3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah...it would seem that the machine sent him back about 25 years in the past..

If you pay attention in Spaced Out, Amelia tells a story about when she was in college, on a yacht, being transported to an underwater facility. They rescued a man, about Greg's age, from the water.

When you reach the ending of Spaced Out, it's quite clear that "Oh shit, the young man she was talking about in her story is me"

This ought to be interesting....when it's finished, i'll check it out, and give it a proper review.
ok my interest over this game just Became 50 to 100 Now!
Nope, that's not what happened. You should search for posts by @Ranger to see what he says about it.

This is not in the past. It's a different universe, and Amelia on the boat is not mom from Spaced Out.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Lol, I was busy testing the new version and missed the whole conversation about the link between Water World and Spaced Out. Basically @goobdoob has it right. It's not the past, it's the (different) future, Spaced Out's Lana, Rebecca and Amelia are around and the young Amelia is the daughter of the old Lana that you saw in the encrypted file on her computer. I was planning to have more of the story revealed for the next update (coming at the end of May), but my patreons voted unanimously for another quest, so I guess the continuation of the story will have to wait for another month. Don't ask me why, I don't get it either - I clearly pointed out the option in the poll that will see the main story continue but they wanted to see a quest with Daphnee.

I guess most of you must be wondering when will the new update come out. From the first run there are a couple of minor bugs, which I'll fix later tonight and if there are none on the second test run, I'll release it to my $20+ patreons and then it usually takes a couple of hours for it to land here. The testing is slower this time because there are two separate paths and two separate endings (and a few loops and shortcuts as well) but this will hopefully make it more enjoyable for you to play.

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
I was planning to have more of the story revealed for the next update (coming at the end of May), but my patreons voted unanimously for another quest, so I guess the continuation of the story will have to wait for another month. Don't ask me why, I don't get it either - I clearly pointed out the option in the poll that will see the main story continue but they wanted to see a quest with Daphnee.
To be fair Daphnee is gorgeous. But yes we should vote Amelia next time. That part of the story needs to continue

Reactions: Ranger

Classy Jack

Apr 18, 2019
Nope, that's not what happened. You should search for posts by @Ranger to see what he says about it.

This is not in the past. It's a different universe, and Amelia on the boat is not mom from Spaced Out.
Could you, perhaps, link to relevant posts? The dude has A LOT of posts..

EDIT: ok, read a few more posts in this thread.....christ, this shit is confusing, lol. As someone who only played Spaced Out, and hasn't touched Water World yet, the ending of Spaced out, would lead one to believe that what i thought was the case was actually the case. I stand corrected...

This shit has more weird plot elements, and twists than an M. Night Shyamalan film....

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Could you, perhaps, link to relevant posts? The dude has A LOT of posts..

EDIT: ok, read a few more posts in this thread.....christ, this shit is confusing, lol. As someone who only played Spaced Out, and hasn't touched Water World yet, the ending of Spaced out, would lead one to believe that what i thought was the case was actually the case. I stand corrected...

This shit has more weird plot elements, and twists than an M. Night Shyamalan film....
Well, that's actually intended. Remember that in Spaced Out, you couldn't finish solving the equation, so it's expected that the transfer didn't go 100% as planned. And imagine being in this situation - you end up in a different body, you don't know where you are, you don't know where the others are, your memories are totally irrelevant to what the history of this place is, you can't just go around asking questions like "what year is this?" and telling everyone that you are from a different universe. You have to make the most of every bit of information you get and try to put the pieces together (some of which you'll get right, some will be wrong). You almost always need to focus on what doesn't really add up instead of on what you think you know.

Bottom line - time travel is confusing :geek:

BTW, I've just released 0.10 so expect it to land here really soon.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
If the MC here in Waterworld took some 'Happy Pills', I suppose he would be "Spaced Out"

Please groan quietly .. .. .. ;)

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
No leak here yet o_O? Anyway the patcher link is updated, so it's ready for when someone decides to finally share it here.

Reactions: Rythan25 and I.W.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017

0.11 plans

With 0.10 finished, it's time to share what 0.11 will have. As most of you probably know, the poll for the 0.11 quest was won by Daphnee. Although it will not advance the main story, this will give me the opportunity to add some more repeating events, starting with a night time scene with Evelyn. I'll even try and finish a couple of repeating events before the public release of 0.10 (scheduled for the next Thursday) and include them there. It's super weird that you have this naked woman sleeping in your bed, showering in your cabin every morning and you don't do anything with her, right? Well, this is about to change soon. And as you can see, I've started rendering the images for this.
If everything goes as planned, the update which will add the repeating events will add the second step from the 'Open Marriage' quest too and the image above is from the new quest step not the repeating event itself.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
If you find any bugs in the new quest, please report the path you chose and if possible, include a save game.

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes