deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
I have very strong opinions on this since I've been doing both AI and traditionally rendered graphics for years now so here's my take: AI *can* be easier, but if it's any good, it isn't automated. I provide a 90% automated version of Athena's Revenge to patrons as a "preview". It's probably 80% garbage. If I wanted to make it good, I'd have to put a lot more work into the prompts and generate dozens of images until I find just the right seed that produces acceptable results. Sometimes you can take hours to get the results you want if you ever get it. This is version I throw out there for those interested in giving feedback for the writing/story ahead of the the real game graphics that take much longer to produce.

If you see an AI game that looks good, that developer put work into it. Probably not as much work as traditional rendering in net, but creativity and thought went into production.

For me, I've been using a hybrid approach for years. It has allowed me to be more productive and as a result Warlord is my third game in 3 years of productive (with a 4th already started). Just as an example of the "hybrid" approach, take the following image from Tragedy of Medusa:

View attachment 2792560

Looks pretty traditional, right? But the sky texture is AI generated. There are plenty of ways to do a sky texture and many are free, but I love the way this turned out. Further, let's say the scene requires lightning. I can in-paint one in (took some effort to get right):
View attachment 2792570
Doing lightning from scratch is a pain in the ass in blender.

In Warlord I use AI all over the place... the most obvious is the "in-between" images that are entirely AI. But I also use AI to do the 3D motion effect on most of the images and do to effects like fire (which there will be more of in chapter 14). Hell, this very chapter (chapter 13) has effects using AI that I promise you've never seen in a VN before (the MC fight animation in the outpost). Using AI in Warlord has allowed me to make consistent monthly releases while working on two games at once and still maintaining good quality (IMHO).

I think saying "no" to AI just because it's AI is a mistake and will close you off to some really good games in the future.

Sorry for the rant, but there's a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation out there.
Just to illustrate what I mean by purely automated AI art is mostly garbage, here's an example of a shot from Athena's Revenge and the 100% fully-automatic AI approximation of it, note almost no work went into the AI generated one. Again, it's completely automated:

ch1_hell_15_0001.png ch1_hell_15_0001.png

As you can see there's a number of issues with the AI generated one from the character consistency (I use my own custom lora trained on my own work to help) from the hands to the size of the characters... it's basically garbage. Could I fix it? Maybe. But it would take much more work and just might be easier sometimes to render it out traditionally.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I have very strong opinions on this since I've been doing both AI and traditionally rendered graphics for years now so here's my take: AI *can* be easier, but if it's any good, it isn't automated. I provide a 90% automated version of Athena's Revenge to patrons as a "preview". It's probably 80% garbage. If I wanted to make it good, I'd have to put a lot more work into the prompts and generate dozens of images until I find just the right seed that produces acceptable results. Sometimes you can take hours to get the results you want if you ever get it. This is version I throw out there for those interested in giving feedback for the writing/story ahead of the the real game graphics that take much longer to produce.

If you see an AI game that looks good, that developer put work into it. Probably not as much work as traditional rendering in net, but creativity and thought went into production.

For me, I've been using a hybrid approach for years. It has allowed me to be more productive and as a result Warlord is my third game in 3 years of productive (with a 4th already started). Just as an example of the "hybrid" approach, take the following image from Tragedy of Medusa:

View attachment 2792560

Looks pretty traditional, right? But the sky texture is AI generated. There are plenty of ways to do a sky texture and many are free, but I love the way this turned out. Further, let's say the scene requires lightning. I can in-paint one in (took some effort to get right):
View attachment 2792570
Doing lightning from scratch is a pain in the ass in blender.

In Warlord I use AI all over the place... the most obvious is the "in-between" images that are entirely AI. But I also use AI to do the 3D motion effect on most of the images and do to effects like fire (which there will be more of in chapter 14). Hell, this very chapter (chapter 13) has effects using AI that I promise you've never seen in a VN before (the MC fight animation in the outpost). Using AI in Warlord has allowed me to make consistent monthly releases while working on two games at once and still maintaining good quality (IMHO).

I think saying "no" to AI just because it's AI is a mistake and will close you off to some really good games in the future.

Sorry for the rant, but there's a lot of misunderstanding and misinformation out there.
There will always be people scared of new technology, just like there will always be new tech.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Yes - Windows. Oddly, I redownloaded, checked with multiple AV/AR programs, came back clean.

The one thing that I'm wondering about is that I ran the console enabler (acquired here on f95) before I tried opening the exe the first time, when I received the warning/quarantine.

When I redownloaded, from the same source, I scanned as a zip, then the extracted files, then the extracted files post-console enabler - showed as clean.

I'm kind of mystified.
Just the usual false positive.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapter_13.rpy", line 706, in script
jump chapter_14
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter_14'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump chapter_14
File "C:\Users\jimay\Desktop\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1992, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\jimay\Desktop\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23030501+nightly
warlord 0.13.1
Sun Jul 23 05:33:30 2023

Reactions: ImariKurumi

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022

While running game code:
jump chapter_14

Full traceback:
jump chapter_14
File "C:\Users\jimay\Desktop\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1992, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\jimay\Desktop\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

warlord 0.13.1
Sun Jul 23 05:33:30 2023
End of the chapter. U gotta wait for the next update.

grumble314

Nov 23, 2021
get
Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 471, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3468, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4398, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1401, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1136, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 368, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 375, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 471, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 787, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1080, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 891, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "G:\AVN\warlord-0.13.1-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 809, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

warlord 0.13.1
Sun Jul 23 16:25:59 2023

when trying to load any saves

Edymaster15

Oct 2, 2017
The screenshots themselves make me not want to download this. I mean if the dick of the MC is slightly bigger than female's hand, okay. But bigger than the female's head? No thanks.

This needs "bestiality" tag, as the MC is half man half horse.

Pass

The Pointman

Feb 16, 2023
The screenshots themselves make me not want to download this. I mean if the dick of the MC is slightly bigger than female's hand, okay. But bigger than the female's head? No thanks.

This needs "bestiality" tag, as the MC is half man half horse.

Pass
Well he does have a demon inside of him. lol

Reactions: Edymaster15

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
A bit early, but here's chapter 14. IMO it's the best release of warlord yet. Hope you enjoy as well.

This is the free public version. The ELITE version has a special Alex+Cass variation to the threesome in this chapter as well as other extra things in earlier chapters.

Features:
  • Chapter 14 (HUGE 1600+ lines)
  • 25+ animations
  • Add side image for Hippolyta (applies to chapter 13 as well)
  • Add rain sound effect for chapter 10 bad end scene.
  • Additional Eisheth dialog in chapter 13
  • Re-rendered some chapter 13 and chapter 14 animations to fix vertex anomalies and improve water effects
  • Rebalanced chapter 11 options with Cassandra
  • New improved soldier fight animations for chapter 3

Last edited:

Maobjorn

Oct 8, 2022
A bit early, but here's chapter 14. IMO it's the best release of warlord yet. Hope you enjoy as well.

This is the free public version. The ELITE version has a special Alex+Cass variation to the threesome in this chapter as well as other extra things in earlier chapters.

Mega

Features:
  • Chapter 14 (HUGE 1600+ lines)
  • 25+ animations
  • Add side image for Hippolyta (applies to chapter 13 as well)
  • Add rain sound effect for chapter 10 bad end scene.
  • Additional Eisheth dialog in chapter 13
  • Re-rendered some chapter 13 and chapter 14 animations to fix vertex anomalies and improve water effects
  • Rebalanced chapter 11 options with Cassandra
  • New improved soldier fight animations for chapter 3
That's a lot of animation,compared to the renders in the pervious chapters

Reactions: deepglugs

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Warlord [v0.14.4] [deepglugs]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -