zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Well, I presume that I can't see my Sheila also this month *shrug*
Sheila is in the preview channel on the Discord and I think when somebody asked who was going to be featured in the update he said "Takamura, Sheila, Asuka, Motoko, Elizabeth, Keiko and Yoko". Yoko isn't part of the update anymore but Sheila should still be included. That being said, I also remember him saying he was considering reusing the Sheila homework scene in this update but instead made a new one that is much shorter.

Reactions: Alex_12

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
I don't want to be that guy but...

" I'm having a huge dilemma... Should I release the update in a couple of days... OR should i finish Yoko scene and delay for AT LEAST 2 more weeks..." :)
" it's been so long that I really want to release it, before everybody get very annoyed " :)
" everytime i want to polish something I end adding tons of renders and text, and push the release "
" I will release it and then do another update next month with Keiko, Yoko and Tomoe content "
" The update won't make the equivalent for something that took almost a year, this is why I tried to add a bit more stuff but, this just never ends, it's a vicous circle i'm falling in >.< " :)

" Keiko scene is 60 renders and 4 animations, Yoko scene is 180 renders and 8 animations. "
" The Yoko quest is so fun i wanted so bad to have it in this update "
" Today I was compiling the script of Keiko scene and somethin was wrong... I started to rework it " :)

His game is as good as he is bad at managing the development.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
You know what? i think i know when the update is dropping... June 10th. I'm calling it now

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Of this year?
Yes, it will be exactly 1 year since last update and the dev with use this excuse or something like it "I was going to release earlier but decided going further it will be yearly updates and what a better day to pick then same as last years? just in time for the summer holidays" and "But remember to stay subbed so i can still keep milking your money! sending speical bonus pictures and extra wallpapers" "And if we reach another 1k subs i might actually get around to hiring that extra guy like i promised last!"

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Uh oops...
Hum, actually his assistants said on an interview not too long ago that they were in the final stretch, so it's plausible he has already finished the script for the remaining of the story, as such, it is also plausible that berserk could be finished before this game, even when the author himself is no longer here, rest in peace Kentaro Miura.
*glasses off*

So reading this in 20-30 minutes? No, it doesn't seem likely.
I remember it took me the best part of an afternoon, so yea those claiming is 30~ are just talking out of their ass, or are skipping text will nilly, whether is text -or in this case just dialog- worth reading is another thing entirely.

(*) I used quick and dirty php script to remove commands and useless whitespace:
Personally, I use Note++, I find using regular expressions is better for this type of cleaning.

Not really, those 488kB is clean text.
That's not exactly true, do not use file sizes for this type of comparisons, there's compression at hand here, so using data size is quite inaccurate, not that using words, lines, pages, or any other measurings of that type is that good either, but at least you're not including something else into the mix.

I'm usually not one for taking any of those measures seriously, since writing is much more than just typing, saying I wrote x amount of words for this update tells me nothing of the quality of the text written, after all, "I" "..." "you" are very common for dialogue and are valid as words too. There's also , something like Inktober but for novels, the challenge here is writing a novel in 30 days that is at least 50,000 words long, and thousands participate and finish each year.

So to me measuring and update's worth by the "number of things" it has is not all that meaningful, I just do it because people seem to like boasting these raw values to validate or justify the delays.

Lastly, please don't compare works with a more deep and rich world and story to this game, lest you're saying Irphaeus invested five years just to build the world these characters live in.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Sheila is in the preview channel on the Discord and I think when somebody asked who was going to be featured in the update he said "Takamura, Sheila, Asuka, Motoko, Elizabeth, Keiko and Yoko". Yoko isn't part of the update anymore but Sheila should still be included. That being said, I also remember him saying he was considering reusing the Sheila homework scene in this update but instead made a new one that is much shorter.
Gimme that preview... Well, good to know... But are you sure that we will see them again?

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Gimme that preview... Well, good to know... But are you sure that we will see them again?
The dev specifically said that Sheila was in the next update and the preview he posted seems to confirm that so unless it was cut for time like Yoko was then I'm pretty sure we'll have some stuff with Sheila
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
My question was a joke... I mean, 1 year without update... For this i asked if we will see them again :WeSmart: :Kappa:is already a miracle that I remember her name

• Haha
Reactions: Kuranai

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
That's not exactly true, do not use file sizes for this type of comparisons, there's compression at hand here, so using data size is quite inaccurate, not that using words, lines, pages, or any other measurings of that type is that good either, but at least you're not including something else into the mix.
No, really, 488kB is clean text. The problem may be, as I see now, that the file I posted here (in case someone wanted to check it) is 7zip archive, but server says it's plaintext, so browser shows binary mess. But right-click, "save as", unpack and you get what I'm talking about.

Lastly, please don't compare works with a more deep and rich world and story to this game, lest you're saying Irphaeus invested five years just to build the world these characters live in.
It was just about the size, related to how fast you can read it, nothing else.

Red Sand

Aug 6, 2016
damn, i don't remember who's keiko..
Same here, I don't even remember anyone's name in the game it's been so long since the last update and played it.
I kind of don't remember what they or anyone looks like either >...>
but in all honesty it doesn't really matter because most of them are kind of generic-looking anyways :KEK:

Reactions: splamo and Banish
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes