3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Bob Bones

May 14, 2017
Trying 0.79 - any interaction with Astoria throws an error. If I 'Ignore' repeatedly, I can continue, but I've yet to see an Astoria specific image or conversation.

firefly66

Jan 26, 2019
I just started playing this game. I went to Hogsmeade on the first Saturday, and checked out the ad for a job. After I went into the shop, the shop keeper said I wasn't qualified yet, I said okay. Then it immediately took back to entering the shop with two choices: try to test for the job again or try to leave. And it just loops from there there indefinitely, with no way to exit the shop. Help!

Bob Bones

May 14, 2017
I just started playing this game. I went to Hogsmeade on the first Saturday, and checked out the ad for a job. After I went into the shop, the shop keeper said I wasn't qualified yet, I said okay. Then it immediately took back to entering the shop with two choices: try to test for the job again or try to leave. And it just loops from there there indefinitely, with no way to exit the shop. Help!
I found that if I just tested for the job until nightfall the game tossed me back to the dorms, breaking the cycle.

Reactions: firefly66

Pjalle

Dec 27, 2018
So.. suddenly the header disappeared... so I can't check character or anything like that.. anyone experienced the same? save/load don't work to restore it. Sucks to have to go back a week in saves and do all that work over again and might even end up in the same trap... =/

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
So.. suddenly the header disappeared... so I can't check character or anything like that.. anyone experienced the same? save/load don't work to restore it. Sucks to have to go back a week in saves and do all that work over again and might even end up in the same trap... =/
I've had events that do that but I continue on playing and it always comes back later that day.

Reactions: Pjalle

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Yes, I've had that. But I clicked on the one location that was currently available to me, carried on with the game, and the header came back.

On another topic, I've discovered that it's a mistake at the start of the game to click on the "Skip introduction" option to save time. It takes you to your first day at Hogwarts, meaning that you don't get the chance to take out a loan and buy some better kit. I suspect that having a better owl or wand wouldn't make too much difference, but having a better robe would enable one to make quicker progress. As it was December 20th arrived all too soon.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I go with everything better except the owl. I haven't found much use for the owl yet, so a better one doesn't do it for me.

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
I'm at Tuesday Sept. 28. But I'm running the compressed version, and according to earlier comments that's missing a critical Astoria image; looks like I need to download the uncompressed one.
Don't use the unofficial compressed version, if only you absolutely need it.

Reactions: Rolo

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
It will reappear at the next morning. Also, are you playing official version? If yes, can you send a savefile with this problem to me?

firefly66

Jan 26, 2019
On Quest 33, Potions route. I've searched the library, but now I can only get the standard conversation with Tonks. Both Potions and DADA are over 20, and I've got best friends with Tonks. Any ideas what I'm missing?

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
Are you locked out of Tonks content (or any other content) if you don't complete quest 33? I don't want to give my female MC a dick.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes