Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
his last patreon post was about a week ago.and according to the title it was his last update post (hopefully) before releasing the next version

Mar 21, 2019
This game was already abondoned. The dev somehow provided an unexpected update to "revive" the game.

After the last updatehthe dev said that he will give updates each two weeks on Patreon and that the next update will take only 3 months. Both did not happen - so it is likely that this game will be marked as abondoned again. I am looking forward to this ;)
I usually avoid this dumpsterfire of a thread, but that one is categorically wrong. At no point did this game fulfill the criteria to be marked abandoned on f95, mostly because of the very generous stndards we have for "activity". The creator needs to explicitly cancel the game, go completely AWOL (as in delete himself off the net, discord, patreon and all that) or the game needs to be nuked legally by the copyright holder (40k and Nintendo games are critically endangered from that front). The "worst" Tag that can happen to the game for now is "On Hold" by this forums rules.

Reactions: V-red

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
I usually avoid this dumpsterfire of a thread, but that one is categorically wrong. At no point did this game fulfill the criteria to be marked abandoned on f95, mostly because of the very generous stndards we have for "activity". The creator needs to explicitly cancel the game, go completely AWOL (as in delete himself off the net, discord, patreon and all that) or the game needs to be nuked legally by the copyright holder (40k and Nintendo games are critically endangered from that front). The "worst" Tag that can happen to the game for now is "On Hold" by this forums rules.
Yeah, this is the unfortunate part here.. I think a new tag that says "Inconsistent uploader" or "confirmed liar" which should be used on games like this. Maybe the "confirmed liar" tag (or "big fat liar") could be used in case the dev deviated from their promised schedule multiple times over the year(s) and if they make at least 2-3 promises to release the game only to follow up with more excuses and delays then after it happens a certain amount of times over 2 years, then this tag could be used until the dev keeps to their promises for 2 consecutive updates, when it would be removed?
Tbh I think that these sorts of distinctions are necessary on this site seeing how many of these sorts of games actually exist on this website. We would need a tag that would warn people to be careful with the devs, when they have already been proven/confirmed to have a horrible track record? It wouldn't be too hard to check the amount of lies and unreasonable delays a game may have, if the mods themselves are people who follow the game threads to make sure what the state of that game is.

Ernanda

Dec 31, 2017
Truth is that this thread was marked as 'abandoned' because the dev was silent for months and did not provide any updates.

We all know that the dev is a notorious liar. Just to remind you: In his post on Patreon from 9 June 2020 he "promised we won't have to wait that long ever again". This is obviously a lie, because this updates has already reached the 8 months from the last update.

@ geenius3ab
I would very much support the 'liar' tag

Last edited:

Decode

Aug 25, 2017
Well,you have your point. But I love this shit’s Japanese model style. It's hard to find similar model in this site?Could you show me other good shits like this?
Remembering from the top of my head here
Mythic Manor, Harem Hotel, The Headmaster, Max life, Ecchi Sensei, Depravity, A house in the rift, Corrupted Kingdoms.....i cant list all of it since theres still alot more that i havent discovered yet.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Truth is that this thread was marked as 'abandoned' because the dev was silent for months and did not provide any updates.

We all know that the dev is a notorious liar. Just to remind you: In his post on Patreon from 9 June 2020 he "promised we won't have to wait that long ever again". This is obviously a lie, because this updates has already reached the 8 months from the last update.

@ geenius3ab
I would very much support the 'liar' tag
The thread was marked abandoned yes, but the tag was removed no long after because the mods considered it didn't fulfill the criteria to be tagged as such, release consistency is not relevant for it, the rules, as lenient as they may be, are quite clear on the matter.

A liar tag would not be good, as it could refer to other things, like for example update content that does not reflect what's promised, even if it is released on schedule.

In any case, there have been comments from mods that a new tag system is in the works, so I guess that's when they are going to deal with this sort of case.

Reactions: Jarul and V-red

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
The thread was marked abandoned yes, but the tag was removed no long after because the mods considered it didn't fulfill the criteria to be tagged as such, release consistency is not relevant for it, the rules, as lenient as they may be, are quite clear on the matter.

