Sep 13, 2020
It is with deep displeasure that I learn that the guy is French. I expected better from a compatriot. Hey, man, move your ass, don't make us look lazy, save the honor at least ...
I was actually so surprised to find out he was French, I thought he would be Filipino or Indonesian or something like that. Anime/Japan culture is extremely popular in those places

otakujo

Oct 3, 2020
the new project looks Kool but are we getting the so called update that was suppose to come out while ago lol.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I understand your concern but has a creator I can't work fully on one single game, especialy after almost 3 years. I have to do something else to get a breath of fresh air on another project, or i'll end very bored and unproductive. This is why there is large majority of creator abandoning their project after a some time... Here i'm trying to keep my motivation on both project :) Of course the new project won't go in full product until the other one is finished.
Yeah...doesn't he work on waifu hunter since 2018, at least that was he said, time and time again...not that there was ever any evidence that he actually worked on it...
"Or i'll end very bored and unproductive"
U mean even more unproductive, than half an update after a year and ~30% of that update missing do tue time pressure...what a joker :KEK:

otakujo

Oct 3, 2020
i feel this very bored or unproductive shouldn't matter if peoples are paying as sub for your work and progress its mostly stealing or false advertisement. in my personally view i don't support devs since there legit no guarantee they put the work.

Beckz

May 11, 2020
I always wondering why people always go on doing other thing before finishing the 1st thing he do, tho..

caravaggio

May 8, 2017
This started out as a good game, writing is good, there is a plot, graphics are nice enough. But lately the quality really plummet. Given the ever growing wait time between episodes one would expect that there was more care put into it, but it's hardly the case, the music is all over the place and there is NO SINGLE DIALOGUE line of the MC which doesn't end with an attempted pun, between brackets, 'cause he GOT to comment every single thing that he says. Really, maybe my memory is fuzzy, but at the beginning the writing wasn't bad at all, in the last updates the MC dialogue seems like a self parody, extremely annoying. I'm afraid it's time to move on.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
i feel this very bored or unproductive shouldn't matter if peoples are paying as sub for your work and progress its mostly stealing or false advertisement. in my personally view i don't support devs since there legit no guarantee they put the work.
Churning out shit just because its funded is a dumb idea. People want more of things they love, hence they get pissed at long waits for updates or delays to them... but ask anyone if that is better than just phoning it in for easy money and most would say yes. The MILFY CITY guy said he'd had enough of that game and wanted to start a new project like he had done over and over and OVER again before that one particular game blew up and they ate him alive for saying it - who cares if it would make him loath his own project or make shit updates or his history of churning out and completing games relatively fast, his funding says hes to be a slave to it eh? great idea bro. As for this as ive said before its been YEARS of minimal updates - aint no one got a footing to stand on bitching about updates for a game with years of history to see its been like this but sure we can all magically expect things to change in the face of this history regardless of a second project or not.

How many devs can we honestly say have spent three plus years on a game and are still happily invested on working on it and only it? The number is smaller than you think.

RE:Infinity

Nov 5, 2020
Churning out shit just because its funded is a dumb idea. People want more of things they love, hence they get pissed at long waits for updates or delays to them... but ask anyone if that is better than just phoning it in for easy money and most would say yes. The MILFY CITY guy said he'd had enough of that game and wanted to start a new project like he had done over and over and OVER again before that one particular game blew up and they ate him alive for saying it - who cares if it would make him loath his own project or make shit updates or his history of churning out and completing games relatively fast, his funding says hes to be a slave to it eh? great idea bro. As for this as ive said before its been YEARS of minimal updates - aint no one got a footing to stand on bitching about updates for a game with years of history to see its been like this but sure we can all magically expect things to change in the face of this history regardless of a second project or not.

How many devs can we honestly say have spent three plus years on a game and are still happily invested on working on it and only it? The number is smaller than you think.
I strongly agree with you and let's not forget COVID-19. Yeah, it wouldn't affect him much, because he is working from home, but it's still a lifestyle changer, and he is not alone, he has a team, which is more difficult. Anyways, we are reaching the time of the update, so actions will speak louder than words.

riserser

May 15, 2018
So he admitted that he is indeed getting bored of it and also admitted he is being unproductive. Gotta give him a lot of credit for finally being honest not even joking
No, no, no, don't go joking around :p He never admitted anything, even less being "unproductive" (He's always claiming to be hardworking on it :p). From what I understand, what he said/mean was "If you don't let me work on my new project, I WILL become bored and unproductive" -> Meaning that until now, he wasn't :p I could be wrong, but I understood it like that anyway ^^

Well, yes & no. You can't really make someone "forcefully create content", since it will most likely end up in a different state that it was supposed to be and most likely be bad, and there's already enough "works" with rushed ends and bad ends as it is ^^
But in this case, he's claiming to be hard at work with a team of now something like 5 people and produce next to nothing compared to the time it takes, and like I always say, using poor excuse : I don't know for the rest, but the technical portion with renp'y, meaning coding & bug, are nonexistant in his work, since he's doing the "simpliest" you can do with renp'y. So, in the case of Waifu Academy, the dev is not someone that I would support since in my view, he's lying and isn't reliable.

I strongly agree with you and let's not forget COVID-19. Yeah, it wouldn't affect him much, because he is working from home, but it's still a lifestyle changer, and he is not alone, he has a team, which is more difficult. Anyways, we are reaching the time of the update, so actions will speak louder than words.
Wasn't the already deleyed update already deleyed again ? 9.0a was released more that one month ago, no?

BackwardsBird

Dec 8, 2020
Seeing as how it looks like the development of this game has gotten rather slow, can anyone recommend any similar substitutes that are either complete or at least updating more regularly?

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
in his last patreon post he talks about another game what game is that is he making more than one game?

Sep 13, 2020
in his last patreon post he talks about another game what game is that is he making more than one game?
It's a game called Waifu Hunter, I don't what it's about and I am not interested in it anyway but from the title you can probably imagine. I haven't followed the dev for long but it's a game he created after Waifu Academy but around 3 years ago. From my understanding he is working on two games to avoid getting "bored and unproductive".

riserser

May 15, 2018
Seeing as how it looks like the development of this game has gotten rather slow, can anyone recommend any similar substitutes that are either complete or at least updating more regularly?
Once in a lifetime was completed not long ago, and it's really good. There's an entertaining story and good h-scene, I loved it. (In my view, it's far better than the "quality" Irphaeus is proud of ^^)
There's also ripples/harem hotel/deviant anomalies that I find very good, but I think they each take a few month per update, through I think they produce enough content to make up ^^

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes