Toon1966

Mar 17, 2023
I hear you, but based on the numbers available I don't think he's making any money anyway. It's not like MILFY City where thousands of people were still paying and received nothing; Mink only has like 130 Patrons.
Anyone still paying their monthly Patreon membership must be crazy. It's very easy to cancel.

Reactions: despaireducer

marcelringer

May 20, 2020
It's such a shame! I hate it when games aren't developed further and aren't marked as canceled here and I don't pay attention to it myself. Just when things get interesting, the game ends. Such developers should be banned. Only waste of time

asplly97

Retired
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
As an retired devloper, I can understand sometimes devs gets burned out doing the same process of creating updates months after months. And just not any developer, its true for any profession. But what I don't like is keeping silent and still being present online and watching.
If you want to abandon the project , sure people will understand just come out say. I am leaving. Done and dusted.
If you need a break, just say, project will be on hold for a period due to personal matter or whatever. But being silent means you are breaking the goodwill of people who supported your project (not talking about freeloaders) in early stages.

And even if the dev revives the project at some point in future, the black stain of abandonment like situation is always going to stay forever.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And even if the dev revives the project at some point in future, the black stain of abandonment like situation is always going to stay forever.
Someone's reputation is a terrible thing to waste. There are several on F95 who have forfeited theirs, and are roundly roasted if they try to bring out a new game.

There a few developers whose games I will never touch no matter how good they look or how well they are reviewed, because I have no trust in their completing those new games.

This developer hasn't gotten that far with me, but he has achieved a place on my list of 'developers I once thought I might support financially, but no longer will under any circumstances'.

Swooosh

Oct 22, 2021
I hear you, but based on the numbers available I don't think he's making any money anyway. It's not like MILFY City where thousands of people were still paying and received nothing; Mink only has like 130 Patrons.
130? I can see 541 in his patreon rn.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
126 paying customers. The rest are leechers.

View attachment 3026175

I don't like it when people refer to people who subscribe and only pay for a single month to get a release as leechers. They are still paying customers, and it also does a disservice to nearly everybody who frequents this forum as well. If they are leechers, what does that make us who fly the Jolly Roger and have a parrot, eye patch, hook for a hand, peg leg... the whole deal. Most of the time, it is one of these folks who upload the games we enjoy in the first place.

SideshowBobNo.2

Aug 20, 2022
Just when things get interesting, the game ends. Such developers should be banned. Only waste of time
Maybe he did not know how to proceed with the story or lost interest.
I wrote a few stories myself and when the story got to the interesting part and the first extramarital intercourse happened my enthusiasm was gone and I completed the story lukewarm or aborted it.

The game ended with the wife cheating, it was the climax of the game so far and maybe the developer lost interest afterwards.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Maybe he did not know how to proceed with the story or lost interest.
I wrote a few stories myself and when the story got to the interesting part and the first extramarital intercourse happened my enthusiasm was gone and I completed the story lukewarm or aborted it.

The game ended with the wife cheating, it was the climax of the game so far and maybe the developer lost interest afterwards.
I think this is one of the common denominators for anticipating when a game will fail. Time and again we see games collapse just as things are about to get good. Heck, I did some editing/proofreading for a game that suffered the same fate. Just as the action was about to pick up the dev went radio silent. While I've spoken to them and they insist they will complete the game, and I trust that they don't have nefarious intentions, the timing can't be denied. So there's something about "slow burn" games that make them prone to collapse at the inflection point. When the game transitions from establishing the tension to paying off that tension, devs seem to drop like flies.

So I think there's a weakness in the genre itself. Games like this craft stories that become inflexible, and too focused on the inflection point where the MC finally has sex, at the expense of the completed story. We spend months, if not years, building up to something that should be the launching off point. This launching point/inflection point should be when we get the most fun, but instead it almost seems to be letdown. You can almost feel the whole thing becoming a burden, as trivial baby steps have to be completed because the story has become too inflexible. We never get to enjoy the wife's infidelity because it's taken too long to get to that point.

Adult games are awash in mindless fuck fests, and I applaud games like WMW that try to be more. But these slow burns seem to forget one really important detail, these games are supposed to be fun. Their stories become too self serious, too humorless. I think we forget that most players spend the majority of their time with their hands down their pants; we need devs to loosen up a little. A good slow burn can still have sex early and often, we don't need to wait years to get to that point.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I don't like it when people refer to people who subscribe and only pay for a single month to get a release as leechers. They are still paying customers, and it also does a disservice to nearly everybody who frequents this forum as well. If they are leechers, what does that make us who fly the Jolly Roger and have a parrot, eye patch, hook for a hand, peg leg... the whole deal. Most of the time, it is one of these folks who upload the games we enjoy in the first place.
They aren't lechers, they are just free followers.

Patreon changed its system a month ago, every Patreon account is inflated now, it counts free followers now, that's why some that only had 50, now has 1,000 and some that had for instance a 1,000 now have like 20,000 and so on.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Piracy is a term used for stealing completed products. In adult gaming, devs present their work to the public asking for support to continue. Without this site all those devs would have been completely unknown and their financial success minimal. Please don't underestimate that.

Yayox

May 17, 2021
Thanks for the support - some like and some don't. There is an option to avoid the dark side and engage in a more sharing relationship too :p.
How are you? I know that I am just a fan of yours and your work, but I would like to see version 0.7.0 of Watching My Wife released, to date it is my favorite game of the genre. It has iconic characters, a story that led me to explore my fantasy and have incredible times. You inspired me, it's because of you that I study video game programming, I was going through depression when my friend died and your game got me out of it. Thank you! I don't know if you are going through a difficult situation. But we want you to know that your entire community supports you. I was looking to see if you had Discord to share this feeling with you. It would be great to see you finish this project, so characteristic that to date I have not seen anything like it.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes