3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Great game with futuristic/apocalypse story ( which i fond of)
Of course you're free to like the game, but I really wonder what exactly futuristic/apocalypse about the story in the game is. This is part of what I dislike about the game, the setting doesn't really match the story. Despite having futuristic/apocalypse setting where the world is mostly water, the game is still about basic non-futuristic, non-apocalyptic things such as:
1. Tutoring a girl
2. Being a photographer to a girl
3. Trying to peek at a girl
etc

The game could essentially be the same if it happens in the current modern world setting.

Reactions: Floga and DD0

tanmay4317

May 5, 2017
facing problem with step 6 of the walk-through.. can't talk to sophie in her cabin while she is alone. it says it's locked... can anyone help please?

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
facing problem with step 6 of the walk-through.. can't talk to sophie in her cabin while she is alone. it says it's locked... can anyone help please?
There should still be a star icon at the top. Just click on it and it should advance you through the step.

Reactions: tanmay4317

nokhai

May 4, 2018
Of course you're free to like the game, but I really wonder what exactly futuristic/apocalypse about the story in the game is. This is part of what I dislike about the game, the setting doesn't really match the story. Despite having futuristic/apocalypse setting where the world is mostly water, the game is still about basic non-futuristic, non-apocalyptic things such as:
1. Tutoring a girl
2. Being a photographer to a girl
3. Trying to peek at a girl
etc

The game could essentially be the same if it happens in the current modern world setting.
I just like it, that fantasy theme with basic story that humanity is try to survive facing crisis.

Futuristic sex with Ai ? TeleDildonic sex ? sex in zero gravity while levitating? really , for sexual part is hard to imagine that not to "earthy" or to conventional ,sex itself very much earthling thing.
Well of course the conventional activity you said can happen in normal world but the main story is not about normal universe.

Surely the writing could improve to assert the idea and conecting more with main story. (this is a sequel of Spaced Out )
or the ship image/theme perhaps will need to be more futurized ? or more H scene surely will appease you

Maybe its just pesimistic of me that i never expecting much and fancy thing from adult visual novel, especially since i personally not paying any for what i enjoyed. I'm not expecting rich kid's toy quality.
I think i'm not entitled much. So I play for free, i entertained, i thank the dev and encouraging for completing the project.
But when few exceptional work is there, i really praise it and consider donating.

After all this is not complete state. Hardly judging if not finish yet.

Reactions: Jcompt

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
I'm not sure how many of you here follow me on Patreon too, so here are the plans and the progress update on 0.6 that I've just submitted there:

Hi all! Here is what is planned for 0.6. This month vote was a tie between Sarah and Julia so they both will get a quest. Unfortunately I won't be able to complete them, so depending on the vote for 0.7, I'll try to complete at least one of them for the next version. Currently the script for both quests is done, and apart from Julia and Sarah, they will feature scenes with Victoria, Sophie, Linda and Catherine. The dialogue for Julia's quest is 60% done along with half the screens (~10) for one of the scenes and three animations.
As for periodic events - what I can say for sure is that I will expand the current event with Victoria (reusing some of the screens that I'm doing for one of the scenes in Julia's quest) and Julia's bathroom event.
There will also be a couple of wardrobe changes - Victoria gets a new dress and Sophie proves a point to Greg (or whatever you have named your character) by removing her top when she's in the jacuzzi, so... fun times ahead!
anim jul payback sc massage 3 06.png

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
Until someone makes a patch and gets access to upload it on Lewdpatcher, the original Amelia will be referred as Greg's boss in the game.
Hmm.
Is the patch worth waiting for from you?
p.s. I like this game, but after space out this change is not felt very good.

joecool

Dec 13, 2017
This really needs some type of indicator at the map level, where you see all the boat decks, to help figure out where to go next. You have indicators on the deck level, just do the same thing one level up

graphics are pretty good

Its kind of difficult to differentiate between the girls icons on the main page, also tough to memorize each one, Would be helpful to make the girl icons a little larger, and have their names in text above the icons

The star on the upper right to take an action is a bad idea, just have it go right to the decision options, eliminate one more click

The cheat selection has a bug, if you hit by accident you cant just close it, it requires you to pick one of the cheats.

At work we had software that operators had to use, operators did not like the interface, one thing we did was count the number of clicks to do the operations, we were surprised how many clicks were required to do the basic things, you should count the clicks needed to play this game, its way too much now

A few minor changes to this game could greatly reduce the click click click grind that detracts from the game.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
This really needs some type of indicator at the map level, where you see all the boat decks, to help figure out where to go next. You have indicators on the deck level, just do the same thing one level up

graphics are pretty good

Its kind of difficult to differentiate between the girls icons on the main page, also tough to memorize each one, Would be helpful to make the girl icons a little larger, and have their names in text above the icons

The star on the upper right to take an action is a bad idea, just have it go right to the decision options, eliminate one more click

The cheat selection has a bug, if you hit by accident you cant just close it, it requires you to pick one of the cheats.

At work we had software that operators had to use, operators did not like the interface, one thing we did was count the number of clicks to do the operations, we were surprised how many clicks were required to do the basic things, you should count the clicks needed to play this game, its way too much now

A few minor changes to this game could greatly reduce the click click click grind that detracts from the game.
The reason for the star icon is that you might not want to advance a certain quest at a certain point, but to engage in a different action. For the moment those are few, but their count will grow with time.

As for indicators for available actions on deck level, you've probably missed them, because they are there. Sure, they are not over the exact location (because locations are cramped and they might overlap), but at the top right corner of the whole deck. Check . Look again and you will see them.

The 'close' button on the cheats menu not working is a bug, that I found after releasing 0.5.2, so I'll fix it for 0.6. I don't consider it that critical as it doesn't lead to crashes or irreversible actions (you can freeze / unfreeze the stats and you will be left in the same state that you started with).

To be honest, I'm not a graphics designer, so making bigger icons will take time and I think it would look bad if they are bigger than the action icons (star, talk, look, etc.) on the right and if I have to change those too, it would take even longer. Besides, having the bigger will look even worse. As for the names of the girls... I thought about that when first making the game, but decided it would look bad since some of the names are quite long and others are short,. For example to have 'Catherine' fit the width of a person icon with an outlined font (because you can't know the background color), would make the font size really small and it will look weird for 'Lia'.

If I manage to do the 'help' screen for this version, it will actually show that there is a much easier way of interacting with the game - keyboard shortcuts. Currently it's only 'm' for map, 'i' for info/help and 'w' for wait, but I plan to add shortcuts for the rest of the actions. Unfortunately most of the time I had for 0.5 was consumed by making renders and animations and coding the repeatable events so the help screen showing the shortcuts was left for the next version.

Reactions: UncleVT
D

Deleted member 45040

Just turn the need to eat, bathe and sleep off. 'Freeze stats' at your computer and you're set.

Too easy

I did figure that out after awhile. You can use the cheat menu to freeze player stats.

ed3k47

Aug 7, 2018
i finished playing spaced out and I didn't read through all of this thread, but kinda hoping it picks up where spaced out left off and somewhere down the line greg gets reunited with his mom and rebecca.

joecool

Dec 13, 2017
Thanks for the info on the star indicator on the deck level, that was very helpful and significantly reduced the grind

Reactions: Ranger

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017

In 0.6 Sophie makes a new dress for Victoria, which she will wear on the ship, and I need your help choosing one.

Red cut-out dress 27%
Turquoise transparent dress 73%
patreon vic dress.png

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just a quick comment. I discovered this a few days ago when you posted your last update. The first time I played it, I set it aside because I couldn't figure it out. I looked at the walkthrough today and started playing it again and then noticed the interface and the things you have done with it to make a walkthrough less necessary. This is an amazing game with a ton of content. I look forward to further work you do to develop this title, and hats off to you for a nicely built VN.

Reactions: Jcompt

tung17cm

Sep 29, 2018
Too many girls appear together in the game. This is a downside to the game, which makes it hard for me to find out more about the specific characteristics of a girl. Too many girls think it's great (dream harem). But the truth is I do not even remember the names of the girls.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes