10 episodes is:

-Got some old pics from Minamis Dad
-Helen made him head of the Disciplinary Council ---> Kenichi is challenging him for the post, which is going on for a few updates now...
-Thinks that the sport teacher is involved in something shady ---> but has no clues whatsover
-Found out about Isabella/Rachel ---> Rachel makes him forget everything
-Got the secret recordings from Otaku ---> everything important was inaudible
-Got in Zaibatsu thanks to Ferris ---> thanks to Kenichi Shirohime is now suspicious of him...

It is a while since i played from the start so i maybe i forget a few details, fell free to complement the list.

BastardX

May 13, 2018
Installation:

Note about saves: Some old saves made before 0.8 might show an error when loaded. If you have an old save that doesn't load then you can start a new game and use the skip to new content feature so you don't have to replay the game.

PC: Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc" folder.

Mac: Unzip the mod -> Right click your WaifuAcademy app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents/Resources/autorun" folder -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod into the "autorun" folder -> Click merge
ame / Mod version: 0.8.0b

DOWNLOADS:

Walkthrough & Improvements Mod: MEGA - GDRIVE
Mega

HD Images Mod (optional): MEGA - GDRIVE
Mega

Waifu Academy - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod

Features:
In-game Walkthrough:

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for the game Waifu Academy! If there is a choice that leads to a scene that could be missed it will be highlighted green so you don't miss any scenes. Any choices that lead to game over scenes will also have a note next to them to let you know that they lead to a game over. I've also removed all of the superficial karma popups, which makes the game experience much better.

Start game at new content:

When you start a new game you have the option to either start at the beginning of the game or skip to the start of the 0.7 or 0.8 update in case you've lost your save and don't want to replay the earlier parts of the game.

Improved Replay Gallery:

The mod also improves the scene replay gallery by adding around 30 scenes that are missing from the official gallery, and all of the gallery scenes are now already unlocked by default.

Improved UI:

Improves the game's UI by replacing the textbox with one that is smaller and more transparent, makes the text more readable, and adds an option to disable the quick menu and phone button so they don't block the screen.

HD Images:

I've also made an optional "HD Images" mod that replaces the game's images with ones that are higher quality and aren't as compressed. The original images are 800mb total size of quality while the HD Image mod is 2GB total size of quality.

Free Roam / Open World:

Ever wanted to just chill and explore the world of Waifu Academy? The final feature that the mod adds is a standalone free roam mode with a day/night and event system with 27 locations and 46 events. You can choose to play the free roam mode when you click start on the main menu. More info about the locations and events is here.
Walkthrough & Improvements Mod seems to be no more.

Reactions: BaasB
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes