JoePlant

May 2, 2017
Irph also has content planned for after version 1.0, so I don't think he is bored of his game
In the case of games like this, actions speak louder than intentions.

Whatever you may think, whatever may be stated, the end result is all that matters. What most people forget about this line is that the end result is different per person.

Reactions: Pagliano

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
As a guy who has talked to Irphaeus I genuinely do not believe he is the kind of guy to do this. Recently he has some trouble with Patreon and has been preoccupied dealing with that, he has also developed a lot of renders/previews for his next game, Waifu Hunter, for the patrons. He is considering and is going to poll whether to release the final parts of the Yoko Update, or carry on and develop many more scenes.
I am sorry but what you do and don't believe is of no consequences to me. Irphaeus has had a problem with patreon for the last week, well we have had a problem with this game for the past 2+ years and no amount of BS excuses from him is gonna detract from the fact that the guy is a simple conman.

riserser

May 15, 2018
As a guy who has talked to Irphaeus I genuinely do not believe he is the kind of guy to do this. Recently he has some trouble with Patreon and has been preoccupied dealing with that, he has also developed a lot of renders/previews for his next game, Waifu Hunter, for the patrons. He is considering and is going to poll whether to release the final parts of the Yoko Update, or carry on and develop many more scenes.
Well, I never spoke with him, but I nonetheless have a hard time believing that.

On one side, we got an update that doesn't represent at ALL a year of work, be it story wise or render wise. True, there's the pandemy, maybe something happened, but I would be more inclined to think that's another excuse since..

For a long time now, he's always claiming, for exemple, "Bugs & difficulty to "make/code" the game with renp'y after making the renders" but.. truthfully, there are renp'y game that either aren't even VN anymore, or at least have a lot of work on it, gameplay or effect wise, but not this game. Apart from the "phone app", he only use 4 "lines" of code : "scene name_of_the_picture" / "label name_of_the_label" / "menu:" / "Jump". Even a "kid" that never used a computer could learn to do that in less that a day by bruteforcing it dumbly :p
The delay to "correct/verify the script" is a blatant lie, since as we saw in the last update, there's more errors in the scripts that the number of sentences...

Maybe, even if I don't think I could ever believe it, he's not a "bad guy milking his patreons".. but notheless, he's still far too dishonest...

RE:Infinity

Nov 5, 2020
Irph also has content planned for after version 1.0, so I don't think he is bored of his game
Then why start a new project, doesn't seem practical, it would make more sense if he was on the last update and the game was practically finished, which it's still bad since people are waiting for the end of the game. In conclusion, don't do two things at a time, especially if you have bugs and coding is difficult to you.

lardtree90

Feb 16, 2018
2 updates per month? Now that's fast, more fast than I even want tbh. I can see why he gets almost 9 grand per month, loads of people feel very confident funding the guy. Game looks very good as well, might play it one day.
LiL is great and Sel is probably the most consistent dev I've ever seen. Definitely earns that money. Just don't go into LiL looking for a quick jerk. Like, the lewd stuff is fairly plentiful, but it's not really the main focus.

lol he's not bored of suckers paying him thousands per month to work about 1 month out of the year.

Reactions: zeroidk

RE:Infinity

Nov 5, 2020
LiL is great and Sel is probably the most consistent dev I've ever seen. Definitely earns that money. Just don't go into LiL looking for a quick jerk. Like, the lewd stuff is fairly plentiful, but it's not really the main focus.
Queue the existential crisis

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
the game gets stuck on the second attempt to retrieve the camera. You get the option to either retrieve the camera or rummage through lockers, but both options bring you right back to the choice

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
the game gets stuck on the second attempt to retrieve the camera. You get the option to either retrieve the camera or rummage through lockers, but both options bring you right back to the choice
It's been a while since I played that scene but i think you rummage around again and find something and the game continues.

Reactions: tokuin and Math87

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
This Waifu Hunter game has been "worked on" since early 2018 https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-9-0a-irphaeus.9414/page-39 so over 3 years now, since then he has revealed a few previews for the game, it's mostly images that he stole from other games or renders that he just put his own characters over. I know i remember he put 4 different designs for a succubus for us to chose from and some other muscle looking demon girl, i see that none of them are present now in this new preview almost like that was all just for show and he didn't actually work on anything.

But if he has been actually working on Waifu Hunter FOR OVER 3 YEARS NOW, i and you imagine when he releases it one day in the year 2028 it will have a ton of content and wont be a just 10 minute 0.1 release right? right???????? Hahaa, i love how gullible some people are...

Also i waiting for the announcement of him delaying Waifu academy release that took over a year to make that was suppose to come out 2 months ago but that got split in half and then announced to come out in June but got delayed to July which is also gonna be delayed in a week or two to August and then after that delayed a few more times until Irphaeus dust his old computer thats been sitting in his basement for a long time rendering his own character over already per-rendered game scenes he got from other peoples games.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
It's been a while since I played that scene but i think you rummage around again and find something and the game continues.
thank you, i had tried each multiple times but because i kept going back and forth between the options, it never actually triggered, trying the locker twice in a row after retrieving the camera, the game continued.

Reactions: pgm_01

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
I'm calling bullshit on this whole series of posts from this account lol. He always has trouble going on, that's been the issue for years now. It's not a point to make anymore. His scam is becoming pretty blatant at this point, and now he's pushing this other game to draw attention away from this half-updated mess just as many of us said would happen weeks ago. The final parts of the update are probably not even done, and his 'next game' most likely amounts to what he's already posted on patreon in it's entirety.

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
Don't know about what's he been doing, but this all makes me wonder what does Irphaeus have to hide.
The fact that if he's a scam and lazy as fuck, patreons will get angry, really angry and his patreon account will be shut down for fraud. He'll get no income anymore from that and remember he has 1.4k patreon, with the first tier starting at 3bucks, so 4.2k USD at least ( a little less because he's french so it's euro, but for sake of semplicity i've done the math in USD) and that it's without taking in account Patreon cut on that and eventually french taxes on it ( i don't know if with patreon you've to pay taxes on it, but likely the case) and even with all of that took in account, he still get a decent living, surely higher than a lot of people hard working everyday. That's why he potentially hide behind those excuses.

I've to say, it's a tempting situation to be put on, you litterally don't work or the bare minimum and you get paid for liying to other, and basically you can do the fuck you want. Ideal right? At least i could understand his motivation if this is the case. But all of this is just my pov and speculation, i don't know the man, i'm just a folk here who read comments on this topic and check his patreon, so i'm just talking about what i see.

PS/edit: Understand his motivation is not forgiving him about what he do ( if it's the cas of course), it's just if i was in his place i'll would be tempted, so as i said understable.

Claiy

Feb 26, 2018
Someone asked him if working on a second game was wise and if he can handle it on patreon in the comments from the waifu hunter post, and our favorite dev actually gave an answer :

I understand your concern but has a creator I can't work fully on one single game, especialy after almost 3 years. I have to do something else to get a breath of fresh air on another project, or i'll end very bored and unproductive. This is why there is large majority of creator abandoning their project after a some time... Here i'm trying to keep my motivation on both project :) Of course the new project won't go in full product until the other one is finished.

"Or i'll end very bored and unproductive"
LMAO

ps : you can check for yourself it's a patreon post that is available for free

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
The fact that if he's a scam and lazy as fuck, patreons will get angry, really angry and his patreon account will be shut down for fraud. He'll get no income anymore from that and remember he has 1.4k patreon, with the first tier starting at 3bucks, so 4.2k USD at least ( a little less because he's french so it's euro, but for sake of semplicity i've done the math in USD) and that it's without taking in account Patreon cut on that and eventually french taxes on it ( i don't know if with patreon you've to pay taxes on it, but likely the case) and even with all of that took in account, he still get a decent living, surely higher than a lot of people hard working everyday. That's why he potentially hide behind those excuses.

I've to say, it's a tempting situation to be put on, you litterally don't work or the bare minimum and you get paid for liying to other, and basically you can do the fuck you want. Ideal right? At least i could understand his motivation if this is the case. But all of this is just my pov and speculation, i don't know the man, i'm just a folk here who read comments on this topic and check his patreon, so i'm just talking about what i see.

PS/edit: Understand his motivation is not forgiving him about what he do ( if it's the cas of course), it's just if i was in his place i'll would be tempted, so as i said understable.
Also he apparently has a team of people to support him in the development of the game, so it's not like he is alone. Furthermore this a visual novel game we are talking about, it really, really shouldn't take so long to release an update for it (And a 20 minute update on that, waiting 1 year for it is completely unacceptable ESPECIALLY since he is being paid).

Sep 13, 2020
Someone asked him if working on a second game was wise and if he can handle it on patreon in the comments form the waifu hunter post, and our favorite dev actually gave an answer :

I understand your concern but has a creator I can't work fully on one single game, especialy after almost 3 years. I have to do something else to get a breath of fresh air on another project, or i'll end very bored and unproductive. This is why there is large majority of creator abandoning their project after a some time... Here i'm trying to keep my motivation on both project :) Of course the new project won't go in full product until the other one is finished.

"Or i'll end very bored and unproductive"
LMAO

ps : you can check for yourself it's a patreon post that is available for free
So he admitted that he is indeed getting bored of it and also admitted he is being unproductive. Gotta give him a lot of credit for finally being honest not even joking

Reactions: Andarilho
4.10 star(s) 266 Votes