3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@Ranger some thoughts, and questions:

I've read through the thread, and had some questions about Spaced Out's ending answered, but have some things I'd like clarified.

At the end of Spaced Out, Lana was sent through alone, then Rebecca, Amelia and Greg together. Does that mean that the Spaced Out universe versions of Lana, Rebecca and Amelia are around somewhere?

At the end of Spaced Out, Amelia talks about a young guy crashing near the boat her college had chartered. That's very close to the situation the MC is in in Water World, but 30 years later. At some point will you be explaining the differences between worlds, like the 30 year time jump for Amelia, but not Jack, Megan or Susan?

I sure hope we get to do more with Amelia than just finger her ass (as related in Spaced Out).

Now, some system questions/thoughts:

You said earlier in the thread that cheating the 3 main stats could lead to missed scenes. Is that case now? Should I turn off the stat lock?

Man of the House has different effects based on the levels of the 4 stats it has (really, gating on options). Will Water World have that, or do I just have to keep a stat value above a minimum for everything?

Each day we can Improve Talk Skill. But after a while we can't learn any more. The option should go away after we've hit the max. Also, we should be able to see values for stats like that. That was one of my beefs with Spaced Out - I could see results when I cleaned the solar panels, but not when I learned to program the processor. I had no idea when to stop doing that.

A bug, when talking to Barbara about her photos. Picking "$200 is fine" gave me this error:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
@Ranger some thoughts, and questions:

I've read through the thread, and had some questions about Spaced Out's ending answered, but have some things I'd like clarified.

At the end of Spaced Out, Lana was sent through alone, then Rebecca, Amelia and Greg together. Does that mean that the Spaced Out universe versions of Lana, Rebecca and Amelia are around somewhere?

At the end of Spaced Out, Amelia talks about a young guy crashing near the boat her college had chartered. That's very close to the situation the MC is in in Water World, but 30 years later. At some point will you be explaining the differences between worlds, like the 30 year time jump for Amelia, but not Jack, Megan or Susan?

I sure hope we get to do more with Amelia than just finger her ass (as related in Spaced Out).

Now, some system questions/thoughts:

You said earlier in the thread that cheating the 3 main stats could lead to missed scenes. Is that case now? Should I turn off the stat lock?

Man of the House has different effects based on the levels of the 4 stats it has (really, gating on options). Will Water World have that, or do I just have to keep a stat value above a minimum for everything?

Each day we can Improve Talk Skill. But after a while we can't learn any more. The option should go away after we've hit the max. Also, we should be able to see values for stats like that. That was one of my beefs with Spaced Out - I could see results when I cleaned the solar panels, but not when I learned to program the processor. I had no idea when to stop doing that.

A bug, when talking to Barbara about her photos. Picking "$200 is fine" gave me this error:
Where to start... without giving too much on the story - yes, the Spaced Out versions of the characters are around. As for what Amelia talked about at the end of Spaced Out, it was a different universe, so this is not 1:1 with that story. First of all, it was before the hijacking of the station, not after (as it is in Water World) and second - obviously the Earth was intact back then. More (but not all) of the story will be revealed at the upcoming update. Let's just say that Amelia on the ship is definitely NOT the younger version of Spaced Out's Amelia. And yes, there will be more scenes with Amelia plus expansion of the current scene (since it's dynamic, I can add new parts to it and the players can find them when repeating it).

As for your other questions - currently there are no scenes that can be missed simply by not sleeping/eating/showering. There are a few scenes planned that can be missed by cheating, but I can't say when I'll have time to implement them. Showing raw stats values... that's a tricky one... First of all, I'll have to do some kind of UI for that and honestly... I don't think I can spare the time. As I've said before I'm doing the game in my free time as a hobby and until I can tune down on my other projects which are paying the bills, I'd rather spend whatever free time I have on adding content to the game. As I've said the initial plan for the stats was to have events based on them, but again - this is another time consuming task because I'll have to add additional stuff that will raise/lower those values.

Thanks for the bug report! I think I've seen this and fixed it but probably didn't merge it back to dev. I'll look into it for sure!

Reactions: DJsona and Floga

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
jul payback 71.png

0.7 progress update

Hi all!

0.7 is progressing as expected, the dialogue is complete, as are the most of the non-scene renders (the ones that are purely story related). 0.7 will bring the two quests started in 0.6 to their end and will have scenes with Yvette, Julia, Victoria, Sophie and Sarah. It will also bring the first mini-game in Water World which will be a liar's dice strip game. I'm rushing to complete the scenes before Jan 20th, because the rest of the time I want to be for testing most of which will be for the mini game. I've implemented it from scratch applying the hard learned lessons from Spaced Out.

Anyway, while I do that, enjoy a picture from 0.7 where you do some yoga with Kayla. She sure is flexible!

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
minigame.png

Hi all,

I'm happy to say that I've started testing the minigame and things are looking pretty good. And not just those 'things' you see on the screenshot, but how the code of the game is isolated from the UI, so in theory in order to have more games of Liar's Dice with other characters, I'll only have to do the renders and the dialogue.

And for those of you who don't enjoy playing minigames that much, there will be an option to cheat which will reveal your opponents dice, so you can always bet on the highest number of dice and win. Though, as it often is with strip games, it's fun when you loose too.

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
View attachment 229008

0.8 quest poll is now open. It will focus on two girls and the options are:

1. Linda / Daphnee
2. Lia / Mia
3. Yvette / Kayla

Head to to vote ;).
I wanted vote Yvette/Kayla this time i was afraid of another draw so go with 1th option lol

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Catherine is yeesh Yvette is alright looking Emma to manly looking for me and even more so when she's smiling Mei is hot looking kayla looks alright same with Barbra and Vicky Mia is alright looking but Lia is 10X better looking Julia is smoking hot Sarah is hot looking and has nice looking eyes Amelia is alright looking Sophie look cute petite and I think the most realistic looking one in the whole group.

I like how Yvette loves being topless and doesn't care who sees them yet half the times you talk to her she's got her arm across her boobs.

I saw some spelling errors but never encountered any errors or bugs.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Catherine is yeesh Yvette is alright looking Emma to manly looking for me and even more so when she's smiling Mei is hot looking kayla looks alright same with Barbra and Vicky Mia is alright looking but Lia is 10X better looking Julia is smoking hot Sarah is hot looking and has nice looking eyes Amelia is alright looking Sophie look cute petite and I think the most realistic looking one in the whole group.

I like how Yvette loves being topless and doesn't care who sees them yet half the times you talk to her she's got her arm across her boobs.

I saw some spelling errors but never encountered any errors or bugs.

Then you should like the next update - it has more of Sarah, Sophie, Victoria, Julia and Yvette.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Ranger You mean Sophie and not Stephanie right as there is no Stephanie in the game unless a new character is being added.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
@Ranger You mean Sophie and not Stephanie right as there is no Stephanie in the game unless a new character is being added.
You are right... That's what happens when I run the final checks for bugs and post in the forum :ROFLMAO:. Anyway, that's done now and as soon as I finish adding the new stuff to the walkthrough, I'll post the 0.7 links in Patreon :geek:.

magus448

May 22, 2018
With the Lewd Patcher 0.7 file applied or not? New game or old save? Having finished the other quest (Julia's Payback) or not?
I had the old patch installed at the time and didn't finish Julia's Payback. Just installed the new one and still did it. Used a save from the last version.
Edit: I'll try to load a save from the last version again with the new patch and see if it happens again.... Same

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes