VN Ren'Py Waifu Crossing [Demo v2] [Toto]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
So it was just a demo, no continuation?
From my assumption, there will be a continuation, but it is being put as 'low priority', where they would work on it occasionally, between commissions, instead of doing it full time. You can see that from time to time there are posts on twitter that confirm the project is still alive and worked on, but slowly.
There may also be some problems in the team, that we weren't told about (for example, the programmer not being available due to some personal issues)

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Here's my short review for the demo:

PROS
+ Excellent, smooth animation in the h-scenes
+ Straight male on female furry. Surprisingly rare on this website. Most of what you see here is gay furry stuff which isn't my thing.
+ Does not waste time getting to the interesting stuff. I'm no stranger to text-heavy games, but every now and then it's nice to have a VN that gives you exactly what you want in just a couple minutes.

CONS
- No anal sex or hot-dogging. There is so much ass worship leading up to the naughty scenes that it's kind of disappointing that all you get is vaginal. The whole point of designing a thicc character is to do some lewd butt stuff with them. I'm hoping the full game has plenty of that.
Funny enough, Rover is probably the only animal crossing character which i don't mind in a human male on furry male scenario, but i have to disagree, male furry/monster/xeno on human female is the common thing, unless it's bara, which... gay sex is the whole point of bara.
I do agree on the other points though, specially on the VN one, there needs to be a healthy balance, if sex is something too common, then might as well read doujinshi online or watch vids, if the Novel part is too predominant, then might as well watch a show or read an actual novel.

On the cons, well, you kind of had to do a bit of research into his other works, despite the thicc charactes and the ass worshipping the scene could leadup not only to vaginal, but oral or even ended with just a footjob.

4rn4ld0

Jul 6, 2019
Sounds interesting, may give a try someday. How 'demo' is the demo? Is like one sex scene or something more gamey?

RuberFF

Sep 27, 2018
Sounds interesting, may give a try someday. How 'demo' is the demo? Is like one sex scene or something more gamey?
There are 2 or 3 hentai scenes if I remember correctly. A blowjob scene and a pussy fuck one, maybe even a handjob but I don't remember

Reactions: lilo0987654321

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
when i try to unzip this game, it says that it cannot unzip a specific file and it wont work. i had a similar problem with wolf girl with you. im using winzip, is it something im doing or is it bad data?

Edit: says this when i try to play.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\WaifuCrossingaRoverDemo-1.0-win\WaifuCrossingaRoverDemo-1.0-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\WaifuCrossingaRoverDemo-1.0-win\WaifuCrossingaRoverDemo-1.0-win\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "E:\WaifuCrossingaRoverDemo-1.0-win\WaifuCrossingaRoverDemo-1.0-win\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri May 28 23:17:23 2021

Last edited:

beanlord

Sep 23, 2017
^try a different program to unzip ive had that problem in the past with random renpy games but i just delete and unzip again into a different folder and its fixed for me before. kinda random.

also this is not an update really but i was curious about this game and looked through toto's twitter and found other dev's twitters that worked on this and semi-recently after getting questions about this game from others i read that they are still working on it but since it is a team of people and they are all still continuously doing their own projects for their individual patreons or community's, they are still very much working on the game but they don't want to give any dates or timeframes to build up extra pressure on them all or give peoples hopes up so i have faith in this game even if it takes a long ass time to get the 0.2 and if any devs are lurking this, good work uwu <3

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
The works of this dude are rather short, even the completed ones, so i don't expect for him to have the capacity to release updates and implement characters regularly

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes