Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
for now it's not at all a rpg.

It's more a novel where the player has to do the annoying part -> going from one npc to an other.

To be honest, I thought of this first game as one without combat. At first I found this whole topic of creating a game overwhelming but now that I have gained confidence and familiarity; I have decided to put combat to this game, only that it will not be soon, because I think it must be consistent with the story. (And I'm still learning how to put it).

Right now Nora is a girl who wants to be part of the guard, she doesn't know how to fight. she will certainly learn it, but THIS game will not have combat as a priority.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
To be honest, I thought of this first game as one without combat. At first I found this whole topic of creating a game overwhelming but now that I have gained confidence and familiarity; I have decided to put combat to this game, only that it will not be soon, because I think it must be consistent with the story. (And I'm still learning how to put it).

Right now Nora is a girl who wants to be part of the guard, she doesn't know how to fight. she will certainly learn it, but THIS game will not have combat as a priority.
I didn't mean that the game absolutely need battles. (i like fight in rpg but that's not th question). From the demo i can tell that the story is linear, it doesn't seem that you'll get to choose between different paths for your heroine. That's why it's not really a rpg, because you have 0 choices as a player. Having access to choices doesn't mean that the player control the story, but it means that he control the personnality of his character. That's what gives a meaning to the term "rpg". And that's what gives replayability to your game too. (look at Karyn's prison for exemple)

Reactions: azeru

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
nice game but needs help, arrows pointing the way, text to tell you where to go. Τhe games RPG is searched searched and searched, I know this but they need help.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I didn't mean that the game absolutely need battles. (i like fight in rpg but that's not th question). From the demo i can tell that the story is linear, it doesn't seem that you'll get to choose between different paths for your heroine. That's why it's not really a rpg, because you have 0 choices as a player. Having access to choices doesn't mean that the player control the story, but it means that he control the personnality of his character. That's what gives a meaning to the term "rpg". And that's what gives replayability to your game too. (look at Karyn's prison for exemple)
I see!! I will check it out. Now I have a better idea of what you are saying to me, I will certainly keep it in mind.

Reactions: Watcher555

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
nice game but needs help, arrows pointing the way, text to tell you where to go. Τhe games RPG is searched searched and searched, I know this but they need help.
I was thinking in adding a quest log, right now I'm investigating how to do it.

Reactions: Watcher555

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
I have not found games here. 1.it's not even a demo, and it's very crude 2.No 99.9% of the conversations of the characters (NPCs) also they do not even have a route to walk or even move on the spot. 3.the stops are on the pedestrian path (this is why) 4.Not everywhere there are plugs for passing through the wall. 5. also the heroine has no parameter of shame or the like, calmly enters the boys' toilet.
-------------------------------
6 and other points: there are a lot of characters, there are few locations, as well as actions with them, just as the school is absolutely empty except for the class in which the heroine is studying, and then she is in it or left it all the students will stay like that. the same trouble with the hospital. after the survey, the data does not reach the school because you cannot go to bed or miss the time and the teacher is waiting for these data all the time.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
I have not found games here. 1.it's not even a demo, and it's very crude 2.No 99.9% of the conversations of the characters (NPCs) also they do not even have a route to walk or even move on the spot. 3.the stops are on the pedestrian path (this is why) 4.Not everywhere there are plugs for passing through the wall. 5. also the heroine has no parameter of shame or the like, calmly enters the boys' toilet.
-------------------------------
6 and other points: there are a lot of characters, there are few locations, as well as actions with them, just as the school is absolutely empty except for the class in which the heroine is studying, and then she is in it or left it all the students will stay like that. the same trouble with the hospital. after the survey, the data does not reach the school because you cannot go to bed or miss the time and the teacher is waiting for these data all the time.
Thanks for your opinion, there are things that I will certainly improve like the parameters (I have been trying to add it since last month but I haven't been able to, I can't get it to work) or the thing about the bathroom. As for the passing through the wall, can you tell me where are these things? I will fix them as soon as I find them.

As for the empty places, Yes there are a lot because I always work on what is part of every update, I use my time after work and weekends to advance everything I can but I must focus on what is related to the event.

As for the data and the professor thing, well, he never ask Nora for it, he said that you need it for your registration, that's all. And even after the examination the doctor tell you that the information will be upload to the database. And even in the guard registration they check the database for her info.

Kapios223

May 9, 2017
First of all the art is really good, as for the game, so far there isn't much to do and it seems to be in a pre-alpha state so I can't judge with what I've seen.

And since the Developer seem to answer questions here, here are a few of mine.
Will the game give you any choices that matter? Or is the heroine fated to go in a downward spiral no matter your choice(since I see you said that you want to make the game be about a submission story),I mean there is naive "I'll let a doctor I've never met before take my measurements while I'm nude" and then there is dumb as a brick "I'll let the doctor I've never met before play with my nipples...because...science?", will there be a choice to have her actually act like 99.99% of first world women would? or not?
And as a last question, will there be virgin clear? (I know it's tad harder on the development but I find such games to be far more intresting than games that don't allow you to do that, but then again that's just me).

Anyway good luck on the game developement regardless, and thanks for any response you might give.

P.S: sorry if any part of my post seems rude.

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for your opinion, there are things that I will certainly improve like the parameters (I have been trying to add it since last month but I haven't been able to, I can't get it to work) or the thing about the bathroom. As for the passing through the wall, can you tell me where are these things? I will fix them as soon as I find them.

As for the empty places, Yes there are a lot because I always work on what is part of every update, I use my time after work and weekends to advance everything I can but I must focus on what is related to the event.

As for the data and the professor thing, well, he never ask Nora for it, he said that you need it for your registration, that's all. And even after the examination the doctor tell you that the information will be upload to the database. And even in the guard registration they check the database for her info.
-------------------
the places of the passages through the wall are shown on the screenshots while I found these.

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
First of all the art is really good, as for the game, so far there isn't much to do and it seems to be in a pre-alpha state so I can't judge with what I've seen.

And since the Developer seem to answer questions here, here are a few of mine.
Will the game give you any choices that matter? Or is the heroine fated to go in a downward spiral no matter your choice(since I see you said that you want to make the game be about a submission story),I mean there is naive "I'll let a doctor I've never met before take my measurements while I'm nude" and then there is dumb as a brick "I'll let the doctor I've never met before play with my nipples...because...science?", will there be a choice to have her actually act like 99.99% of first world women would? or not?
And as a last question, will there be virgin clear? (I know it's tad harder on the development but I find such games to be far more intresting than games that don't allow you to do that, but then again that's just me).

Anyway good luck on the game developement regardless, and thanks for any response you might give.

P.S: sorry if any part of my post seems rude.
Don't Worry, I don't think anything you are saying is rude. There will be 2 kind of choices, for unavoidable and sometimes other events where she is aware of what she is doing or what is happening you will have the choice over the type of respond she will give (example: if she will respond shyly or aggresive) as for the other you will have the H option or the non H option. And yes there will be a virgin clear.

For the moment I´m presenting the characters of the game and trying to explain some of the world concepts and story, because I want that this game have a conection with the others that I have in mind.

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Very promising, the general idea is good and i like the protagonist, good luck dev, hope to see more of it

Shadow Blade

Game Developer
Dec 15, 2019
Game in general. Also there's something slightly too boyish about her face in too many of her expressions. Just my 2 cents
To tell you the truth I can't see anything weird with her. I wanted a tomboy character for this game after all.

Reactions: Deadpet
3.00 star(s) 36 Votes