Oct 15, 2017
Not a game dev, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why is this guy even talking about renders when it is just Honey Select screenshots and video captures? Sure he needs to create the scene and then take screenshots/videos of it, but that is instantaneous and not exactly super time consuming, so where does all this talk of rendering come from when Honey Select runs in realtime?

Last edited:

riserser

May 15, 2018
I may had got it wrong, but I think "rendering" in Honey Select refer to using a mod to "Enchance" the "screenshot" by toying some parameter like light?
But anyway, when he talk about renders, he propably mean the time he take to create the poses. From what I saw, he use the animation from HS without creating new (at least I don't remember) but I think he create the pose in between h-scene for exemple.

-> Well, it still doesn't explain the amount of time it take, I may believe an artist is rarely/never satisfied with his work, but I don't think it applies here. (He may really spend a "lot" of time remaking these "renders", but I believe he's not working on the game most of the time ^^)

Red Sand

Aug 6, 2016
I remember it being mentioned a couple of times way back when, maybe over a couple of hundred Pages back not sure how far.
He doesn't really create much of the scenes, He more of import someone else's work and just swap stuff around.
I played around with Honey Select so it's kind of easy to do that and fun sometimes :ROFLMAO:
but I kind of stopped playing it a long time ago when I couldn't get the Futa content\mods to work and I was getting bored of it :p

I mean I don't mind him doing that if it cuts down on the time and makes updates come out faster... oh wait:KEK:

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
No, really, 488kB is clean text. The problem may be, as I see now, that the file I posted here (in case someone wanted to check it) is 7zip archive, but server says it's plaintext, so browser shows binary mess. But right-click, "save as", unpack and you get what I'm talking about.

It was just about the size, related to how fast you can read it, nothing else.
I wasn't talking about zip files here; just like images, most text files are usually compressed to some degree to save space in disk, is a part of the format itself, whether you put it on to another compressed container afterward is beside the point.

Not a game dev, so correct me if I'm wrong, but why is this guy even talking about renders when it is just Honey Select screenshots and video captures? Sure he needs to create the scene and then take screenshots/videos of it, but that is instantaneous and not exactly super time consuming, so where does all this talk of rendering come from when Honey Select runs in realtime?
I mean, they are technically "renders", they just take a split second to finish due to the low amount of calculations needed when compared to a more heavy scene like the ones from Daz.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo and Red Sand

Inex33

Jun 20, 2018
I think first few updates took 2-3 months with a good amount of content. So i think his just not working as much as back then.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
By now i wonder who's gonna be out first, waifu academy, come inside or ecchi sensei.
it's the impossible guess.

Ps: thx guys for pointing out who was Keiko, i had seriously forgotten i actually thought it was the mother besides i have uninstall the game from my computer (too long since an update..was taking space for nothing)

• Haha
Reactions: Red Sand
Oct 15, 2017
I mean, they are technically "renders", they just take a split second to finish due to the low amount of calculations needed when compared to a more heavy scene like the ones from Daz.
Technically they are rendered in realtime, sure, but you know what I meant, there is no time consuming rendering involved like with other engines/3D programs due to the low poly count and it being screenshots/videos taken from a game, rather than a 3D rendering tool like maya etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: septacycell

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
We got some news today! According to the guy who does the script editing, "The final scene is done with only a single page left to fix: the credits." Irphaeus still has to send it to him which I think is really weird since why wouldn't he send the final page along with the last stuff he sent? It doesn't seem very efficient to break up the script into so many parts especially when the last part is supposedly only a page long. Either way, looks like we might be seeing it before the one year anniversary of the last update.

Reactions: Dringar

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Technically they are rendered in realtime, sure, but you know what I meant, there is no time consuming rendering involved like with other engines/3D programs due to the low poly count and it being screenshots/videos taken from a game, rather than a 3D rendering tool like maya etc.
So I take that you just read up until the first comma? Because will would you pretty much repeat what I just said in the very same comment that you quoted?

• Haha
Reactions: Red Sand
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes