TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Normally I would agree with you on this, but this dev along with a few others consistently take a year or more to drop a single update and I doubt very much that their lives are that full of problems every year, especially in a year such as this where nigh on the entire world has been on a lockdown for 90% of the year. At some point you just have to look at them and say they are not trying hard enough to warrant the amount of money they are receiving from their patrons. If my boss paid me and I took a year to do as little work as these devs do, I would find myself out of a job very quickly and so would the vast majority of other people.

Wanted to also add that at only a day and a half for this update at the rate he is going at with the story the protagonist hasn't even started to get his revenge except for one of the girls next to nothing has happened with the actual story. Even if he gets his full revenge in the next week (of story time) it's going to take this dev over 5 years at his current rate to finish this story.
Na I totally get that, I also understand the frustration behind their updates. Because while a lot of the time you'd expect big updates from how long these delays be we get probably what a hour's worth if not what feels like less in gameplay? I've been following this dev long enough to know this shit hella frustrating to constantly see an announcement that doesn't fall through. Well in the sense of estimated deadlines. I'd honestly feel it'd be better they didn't estimate and just went off of "it'll be here when it's here" rather than giving everyone expectations for themselves to meet and then falling through with it. That's more acceptable than seeing a sudden oh it's going to be delayed again notification. LOL

Reactions: jenseltersquats

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
The reason why I stop being a patron a long time ago.We pay not to wait a long gd damn time.We pay so they can release the game update atleast,take 3 month.If 1 or 2 update a year?Hell no,there is some dev out there that worth it.Heck even my fav dev Ryen update game 2 times in a month.It depends.House in the rift?My real desires?.My real Desires is a good example.They post separate update,if you cant wait,play the part 1 update first,then wait for 2 week for another.Usually the 1 part have a lot of content than the other Honey games.If I pay this guy,I probably forgot I patron him because it takes too long for an update.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
The reason why I stop being a patron a long time ago.We pay not to wait a long gd damn time.We pay so they can release the game update atleast,take 3 month.If 1 or 2 update a year?Hell no,there is some dev out there that worth it.Heck even my fav dev Ryen update game 2 times in a month.It depends.House in the rift?My real desires?.My real Desires is a good example.They post separate update,if you cant wait,play the part 1 update first,then wait for 2 week for another.Usually the 1 part have a lot of content than the other Honey games.If I pay this guy,I probably forgot I patron him because it takes too long for an update.
Honestly, initially, I was going to be a patron but then I noticed how long the updates were, and then reading the forum just made me go yikes yea no thanks.

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
I just read a comment at some pirate downloading site that this dev start to lose interest/get tired to continue this game(waifu academy) and his now focusing his time to create his new game(waifu hunters or something forget the name)

For all his Die hard/beloved supporters, im not a kid, i knew that we can't trust anything what we read in a comment especially in a pirate site. but the way he do things for the past few years? you guys cant even deny, that even if its just a no base rumor in pirate site some of us might start thinking that this rumor is true.

ps.

(BEING PERFECTIONIST DEVELOPER IS DIFFERENT FROM A DEVELOPER MAKING EXCUSES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN)

tricky17

Oct 12, 2018
I have been a supporter for many years on different games, but the patron site does not promote or encourage regular updates from developers, they get paid as long as people are daft enough to continue there patronage. A points system on the delivery of the project might help ? but also some people would say it would hinder creative content ultimately SOME creators know they have a good product and milk it for all they can !

jokeman10

Feb 19, 2020
So the ETA:
Update 0.9.1a: 1 day half of gameplay
-Storyboard: 100%
-3D and animation rendering: 95%
-Dialogue: 75%
-Scripting: 80%
-Feature: 80%
-Sound/Music: 65%
-Proofreading/Beta testing: 20%

To be more clear, the overhall progress is around 90%, The update still need a week for me to write dialogue here and there, then the proof reading will takes another week(it`s still ~200pages), then 3-4 days to add feature/music and a last day to beta test everything up.
The update will obviously feel shorter that the previous one since it`s now in two parts, But you`ll have another update coming way shorter after then ^^
I took this decision because I don`t want to makes you wait again and again, thanks to my inability at handling a shedule/deadline. not by lazyness but by will of perfection for more work, still that not an excuse.
Thanks for your support and trust! I can`t wait for you to play the next update, you`ll love it!
Irphaeus.

Can't say I wasn't expecting this. Well, time for the dev to go back into hibernation for 2 more months.

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
So the ETA:
Update 0.9.1a: 1 day half of gameplay
-Storyboard: 100%
-3D and animation rendering: 95%
-Dialogue: 75%
-Scripting: 80%
-Feature: 80%
-Sound/Music: 65%
-Proofreading/Beta testing: 20%

To be more clear, the overhall progress is around 90%, The update still need a week for me to write dialogue here and there, then the proof reading will takes another week(it`s still ~200pages), then 3-4 days to add feature/music and a last day to beta test everything up.
The update will obviously feel shorter that the previous one since it`s now in two parts, But you`ll have another update coming way shorter after then ^^
I took this decision because I don`t want to makes you wait again and again, thanks to my inability at handling a shedule/deadline. not by lazyness but by will of perfection for more work, still that not an excuse.
Thanks for your support and trust! I can`t wait for you to play the next update, you`ll love it!
Irphaeus.
Man, I was joking when I said he would announce another delay... (also, two days before the announcement turnt into 4, I guess he is also perfectionist with his patreon posts).

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
I don't know what more to be bothered by, the fact that there is yet another delay. Or the fact that they said the last update was a two-part we were supposed to get at the end of summer and then turn around delayed to this recent post saying the next update is a two-parter as well and the other half will come shortly after. .__ .

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
this dev is terrible and just takes his patrons for granted

but then again patrons are dipshits who continue giving him money.

6+ months without update is normally a death sentence for a typical H game dev, they would lose their support rapidly

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes