Grumch

Jul 3, 2018
Waifu Academy [v0.8.0b] [Irphaeus] - Original Size: 2.96GB
Compressed Android port(582MB): MEGA
- -
Compressed Windows/Linux/Mac (615MB): MEGA - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
*These builds were made with the aid of scripts developed by Sam, bas, PearlNecklaceProductions, and myself
, using open source technologies such as: RenPy, Handbrake, ffmpeg, cwebp, vibvpx, libopus, and Gradle.*
You uplodead those links to the worse servers possible

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
is it out?
No. It's uploading now but Irphaeus says he has really slow upload speed. I guess he started uploading it last night (for him) but it's only at 8% and he said it'll give him "8hours to write a Patreon post and make some renders" so I guess we still have to wait 8 hours at least.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: V-Kun and tricky17

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
No. It's uploading now but Irphaeus says he has really slow upload speed. I guess he started uploading it last night (for him) but it's only at 8% and he said it'll give him "8hours to write a Patreon post and make some renders" so I guess we still have to wait 8 hours at least.
lol
Is he still using the slow internet excuse after 2 years? France has really fast internet and yet it feels like he has 512 kbps
I bet he uses those long hours to rush 50% of the content

Apr 20, 2018
I'm not going to complain about how long it's been. That has been well taken care of. I will just say this, and it might apply to many, many of the games on this site.

It's been long enough now that I need a recap. I don't remember the story line, the characters, the whole situation in general. I need a "previously on", like they do on TV.

I play too many games, and too many of them are too similar for me to keep track of it all. Lemme see... there's a young man, with an absent father, there's the young man's attractive mother (and maybe his hot sister,?) a bunch of girls at school who might secretly have a crush on him, or maybe think he's weird but grow to really like him... and I've just described maybe fifty games, maybe more.

Recap, please.
There's a lot of games on here that I've dodged for like 1-2 years assuming they were bad, e.g. the top on the site (Being A DIK). That game seems to update 3 times a year(ish), has approximately the same amount of sexual content (although last update was a lil eh to me) and ask you seek always gives a "previously on" at the start of each 'episode'. Also gives a preview for next update.

There are games guilty of long updates, I remember the top earning western game on here being summertime saga, it had one update that took 6 or 8 months, but to be fair they were redoing all the art of characters, including revamping sex scenes etc. (Removed line art for cheek bones in place of skin tone blending)

Apr 20, 2018
I've seen comments saying that his discord/patrons should pressure him into releasing updates faster.
The thing is while I won't defend a year-long update the guy may be depressed, lazy, and demotivated.

My main issue lies in that the update time doesn't add up with how people continue supporting him.
The minimum wage for his country is around a third of his patron income. Add on that after an update he'll likely gain more supporters which slowly drop off.

He's earning 3 times his national minimum wage for what I assume is less than 8 hours a day of work, and unlike say YouTubers/Twitch streamers, the entertainment the supporters get is now approaching a year-long release.
When I started following this game it took 4-6 months for an update, then last year we were hit with the 8 or 9 months wait, the content was nice but the same as the previous update which led to confusion for me as to how it took longer.

Ultimately people can do with their money what they wish, but if people wanna see change, the next time he hits the release date said and doesn't deliver on his set deadlines; people need to consider withdrawing their support until he picks up the development.
If people did this with School Of Lust, they'd have no choice but to ignore the "piracy" and focus on releasing updates faster.

The top earners you'll see on this site find a sweet balance between 5 things: Good sex scenes, good characters(/character development), good story, reasonable release times to content ratio, and transparency (not lying about what you can get done or setting release dates you have no intention of meeting).

It's been so long I may be misremembering, but I believe the dev said the 0.9 update would drop last AUTUMN, just 4 to 6 months after his most recent. You can forgive PC issues, general tardiness, and overall poor judgment on development time TO AN EXTENT. Had it dropped in December, we'd have been saying "1/2 months late but nice update". Instead, I'm likely never supporting the game again as I'm not willing to throw 36 dollars into a developing game that I get to play for 2~ hours a year.

Additional note: The triple his national minimum wage was an estimate assuming all his patrons were on the 3 dollar tier. There are definitely ones on the top tier, and the 2 medium tiers. His income is more likely closer to 70-80k a year after taxes, not 45k.

Apr 20, 2018
lol
Is he still using the slow internet excuse after 2 years? France has really fast internet and yet it feels like he has 512 kbps
The man's earning triple minimum wage *minimum* and his job is based online, but doesn't pay for decent internet? :derp:

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
lol
As a Frenchman, i can tell you it's really depend where you live. I'm not trying to get an excuse for him, but that "could" be true.

And now let's see what are the next excuse lmao

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
Many new comers/players even the die hard supporters are getting hyped about the news well i cant blame you guys, but its always like this for 3 years now its like there's always unexpected problem before the release day so the dev will have to move the release for 1-2 weeks. This dev already got us twice so for the third time?

NO THANK YOU! NOT THIS THIS TIME

im happy if im wrong, believe me im even hoping im wrong this time but to put your trust to what this dev saying about "RELEASE DATE/DAY UPDATE" (well good luck with that, but prepare for a big disappointment)

ps.
Dont expect, Just dont!

If the update comes out!(THANK YOU!) if not(TOLD YOU DONT EXPECT)

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
lol
In his area, his internet is slow. Just because France may be known for fast internet, (idk how true that is) it doesn't mean his area does. Not every place has super fast internet. Also internet isn't always fast, it can be shit on some days as well..

also the " Is he still using the slow internet excuse after 2 years? " is pretty ignorant. Maybe he didn't upgrade his ISP, which is very plausible

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The man earns 50k MINIMUM per year, he can afford to move to a better area...
Honestly, but who cares about the upload speed at this point... this update was planed for august last year, a few hours (or days) more won't make a large difference to the 9months of delay. Just don't have any expectations with this dev, be it time or content.

I'm more curious if this update will have more content, than what other devs make in 1-2 months, especially as one major focus of the update was cut.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes