Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
"I was playing the update(without all the dialogue, they aren't ready), and i though it still need some improvement so I'm tweaking some render here and there and will probably add a couple of new animation. We still have temporary issue with the script so meanwhile i try to enhance what i can."

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I mean, i wast here until like 10 monts ago... But seems like the Dev was really working his ass off in the beginning. Updating every 3 months or so. Dont know how theres so many people on patreon supporting him
Zerdeca corrected me, it was a 11 months two weeks.
" It was like 11 months and two weeks. His Discord echo chamber finally said something about the delays and told him that a lot of people would be pissed off if he let a whole year pass between updates. That's also why this update got cut in two because he still wasn't finished but everybody was telling him he had to release it "

RE:Infinity

Nov 5, 2020
considering everything on the thread, i am gonna be honest and say that this type of release, where the creator releases the game in chunks as updates is pretty problematic.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
considering everything on the thread, i am gonna be honest and say that this type of release, where the creator releases the game in chunks as updates is pretty problematic.
Honestly, it's not that bad with the majority of most other content creators. Irph is like, the 1%

riserser

May 15, 2018
If I knew more about programming and making games like this, I would honestly just try to finish the game myself. Fuck copyright laws
It's your lucky day since there's almost no programming involved in Waifu Academy (Well, there's the "phone app"in-game, that, let's say it, isn't finished and no one use).
Check out the software, it's call Ren'py, to make a game like Waifu Academy, I would say that it requiert to learn 8 keyword:
- 2 to define "checkpoint" and "go" to it
- 2 to show an image and show a text
- 1 to show a menu for the choices
- 1 to make a video usable in Ren'py

Well, the "hard part" is to write a "good" story and being able to do something "good looking" with Honey Select, while knowing that we don't have the cards/blueprints for the characters, even through there are some "fan-made".

Sep 13, 2020
It's your lucky day since there's almost no programming involved in Waifu Academy (Well, there's the "phone app"in-game, that, let's say it, isn't finished and no one use).
Check out the software, it's call Ren'py, to make a game like Waifu Academy, I would say that it requiert to learn 8 keyword:
- 2 to define "checkpoint" and "go" to it
- 2 to show an image and show a text
- 1 to show a menu for the choices
- 1 to make a video usable in Ren'py

Well, the "hard part" is to write a "good" story and being able to do something "good looking" with Honey Select, while knowing that we don't have the cards/blueprints for the characters, even through there are some "fan-made".
Yup, the real challenge would be to create the characters and images, and I for one do suck in art. As for the plot, I can probably think of something.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Yup, the real challenge would be to create the characters and images, and I for one do suck in art. As for the plot, I can probably think of something.
Plot is hard. I write a lot on the side and let me tell you getting things to like up is no easy task. Doubly so if you have to think visually in terms of lining everything up with graphics as well and not just text.

Really though I've lost all hope for this project. But on the bright side I lost most of my interest once I realized that "good" equals a no harem route. So that was a saving throw I guess.

Feb 20, 2018
It's astonishing how a big mess this game created.
Although, the game was good at the beginning and promising (I'd say until when the MC babysit the neighbour's children, then I personnaly found the content to be off-track and less entertaining), the drama around its development is far more entertaining.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
All what saw in this discord disscussion is - only excuses
1 guy is med stud and (main codder) cant work on game coz he stud, SO MAYBE HIRE ANOTHER ONE?))))))))
I don't think the med student is a coder. The med student is the proofreader but you're still right about just getting somebody else to do it. The other day, somebody in the Discord said why not just have somebody else do it and the mods of the Discord said it's because Irphaeus doesn't trust anybody else to do it. Which is a really dumb excuse but apparently it has to be Vash (the med student) or the game will be ruined :rolleyes:

Sep 13, 2020
I don't think the med student is a coder. The med student is the proofreader but you're still right about just getting somebody else to do it. The other day, somebody in the Discord said why not just have somebody else do it and the mods of the Discord said it's because Irphaeus doesn't trust anybody else to do it. Which is a really dumb excuse but apparently it has to be Vash (the med student) or the game will be ruined :rolleyes:
I think it's because of the questionable content in the dialogues, Irphs may be too embarrassed to find someone else to proofread it

hanabusa1991

Dec 28, 2019
I think it's because of the questionable content in the dialogues, Irphs may be too embarrassed to find someone else to proofread it
You can't tell me he can't find a simple and easy solution like putting a temporary recruitment notice on he's discord to proofread a couple of update till he's med student is up for it again.

For free ofc cuz it doesn't seem like they getting paid much if they can't take a day off to skim through it.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes