Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Good. The discord should have been putting pressure on him 6 months ago but all they do is enable his laziness (or as they call it, "perfectionism"). I was shocked when they finally pushed back a little when he said he was going to delay it again to finish the Yoko scene
How can anything this dude do be considered perfectionism when what he produces is subpar at best?
Selebus, Killer7, Palemaster, Threshold, Niju, Jyp, Zimon, Sir Damned, and many, many, many others, produce equal if not better quality renders in 1/4 of the time it takes this guy to do a 3 in game time day update. HOW? for the love of god someone pleas
From the upcoming update? I could have sworn that a scene with her got cut from 0.8.0.
It was. This is the second time. Friendly reminder this is all only going to last a weekend in game. However the fuck that's possible is beyond me.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Presumably that's the progress of Irphaeus' uploading the next update, he apparently is using smoke signals to transfer the data so it's taking a while.
It's taking more than a while. According to him, he started uploading yesterday (which I believe is night for him) and when he woke up it was only at 8%. He then told us we had about 10 hours left and that was 9 hours ago and now he says it's not even halfway. His upload speed has to be like <512Kbps

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
Well, that's one way to delay the game again...
It's almost comical - like he looked hard at the process and tried to make everything take as long as possible, like "Oh yeah, I can totally potato my upload speed!" Nothing takes 12+ hours to upload this day and age unless your wifi antennae are actual bamboo sticks.

Reactions: okapaa

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
How can anything this dude do be considered perfectionism when what he produces is subpar at best?
Selebus, Killer7, Palemaster, Threshold, Niju, Jyp, Zimon, Sir Damned, and many, many, many others, produce equal if not better quality renders in 1/4 of the time it takes this guy to do a 3 in game time day update. HOW? for the love of god someone pleas

It was. This is the second time. Friendly reminder this is all only going to last a weekend in game. However the fuck that's possible is beyond me.
Just a curious question. Why do you keep coming back and posting 6 times in 11 days if it is sub par at best. Most people who think something is subpar could give a shit what happens with a game and move on. I really enjoy the story and the characters, yes a very slow dev, but even I who want to see the next update come out am not here that much.

Reactions: zARRR
Apr 20, 2018
Depends on your definition of a better area. I have been to France. What I consider better areas would be out away from the cities because the country portion of France is beautiful and has really nice houses with lots of land. However that kind of living does not always translate to good internet speeds. Living in the US I know plenty of people who have 300 to 600k houses on private land away from the city that have crappy Satellite internet that costs them ridiculous amount per month and gives them shitty speeds 3MB maximum upload. Now if you consider crowded city living where everything is more expensive and fast paced then yes he could get better internet. But does anything about the dev strike you as a person who wants a fast paced lifestyle?
My statement more so meant he has the option to live virtually anywhere in France. Furthermore, if you're learning your living online move out of that shit country tbh.
Regardless, the post was directed at the dev's excuses being easy to argue against...

Edit: The short reply to someone was based off of my longer post earlier.

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Thats like 6 six hours from now. Hope we get it and not just the people on patreon and discord. Lets see what we wait for so long.
Even if would be that it was exclusive for his supporters, the link will be leaked withing a matter of hours, so that won't be a problem at all.

Just a curious question. Why do you keep coming back and posting 6 times in 11 days if it is sub par at best. Most people who think something is subpar could give a shit what happens with a game and move on. I really enjoy the story and the characters, yes a very slow dev, but even I who want to see the next update come out am not here that much.
He's not saying the whole game is subpar, just the quality of the images.

In short, that the amount of time invested to make those images does not correspond to the quality claimed.

Especially when considered other devs do better with less time, so is not that they are unbearably bad, is just that they are not as good as the super perfectionist author claims that they are.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I

Subpar?
The game ain’t subpar, the author makes lies and delays the updates, but the game is actually pretty good, even better in some aspects than some games of the authors you mentioned.

Reactions: rawr52

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
Honestly, but who cares about the upload speed at this point... this update was planed for august last year, a few hours (or days) more won't make a large difference to the 9months of delay. Just don't have any expectations with this dev, be it time or content.

I'm more curious if this update will have more content, than what other devs make in 1-2 months, especially as one major focus of the update was cut.
If he didn't delay with shitty excuse why not, i could understand. The fact that he have yet another excuse, true or fake that is, it's nerving
Well, living in the country-side, I still have an upload of 300ko/s :p (500ko/s if it's a good day xD)
But well, in this case, it's most likely an excuse to have more time to make what he was supposed to make during the past year :p
(I'm not really fond of bashing a developper, but with all the lame and unplausible excuses that he throw all the times...)
Exactly

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes