Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
How does it make sense for the wife to be somewhat of a prude (refusing to blow her husband, only have sex in missionary, etc.) and even completely shy at any sexual advances (like at the pool with her bestie) but then show this backstory of hers in the new update being a complete slut in high school having sex with her teacher and blowing 3 dudes in an alley? Seems like dumb retcon of the character and seriously jarring. Honestly really turned me off with the shoddy storytelling, and it felt completely unnecessary as well.
The backstory is there to establish her past which she has submerged and suppressed. It will re-emerge when the paths kick in - which to my mind will explain a change of character from being reserved to significantly less so. I don't mind if you see elements of the story as unnecessary - we all want different things from a story - I'm just writing a tale that I want to tell. Not sure terminology such as 'dumb' and 'shoddy' is really helpful - if you like the game and want to post suggestions though I'm happy to listen.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
The backstory is there to establish her past which she has submerged and suppressed. It will re-emerge when the paths kick in - which to my mind will explain a change of character from being reserved to significantly less so. I don't mind if you see elements of the story as unnecessary - we all want different things from a story - I'm just writing a tale that I want to tell. Not sure terminology such as 'dumb' and 'shoddy' is really helpful - if you like the game and want to post suggestions though I'm happy to listen.
I tend to agree that a lot of criticism on this site can be of the unhelpful variety. I personally don't think that the wife's aversion to giving oral sex isn't necessarily mutually exclusive from her having given three consecutive ones in the past. In fact, it may be a contributing factor. When we are teens we are given to doing things under the pressure of our peers we normally wouldn't, and what may be enjoyable in the moment may be a source of shame upon reflection. So I don't think that it is bad storytelling.

When giving thoughtful storytelling critiques it is useful to decide upon a critical lens to look at the story through that is discrete from your personal inclination. The surface level is "it didn't work for me" while the critical analysis is "It didn't work and this storytelling strategy might fix it." I think that the objections raised, while valid, could be entertained with extrapolation and corrected with very few lines of dialogue.

If I may quote from Mambrol "The concept of trauma, itself a source of critique, is generally understood as a severely disruptive experience that profoundly impacts the self’s emotional organization and perception of the external world." In other words, trauma can be anything that prevents us from reconciling what has happened to us with our identity or sense of self. So when we are young even a consensual sexual encounter can be a source of trauma if the individual in question can't square their actions with their self-image. We don't have to navel-gaze too much to understand that performing an action will have a tendency to make us recall previous iterations of ourselves where we performed that action. It is clear that there are things in her past, perhaps beyond what we have seen, that she would rather forget.

So this story seems to be one of a woman who has overcorrected in perhaps an unhealthy way due to some degree of trauma in her past. The story going forward could be her efforts to move past her hang-ups or it could be one of her falling inter previous unhealthy patterns in an effort to reclaim an identity that was taken from her in some way. Either way, it is an interesting wrinkle to the story and cannot be characterized as bad storytelling. At least from where I am standing.

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
Yes - I feel that it's not going to end well for hubby :). For the Cheat /Cuck paths, bear in mind it is necessary that your Respect score drops. The Love score however can be whatever playstyle you're wanting to play. So she can love you, but needs to feels a lack of respect. I'd argue that many a wife will cheat even when she loves her husband (if she feels that she won't get caught) - but will rarely do it if she highly rates / respects him as a man.
Hi there, does this mean that low respect score will be necessary on those two paths to see the most content?

Enjoyed the update!

akuma35

Dec 26, 2020
I've played through the game a couple times now with the walkthrough mod, took every -love and -respect option but still this woman doesnt cheat on my guy. Don't understand what y'all doing to make her cheat on you lol

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I tend to agree that a lot of criticism on this site can be of the unhelpful variety. I personally don't think that the wife's aversion to giving oral sex isn't necessarily mutually exclusive from her having given three consecutive ones in the past. In fact, it may be a contributing factor. When we are teens we are given to doing things under the pressure of our peers we normally wouldn't, and what may be enjoyable in the moment may be a source of shame upon reflection. So I don't think that it is bad storytelling.

When giving thoughtful storytelling critiques it is useful to decide upon a critical lens to look at the story through that is discrete from your personal inclination. The surface level is "it didn't work for me" while the critical analysis is "It didn't work and this storytelling strategy might fix it." I think that the objections raised, while valid, could be entertained with extrapolation and corrected with very few lines of dialogue.

If I may quote from Mambrol "The concept of trauma, itself a source of critique, is generally understood as a severely disruptive experience that profoundly impacts the self’s emotional organization and perception of the external world." In other words, trauma can be anything that prevents us from reconciling what has happened to us with our identity or sense of self. So when we are young even a consensual sexual encounter can be a source of trauma if the individual in question can't square their actions with their self-image. We don't have to navel-gaze too much to understand that performing an action will have a tendency to make us recall previous iterations of ourselves where we performed that action. It is clear that there are things in her past, perhaps beyond what we have seen, that she would rather forget.

So this story seems to be one of a woman who has overcorrected in perhaps an unhealthy way due to some degree of trauma in her past. The story going forward could be her efforts to move past her hang-ups or it could be one of her falling inter previous unhealthy patterns in an effort to reclaim an identity that was taken from her in some way. Either way, it is an interesting wrinkle to the story and cannot be characterized as bad storytelling. At least from where I am standing.
I think many peeps judge things (such as this game) from their own perspective and either approve or disapprove - and that's their prerogative. However, what I don't understand is the necessity to damn others based on their personal views. We all have preferences, in all things, and we can all add comments. But why do it in an insulting and derogatory fashion. Surely, the most basic way of expressing personal choice is to choose whether to play a game or not to play it. I don't mind if peeps don't play this game - in fact I don't know how many have rejected this game as being not for them. But it's not written for them, to convert them. It's for people like me - who think like me.

If peeps hate the game, or the premise of it, just don't play it. It deals with an emotive issue which some find difficult but I see no value in assaulting it. Being aggressive will have little reward. I won't change because of it, nor will it change those who like it - regardless of any vitriol poured on it. What genuinely beguiles me is those who fairly obviously don't like the game, and yet play it, and then feel the need to tell the board about it. A few likes are obtained from similarly minded people who also play a game which they will dislike - and then agree that they don't like it. It doesn't make sense to me, and tbh it seems like a waste of time too. Is it worth getting angry about? It won't change a thing, really, it won't. If you just don't like it - delete it and move on, and be secure in the knowledge that others agree with you and also don't play it. Why tell me? Perhaps we need to accept people's differences and accept that we might not agree with them.

What is different is if peeps are disappointed that it doesn't live up to their expectations - that they had hopes which weren't fulfilled. In which case, say so. However, it would seem more constructive to say 'I like the game - but I think this bit could be better - and this is how.' This game is my first - it will inevitably have technical and literary issues. So if there are bugs, tell me. If you feel that the writing / balance could be tweaked, tell me. If you feel let down - tell me. I will listen - but only if you're nice about it.

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Hi there, does this mean that low respect score will be necessary on those two paths to see the most content?

Enjoyed the update!
Yep - respect is key. Love is there so you can be as nice as you want to be. It's always nice to be loved...but she still might want something that you can't provide.

Last edited:

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I've played through the game a couple times now with the walkthrough mod, took every -love and -respect option but still this woman doesnt cheat on my guy. Don't understand what y'all doing to make her cheat on you lol
Fear not - it's slow burn. You haven't missed anything - in fact she's just coming around to the idea. However, your Respect score needs to be low - if you lose her respect she'll fuck around (as many wives do)...but still only when she's ready.

akuma35

Dec 26, 2020
Fear not - it's slow burn. You haven't missed anything - in fact she's just coming around to the idea. However, your Respect score needs to be low - if you lose her respect she'll fuck around (as many wives do)...but still only when she's ready.
So its most probably going to be in a future update that she'll be cheating on the MC and there are no renders for that to happen as of right now?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I think the femdom is going to be unavoidable at some point on the cuck path (at least i hope there is going to be femdom); i mean it's right there in the tags, "humiliation". So unless you're making the mod just for the sharing path, grab on tight to your dom pants are get ready for a ruff ride.
I can see both perspectives on it. She does kind of have an overly aggressive and somewhat exploitive position toward the husband, but her bitch best friend that accosted him at the bar seems more like the femdom type to me. Literally no matter what you do toward Debbie her friend decides to humiliate you in front of your wife about it. There is a possibility that Debbie shares those proclivities but doesn't want to let that freak flag fly in front of her basic bitch friends on the camping trip. I think that we can all agree that she seems to be a sweet girl, albeit a manipulative one. Her wanting to dominate her professor would be an... interesting choice that would fit in well on the cuck route.
The only person who knows for sure is Illegible Mink, but I don't think he is going to go very far if any with the femdom stuff with Debbie + MMC as it'd probably piss off his Patreon supporters for the Sharing Path. As I've stated before, right now Debbie is acting more like a typical 18 to young 20 something woman who has a thing for her teacher/professor. I could see IM introducing another woman or even offer the chance for a path with Debbie's bitch of a friend for a possible femdom route for the MMC.

As for the "humiliation" tag, that could also apply for the wife too or just for the Cuck Route for the MMC. Keep in mind while I was discussing things my wife and I have done when we went to private BDSM parties & clubs, I had gave IM some ideas he may introduce later in the game. I had mentioned about how my wife liked being publicly humiliated by being tied to a cross naked and either myself or a few choice friends would flog her in front of either our friends (private parties) or friends + strangers (private clubs). And after that convo, IM mentioned he definitely has some interest in incorporating some level of those ideas into the game as I also gave ideas on how to do it for all 3 Paths.

As for my Walkthrough Mod / Cheat Mod, it is Path Agnostic. It lets you know what the choices will do but you still have to decided do you want to go down this or that path, do you want to increase or decrease your Love/Respect Points with her, etc.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
it is still on the start at v04?
I cannot see any differences between paths...
seems to be a demo to me

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
it is still on the start at v04?
I cannot see any differences between paths...
seems to be a demo to me
There is similar material - it's the same people - but there are differences in dialogue throughout. The paths will become more clearly different very soon.

Reactions: Old Dog

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
The only person who knows for sure is Illegible Mink, but I don't think he is going to go very far if any with the femdom stuff with Debbie + MMC as it'd probably piss off his Patreon supporters for the Sharing Path. As I've stated before, right now Debbie is acting more like a typical 18 to young 20 something woman who has a thing for her teacher/professor. I could see IM introducing another woman or even offer the chance for a path with Debbie's bitch of a friend for a possible femdom route for the MMC.

As for the "humiliation" tag, that could also apply for the wife too or just for the Cuck Route for the MMC. Keep in mind while I was discussing things my wife and I have done when we went to private BDSM parties & clubs, I had gave IM some ideas he may introduce later in the game. I had mentioned about how my wife liked being publicly humiliated by being tied to a cross naked and either myself or a few choice friends would flog her in front of either our friends (private parties) or friends + strangers (private clubs). And after that convo, IM mentioned he definitely has some interest in incorporating some level of those ideas into the game as I also gave ideas on how to do it for all 3 Paths.
Yep - like the BDSM thing as long as it fits with the various paths and the story. The humiliation can be applied to all paths, and to both parties. In the Cuck route it would be mainly the MMC, I reckon - but not necessarily exclusively (depends on what the Bull wants to do to wifey). In the Cheat path, the humiliation to the MMC may be implied rather than necessarily seen, as much of that would occur behind closed doors. Share route could incorporate both MMC and/or MFC and depends on what they both want to do and to whom. Regarding Debs - who knows what'll happen to her? But I do see her playing some role and not just as a side distraction (as long as it again fits with the MFC/MMC interactions).

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Yep - like the BDSM thing as long as it fits with the various paths and the story. The humiliation can be applied to all paths, and to both parties. In the Cuck route it would be mainly the MMC, I reckon - but not necessarily exclusively (depends on what the Bull wants to do to wifey). In the Cheat path, the humiliation to the MMC may be implied rather than necessarily seen, as much of that would occur behind closed doors. Share route could incorporate both MMC and/or MFC and depends on what they both want to do and to whom. Regarding Debs - who knows what'll happen to her? But I do see her playing some role and not just as a side distraction (as long as it again fits with the MFC/MMC interactions).
Hell, I'm hoping for some Lezdom action, ie..Trish Dominating the wife

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
There is similar material - it's the same people - but there are differences in dialogue throughout. The paths will become more clearly different very soon.
So this is a very slow burn progression.
I hope that your game will not be abandoned as usually happens with slow burn games

usually the updates will comes with very very short progression and the game even if is not abandoned it will became a very unpleasant waiting for all fun.

As you can understand I love almost completed games...
I will back in about 1 or 2 years to check how your game is going.

Thanks

Illegible Mink

Donor
Jun 1, 2018
So this is a very slow burn progression.
I hope that your game will not be abandoned as usually happens with slow burn games

usually the updates will comes with very very short progression and the game even if is not abandoned it will became a very unpleasant waiting for all fun.

As you can understand I love almost completed games...
I will back in about 1 or 2 years to check how your game is going.

Thanks
That's fine - horses for courses. See you in 2023...

Reactions: defd©™
4.00 star(s) 46 Votes