A liar tag would not be good, as it could refer to other things, like for example update content that does not reflect what's promised, even if it is released on schedule.

In any case, there have been comments from mods that a new tag system is in the works, so I guess that's when they are going to deal with this sort of case.
That's why it should be specifically about these sorts of cases, not about "overpromising and underdelivering" but rather "overpromising and not delivering".

I personally have noticed the trend that if the developer releases updates on schedule but constantly provides bad content, then the playerbase WILL notice and hold the dev accountable- nothing destroys a playerbase more than delivering shit updates that aren't even worth the download.

The issue with decent/high quality updates where the dev lies and promises the world, while only releasing 1 update each year, is that people will forget the patreon support rolling, they will forget the game exists only to get into the content again once the 1 year period passes and a new update comes out.

While it's likely the devs won't care too much about the f95 tags, as they've their stuff up on multiple websites, but at least from this site's point of view a "big fat liar" tag would at least have a positive effect on people here, and work as a warning to anyone who would intend to support stuff that the dev makes.

The Waifu Academy updates are at least decent, and once every year there will be a flow of people in this thread who are excited for the future of this game, and then it's always a situation where they become disillusioned and understand that the dev is full of lies and deceit for that patreon money. It's a vicious cycle that a tag on the game could avoid. At least the people will be able to understand what sort of dev is making this game before they get into it.

Reactions: segment3939

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Me too. Both games are the greatest game of this site,I don't want they die so soon
Just started playing waifu again and has a lot stuff still to happen, too bad this dude is just milking the cow, the games I support I get an e-mail 1-2 times per week and then on Patron they very very active. The guy had a buddy died and WE all supported him, he didn't even charge us but we had his back, we even told him to keep the payments that he needed a vacation and that if he needed talk to anyone we were ALL there for him.

Reactions: Jarul

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Just started playing waifu again and has a lot stuff still to happen, too bad this dude is just milking the cow, the games I support I get an e-mail 1-2 times per week and then on Patron they very very active. The guy had a buddy died and WE all supported him, he didn't even charge us but we had his back, we even told him to keep the payments that he needed a vacation and that if he needed talk to anyone we were ALL there for him.
Are you referencing WVM dev? Cuz i remembered he always put his Patreon money on hold each time he had to delay updates. And his style actually made me respect him for he is no milker.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Well,you have your point. But I love this shit’s Japanese model style. It's hard to find similar model in this site?Could you show me other good shits like this?
The models are made using the game Honey Select which is a pretty common tool that devs use. Harem Hotel, Once in a Lifetime, Mythic Manor, Now & Then, and a House in the Rift are some of the games that use Honey Select for the characters

Reactions: longsuper1
Feb 11, 2021
Mythic Manor, Harem Hotel, The Headmaster, Max life, Ecchi Sensei, Depravity, A house in the rift, Corrupted Kingdoms.....i cant list all of it since theres still alot more that i havent discovered yet.
The models are made using the game Honey Select which is a pretty common tool that devs use. Harem Hotel, Once in a Lifetime, Mythic Manor, Now & Then, and a House in the Rift are some of the games that use Honey Select for the characters
So I'm a new user and still learning how to use the search function to filter out stuff, but is there any way for me to search specifically this style of game?

Hakaisha

Feb 3, 2019
Tried Harem Hotel, The Headmaster and A house in the rift before. Not bad,But It feels a little different. I don't like worried too much about things like money or impression,too much data. Playing this game and Hypnosis make me feels like follow the flow,have a great time. But obviously Hypnosis and A house in the rift are the Japanese models in western life. This game is naturally Japanese style life with the models.

Hakaisha

Feb 3, 2019
Yeah. This dude is very good at talking a great story of this game. I had the same feeling when I playing Hypnosis. Maybe that's the reason that this dude milking the cow but still so much people waiting for it.

Reactions: chicho1958

Hakaisha

Feb 3, 2019
So I'm a new user and still learning how to use the search function to filter out stuff, but is there any way for me to search specifically this style of game?
I afraid this site has no tag for these type of game models,I’m still finding it too.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes