chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Are you referencing WVM dev? Cuz i remembered he always put his Patreon money on hold each time he had to delay updates. And his style actually made me respect him for he is no milker.
yup that guy is great will always support him

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
Ah fuck, I just ran into this gem to find out it is (maybe) abandoned :cry:
It is not abandoned people just like to come here and complain and speculate stuff and accuse of milking and whatever else is said over and over for the last 400ish pages of forums. Yes it is slow development but no matter what all the people in here say about the dev it is still a great game and they all are excited for another update so they can play it and then a few weeks later go back to complaining.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
It is not abandoned people just like to come here and complain and speculate stuff and accuse of milking and whatever else is said over and over for the last 400ish pages of forums. Yes it is slow development but no matter what all the people in here say about the dev it is still a great game and they all are excited for another update so they can play it and then a few weeks later go back to complaining.
It's pretty dishonest to frame this as people just wanting to complain, there's been no progress for 8 months. Recognizing the serious issue he has in productivity is not unreasonable nor is it complaints for the sake of complaints.

There's a reason that this thread has consistent complaints and Once In A Lifetime (which is similar in many ways) doesn't. The latter has a dev who produces great content and actually produces things reliably, thus people give them the positive reaction they deserve.

I'd love if Irphaeus inspired a similar reaction, his work is certainly enjoyable in many ways, but ultimately he isn't owed positivity and so far his behavior has done nothing to inspire it.

Reactions: zerdeca and Jarul

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
I know how it goes on F95. But I just discovered this game and the last update seems quite old. It's not reassuring.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
i mean .. when it went from v070 to v080 it only was like 20 minutes of content .. like 15 minutes of rushing the dialogue and the 5 of sexual content
This is why I don't care when people say "is only x mins of content", I don't rush dialogue, I actually read it with the passing I think it has, if all you want is the sex scenes you may as well just unpack the rpa, find the pics, and say it was 5 mins of content.
I'm not berating you for playing the game the way you want it, you do you, but the time it takes you to go through a game is not the same time I'll take to someone else.

AshLoo

May 6, 2018
I 'm (more) worry about a war will happen (between agree dev & disagree dev faction) before the update is available ...

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
It's pretty dishonest to frame this as people just wanting to complain, there's been no progress for 8 months. Recognizing the serious issue he has in productivity is not unreasonable nor is it complaints for the sake of complaints.

There's a reason that this thread has consistent complaints and Once In A Lifetime (which is similar in many ways) doesn't. The latter has a dev who produces great content and actually produces things reliably, thus people give them the positive reaction they deserve.

I'd love if Irphaeus inspired a similar reaction, his work is certainly enjoyable in many ways, but ultimately he isn't owed positivity and so far his behavior has done nothing to inspire it.
Seriously try to make a game like this, learn to code it, make the images and videos, write the story, story board it with images and the dialogue all in your spare time from your everyday life. Until you have rendered anything, written a script, story boarded it out, coded it, and written it in a language that is not your primary, while also working for a living you cannot judge someone else's productivity issues. I beg you try your hand at any one of these things and see how long it takes you to come up with original content that has people wanting to play it or waiting for the next update.

I work in design in the actual video game industry and cannot even imagine doing something like this on my own with all that is involved. I work 55 hours or more a week just to get my regular work projects done and only do the design aspect of things based off what others write and plan out or need created. The thought of doing every part of a game as a hobby/secondary form of income does not even strike me as something I want to do. Especially not when I see how people who do just that in their spare time are treated on here.

Yes he is late and keeps pushing the date but his supporters stick with him because they do not care and want his game and do not feel they are being milked or have the money to spare. No I am not a supporter but impatience and negativity all the time is not the answer either. It is the same in every forum where someone makes a good game but just does not make updates fast enough for the masses of free downloaders who just want their fix and its never good enough.

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
What if he got troubles ? Like being sick or what? Yes i'm doing the devil advocate but bare with me, think about it 2 second? It can be, i'm not saying he's but what if? The wait is quite long, but all we can do is just wait, we can complain all we want, nothing will change.

Edit : And what if the next update is like 2hour of content? Like a really big big update?

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
The thought of doing every part of a game as a hobby/secondary form of income does not even strike me as something I want to do.
The thing is... The game its making so much money on patreon. At least thats what i understand its happening. It might even have been stablished that the game its devs only income. Thats why people complain... I for one aint paying one bit, so i can wait as long as it takes xD

• Haha
Reactions: V-red and AshLoo

AshLoo

May 6, 2018
And what if the next update is like 2hour of content? Like a really big big update?
I agree your point but ... I dun think dev will do the content will over 1 hours with their schudule (However I wish they can really did 2 hours content also) :ROFLMAO:

LeoneedNya

Sep 27, 2017
What if he got troubles ? Like being sick or what? Yes i'm doing the devil advocate but bare with me, think about it 2 second? It can be, i'm not saying he's but what if? The wait is quite long, but all we can do is just wait, we can complain all we want, nothing will change.

Edit : And what if the next update is like 2hour of content? Like a really big big update?
If u got sick u can tell it in ur discord or patreon blog, right?
But he didnt) coz his not

Reactions: tricky17

jokeman10

Feb 19, 2020

You must be new to this thread/game. There's a reason people here are fed up with this dev's shit. You can choose to remain blissfully ignorant but that doesn't change the fact that he's been pulling crap like this for over a year. Now, although I agree that complaining here most probably won't change anything, it is a way for people to vent their frustrations and you are in no position to tell them otherwise. Instead of telling us to believe in him maybe you could tell him to manage his schedule properly because if he keeps the updates flowing on a timely basis, people will automatically stop complaining.

V-red

Nov 12, 2017
while also working for a living you cannot judge someone else's productivity issues.
The thought of doing every part of a game as a hobby/secondary form of income does not even strike me as something I want to do. Especially not when I see how people who do just that in their spare time are treated on here.
Your talking has nothing to do with this dev at all. It's true that there are devs who make games in their free time driven only by enthusiasm but this is not the case. Look at my proof:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See? And he has almost three times more than he needed for full-time work on the project. It's only natural that with growth of patreons people expect to see more productivity and quality from a dev, and devs often state it themselves that they will buy new computer, work full time, hire more people, etc. As did Irph too. But instead his productivity never raised and only become lower and lower with time. So no, you are absolutely not right here. It's ok to be slow but it's not ok to be dishonest. And this dev is both slow and dishonest.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes