zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
If the update barely has anything, can it even be called an update?
Game launch, load, immediate crash, new game for the 5th time, catch up for the 5th time, 20 minutes and one sex scene later "thank fur playang!"

Dev makes another $3k+ for another month of a job well done, next 'progress update' after 6 weeks is a single black box with a red line through it on MS paint. Part II coming soon!

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
A progress report is meant to update people on various completed tasks (i.e. what exactly they worked on/completed recently). It's a means to document your work. It doesn't mean 'throw a line onto some conveniently black boxes' as if that means 'work.' Look at some other devs for reference, such as MagicNuts. There's nothing logical there, just pure laziness which is wholly fitting at this point lol. Jesus man, do you pay this guy? I seriously cannot wait for this shit update to release so I can read the comments here.
"Jesus man, do you pay this guy?"

????

Vash sent that, it's not Irph himself, are you not able to read or do you read between the lines? I understand what a progress report is (and that's exactly what he did) but if you know what Vash does and clearly you don't, ill inform you. He helps write the dialogue and fixes grammar issues. He goes render by render. each black box represents a render, each red line through means it's done and the X means a stopping point. It should be blatantly obvious if you use critical thinking.

I don't get it, the fuck you want him to do? show the renders with the red line through it to show progress? It'd be spoilers, of course he's going to black out the render. Is that too hard for you to understand? Explain to me how he can show the 'work' without spoiling it?

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
"Jesus man, do you pay this guy?"

????

Vash sent that, it's not Irph himself, are you not able to read or do you read between the lines? I understand what a progress report is (and that's exactly what he did) but if you know what Vash does and clearly you don't, ill inform you. He helps write the dialogue and fixes grammar issues. He goes render by render. each black box represents a render, each red line through means it's done.

I don't get it, the fuck you want him to do? show the renders with the red line through it to show progress? It'd be spoilers, of course he's going to black out the render. Is that too hard for you to understand? Explain to me how he can show the 'work' without spoiling it?
Yes, do you give this guy money for such low level work? Shouldn't matter if it's Vash or not, you'd be funding both would you not? It's not a progress report. I know what he does, still not a progress report lol. Summing up the amount of work in actual words does not have to be a spoiler. Numbers like word count, dialogue fixes, script corrections/additions, etc etc.. basic shit for someone in that position posting a progress report. It'd a good indicator for how much paying subs should expect beforehand, especially since Irphaeus is so full of shit all the time.

Actually this is probably why that bizarre method is used now that I think about it, hiding the lack of content and work beforehand is his bread and butter for maintaining income. As well as car crashes and outages.

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
Yes, do you give this guy money for such low level work? Shouldn't matter if it's Vash or not, you'd be funding both would you not? It's not a progress report. I know what he does, still not a progress report lol. Summing up the amount of work in actual words does not have to be a spoiler. Numbers like word count, dialogue fixes, script corrections/additions, etc etc.. basic shit for someone in that position posting a progress report. It'd a good indicator for how much paying subs should expect beforehand, especially since Irphaeus is so full of shit all the time.

Actually this is probably why that bizarre method is used now that I think about it, hiding the lack of content and work beforehand is his bread and butter for maintaining income. As well as car crashes and outages.
It isn't something that needs to be summed up though. If it's not a progress report then what is it? It's clearly one, he doesn't need to say specifics and if someone cared, they can ask if they want. They don't because why the fuck does it matter? He shows where he is at in the scrpt. Corrections/addition, word count, are irrelevant. If someone wants the essay details then they can ask.

and I bet you think this is considered a "progress report" either.
"Overall we are 3/4 done, but for more details :
-Storyboard : 120%
-3D and animation rendering : 95% (had to remake things few, animation are still WIP)
-Dialogue : 70% (Vash progress is good)
-Scripting : 70%
-Sound/Music : 70%
-Proofreading/Beta testing : (takes couple of days) "

Oh no there's no exact word count, its not a real progress report :(!

Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
Quick summary of what he said on his discord channeln, while we are waiting

- We would have to wait around a year to go from 0.94 to 1.0. Which isn't too far from now...
-
The next update should be focused on Motoko, Kaori, Haruka and Helen. Helen, finally!
- Don't expect much from Makoto in Part II.
- 1.0.0 is tied to the InterSchool game and cosplay event. Characters like Inori and Minami, who won't participate in the sport events, will be featured in this event.
- Honeybee is postponed to Part II, as he had to rework Tomoe's part. Putting it in this update would have required one month. What's one month when we have already been waiting for 7 or 8?
- The next update will feel short but don't be scared, 50% of the next update has been done so it shouldn't take long to get it. As a native french speaker, let me translate for you. He is saying Sheila and Haruka's scenes are already done so it should take roughly 8 months to get part II.
- Tomoe, Catherine, Inori, Elizabeth, Sheila will be featured in this update. Sheila :rolleyes:
-
Minami will be back in October/November. Minami :rolleyes:

Quadclops

Jan 5, 2019

- We would have to wait around a year to go from 0.94 to 1.0. Which isn't too far from now...
-
The next update should be focused on Motoko, Kaori, Haruka and Helen. Helen, finally!
- 1.0.0 is tied to the InterSchool game and cosplay event. Characters like Inori and Minami, who won't participate in the sport events, will be featured in this event.
- Honeybee is postponed to Part II, as he had to rework Tomoe's part. Putting it in this update would have required one month. What's one month when we have already been waiting for 7 or 8?
- The next update will feel short but don't be scared, 50% of the next update has been done so it shouldn't take long to get it. As a native french speaker, let me translate for you. He is saying Sheila and Haruka's scenes are already done so it should take roughly 8 months to get part II.
- Tomoe, Catherine, Inori, Elizabeth, Sheila will be featured in this update. Sheila :rolleyes:
-
There was a changelog posted too, this update is "300+ 3D Renders." 300! LOL

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020

-
-
Well two things from that: something for Kaori! finally! (after this update I know)...and I like nerdy girls so Minami yay! But I'll probably be long dead before I see either.

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
It isn't something that needs to be summed up though. If it's not a progress report then what is it? It's clearly one, he doesn't need to say specifics and if someone cared, they can ask if they want. They don't because why the fuck does it matter? He shows where he is at in the scrpt. Corrections/addition, word count, are irrelevant. If someone wants the essay details then they can ask.

and I bet you think this is considered a "progress report" either.
"Overall we are 3/4 done, but for more details :
-Storyboard : 120%
-3D and animation rendering : 95% (had to remake things few, animation are still WIP)
-Dialogue : 70% (Vash progress is good)
-Scripting : 70%
-Sound/Music : 70%
-Proofreading/Beta testing : (takes couple of days) "

Oh no there's no exact word count, its not a real progress report :(!
Yes it is, and I gave you reasoning why it should be summed up.

I do consider that a progress report. I don't consider a red line through some black squares a report dude, it's just not one at all lol

Keep funding this guy for 20 mins of gameplay man. I'm here for the inevitable complaints for the scam that it is. Cue power outage.

d_generate

Apr 23, 2020
Just now checking this thread since last year 0.9.4 part 1. I’m reading there’s another update? I think part II was (supposed to be?) released late last yr. Is this new update game completion/ final update?

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
An update is still an update, generally I value transparency more when it comes to game development. Quantity isn't as important as knowing why an update gets delayed or having sufficient information about how well and far the development is going, and to ensure quality an update release could always be postponed. As long as an update will come I don't take much issue with how long it takes, there are other means of passing time. Though granted it also depends on whether you pay and for what reason. Those who don't really care how long updates take but simply want to support devs will do so, but those who simply want the product don't have to until it is available. Again, generally speaking, not specific to this game.

zeroidk

Jan 2, 2020
Didn't he say the same thing about the last update about feeling short, but it gets better next time ? Can someone confirm ?
From what I remember, the previous update was cut in half and the second half was promised in winter. This update is the follow on (now ~4 months late?), which is now a half-update of a part II delayed half-update as it was lol

Basically this dev has long fallen off the deep end, no longer wants to work on this stuff and has turned to scamming his subscribers to maintain funding.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes