LeoneedNya

Sep 27, 2017
I hope that the time will come when his patrons will see the light and will already start asking him questions or just unsubscribe for such an attitude
Maybe afte this he will be gain motivation again like long time ago
But it will never happen SadCat

Reactions: xslayermkdx

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
So the ETA:
Update 0.9.1a: 1 day half of gameplay
-Storyboard: 100%
-3D and animation rendering: 95%
-Dialogue: 75%
-Scripting: 80%
-Feature: 80%
-Sound/Music: 65%
-Proofreading/Beta testing: 20%

To be more clear, the overhall progress is around 90%, The update still need a week for me to write dialogue here and there, then the proof reading will takes another week(it`s still ~200pages), then 3-4 days to add feature/music and a last day to beta test everything up.
The update will obviously feel shorter that the previous one since it`s now in two parts, But you`ll have another update coming way shorter after then ^^
I took this decision because I don`t want to makes you wait again and again, thanks to my inability at handling a shedule/deadline. not by lazyness but by will of perfection for more work, still that not an excuse.
Thanks for your support and trust! I can`t wait for you to play the next update, you`ll love it!
Irphaeus.
I mean, the updates are still good, tbh the latest ones are the best, but it's clearly not worth the wait. He could deliver such updates in a much shorter time. 1 day and a half of gameplay in more than 6+ months ? This should take at most 3 months. It's a 3D game, the assets are already done and all.

Liliadent

Jun 21, 2018
I mean.. he is getting paid without updating it. why even bother update it. And if everyone starts complaining he can just point a finger to his proof-reader :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: actually hilarious back in the day when he keeps saying it was the proof-readers fault when update is getting delayed lmao.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
no, it's just get 1 update per year, but dev still "work" on it
Traditionally it only gets two updates a year anyway - im still impressed people are caught cold by the long slog for updates given hes been at it for years... i fully expect it but everytime i come here i see people stunned at the revelation lol. As for his Patreons - they know what theyre getting themselves in for, as said its a very clear pattern over years of development how often he releases stuff.

runz

Mar 3, 2018
Delayed again not surprised there, but to go and cut the release in half after 8 months of delays. What the fuck have they even been working on this entire time? I'm so glad I stopped supporting them. Absolutely disgraceful.
yea me too i've been stop supporting him before ver.8 release, delay then delay again and again

Duergh

Sep 5, 2019
Skode I'm not stunned on this "revelation" but i understood that there can be new ppl here and they didn't know that yet so that's why i reply to his question with a honest answer. About what i think of game itself or developer i think it's the same as vast majority of ppl here so no point in repeat it over and over again. And as it comes to patrones them self... who em i to tell them what they should do with their own money, if they fine with single upgrade per year (2 with good winds) then it's they decision

concord72

Mar 30, 2020
I am using Lain's mod on Windows, whenever I try to access Kayane's page in the scene gallery, I get an error. Everyone else seems to work fine. Anyone run into this bug?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'school _d4roof06.png'>:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 309, in script call
    call expression "before_main_menu"
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'school _d4roof06.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "startup.rpyc", line 163, in script
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Waifu Academy 0.8.0b
Wed Jan 06 17:12:01 2021

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
I am using Lain's mod on Windows, whenever I try to access Kayane's page in the scene gallery, I get an error. Everyone else seems to work fine. Anyone run into this bug?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'school _d4roof06.png'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "startup.rpyc", line 163, in script
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Massawar\Desktop\WaifuAcademy-0.8.0b-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Waifu Academy 0.8.0b
Wed Jan 06 17:12:01 2021
Doesn't the mod have its own topic ? I'd rather post that over there than here :unsure:

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
What is Irphaeus problem?

Why Irphaeus is not release the new version of the game?

I believe Irphaeus is finished creating the new version of the game in long time ago, because the last version of the game was released in 2020-06-10, and the thread of the game was updated on 2020-06-15, however due to the unknown reason, so the release of new version of the game is got delayed.

And what is the unknown reason for delaying the release of new version of the game?

I don't believe Irphaeus is need more money by delaying the release of new version of the game, unless Irphaeus is plan to buy a private jet.

If Irphaeus is really have a plan to buy a private jet, so all fans of Waifu Academy will must wait for a very long time to have the new version of the game be released by Irphaeus.

Because, do you know, what is the price of private jet? How much money to be required to buy a private jet?

Now count the time, until now, how long the time is, since the last version of the game, if the release date of last version of the game was in 2020-06-10, and now is 2021-01-08?

It is already seven months, since the last version of the game be released by Irphaeus, and because of this, so it was weird and very strange, if Irphaeus did not finished creating the new version of the game.

I don't believe perfectionist is the reason for Irphaeus to delaying the release of new version of the game, because I believe the intend to buy a private jet is the reason for Irphaeus to delaying the release of new version of the game.
Maybe making this game is not his only priority, maybe he makes it as an hobby, and not as a full-time job. Or maybe, he has personnal issues and can't work on it everyday... Maybe, if we don't buy the game, we have no reason to be angry against him.
But i can understand why everybody wants more regular updates. I think he should tell us more frequently about the work left before everyone shout at him.

ryshii

May 29, 2018
Maybe making this game is not his only priority, maybe he makes it as an hobby, and not as a full-time job. Or maybe, he has personnal issues and can't work on it everyday... Maybe, if we don't buy the game, we have no reason to be angry against him.
But i can understand why everybody wants more regular updates. I think he should tell us more frequently about the work left before everyone shout at him.
Yes, I don't know if this still in his Patreon, but he did say it's not a full-time job.

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
Here's hoping 2021 is better for updates all around. I've seen messages from multiple developers indicating that the pandemic messed up their progress. I'm eager to see what's next.

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
I know it will never happen will Kayane get fucked or stay a virgin ?
A question for the philosophers or travelers from an alternate dimension.

We also need to see her unleash her combat skills since i doubt someone from such family doesn't know cqc *insert Metal gear joke*

Reactions: tricky17
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes