GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
is Netorare avoidable?
If you're asking this question in this thread, I think you're in the wrong place. If you're the type to be concerned about NTR to the point that you ask if it's avoidable, I don't think this game is for you. It's spelled out pretty clearly that this is a game that is designed to make you uncomfortable.

SombraLova

Aug 30, 2018
If you're asking this question in this thread, I think you're in the wrong place. If you're the type to be concerned about NTR to the point that you ask if it's avoidable, I don't think this game is for you. It's spelled out pretty clearly that this is a game that is designed to make you uncomfortable.
so is it avoidable?

R-No

Jul 20, 2021
Hey Minky, Just stopped by to say that your work is spectacular in quality and keep up the good work (I read about people coming in to complain earlier so here's my honest encouragement)!

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Hey Minky, Just stopped by to say that your work is spectacular in quality and keep up the good work (I read about people coming in to complain earlier so here's my honest encouragement)!
Thank you so much for taking your time to say this. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you enjoy the second part of of 4.1 - won't be long to wait.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Blimey - you are persistent. There is an element of the game that is not related to NTR or cheating. This is based in a consensual sharing dynamic. You can play that route if you wish to avoid the dark side.
Trish/wifey and the darkside are made for each other

Reactions: azel1

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Blimey - you are persistent. There is an element of the game that is not related to NTR or cheating. This is based in a consensual sharing dynamic. You can play that route if you wish to avoid the dark side.
I wouldn't exactly call the sharing route "fun and light" though. That's the route I'm on and it still feels very tenuous for the MC. It feels like the MC is swimming against the current on the sharing route, the forces of the game want to humiliate him and break his wife, and he's swimming against that. To me, the game has always felt like it wants the player to choose to embrace the NTR content. So if someone is looking to avoid that, while it's technically true, there are a lot of other games out there that will be more comfortable to play. You play WMW because you want to be uncomfortable. So asking if you can avoid those feelings defeats the point of the game.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I wouldn't exactly call the sharing route "fun and light" though. That's the route I'm on and it still feels very tenuous for the MC. It feels like the MC is swimming against the current on the sharing route, the forces of the game want to humiliate him and break his wife, and he's swimming against that. To me, the game has always felt like it wants the player to choose to embrace the NTR content. So if someone is looking to avoid that, while it's technically true, there are a lot of other games out there that will be more comfortable to play. You play WMW because you want to be uncomfortable. So asking if you can avoid those feelings defeats the point of the game.
True - and I'm aware of this problem. I actually would rather this balancing issue wasn't there - it just developed that way once I'd started writing the game. I intend to make changes to this path, to make it fit more logically with the lifestyle, so watch this space.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Back

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
True - and I'm aware of this problem. I actually would rather this balancing issue wasn't there - it just developed that way once I'd started writing the game. I intend to make changes to this path, to make it fit more logically with the lifestyle, so watch this space.
I would sooner watch Wifey and Tris :)

Reactions: azel1

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm not actually sure that's necessary. The game is tough on the MC, but that's kinda the kink. I would lean into it, don't be like every other game and have a crowd-pleasing generic story where the MC lives the dream. Your game is pretty original right now, and even though I play it with one hand over my eyes, I think you should keep that element of risk.

Handeuce

Mar 27, 2019
I never post on message boards, but since you're a frequent figure in this thread I wanted to share how much I've enjoyed the game thus far. Your ability to capture the mundane aspects of a long-term relationship and make it feel very real is what hooked me early on. Love the main female character and mostly interested in the sharing route. I look forward to the discussions that lead to them exploring together. Haven't played any of Ch. 4 yet, but looking forward to it. Your hard work and creativity is appreciated. Keep up the great work.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I never post on message boards, but since you're a frequent figure in this thread I wanted to share how much I've enjoyed the game thus far. Your ability to capture the mundane aspects of a long-term relationship and make it feel very real is what hooked me early on. Love the main female character and mostly interested in the sharing route. I look forward to the discussions that lead to them exploring together. Haven't played any of Ch. 4 yet, but looking forward to it. Your hard work and creativity is appreciated. Keep up the great work.
Thanks for taking the time to post this - who ever thought a story about mundanity might work :). When I first went about writing this game I made a conscious decision to make it as real as possible - perhaps it might get too real soon!

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Certainly don't intend a rewrite - but there are perhaps some areas which jolt too much from the perspective of that path. It'd take a little tweaking / alternative text - that sort of thing.

latex lvr

May 3, 2019
When I first went about writing this game I made a conscious decision to make it as real as possible - perhaps it might get too real soon!
For me that is what makes it a great game. Really looking forward to future updates, hope don't have to wait too long for the shit to get real.
Just out of curiosity how long do you think this game will be to the end game and do you have plans for a future game? I for one certainly hope so.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes