1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
So you have to subscribe to his page to access the cheats??
Worse. Without being a Patron you can't access certain dialog such as giving someone a massage and you can't continue the "Main" story where after you steal the necklace you MUST talk to someone else and if you are not a Patron you can't even do THAT. Which hurts my heart greatly. The game had promise and now I'm blocked on the main story.

dirtiedawg

Jun 21, 2018
Worse. Without being a Patron you can't access certain dialog such as giving someone a massage and you can't continue the "Main" story where after you steal the necklace you MUST talk to someone else and if you are not a Patron you can't even do THAT. Which hurts my heart greatly. The game had promise and now I'm blocked on the main story.
Well that sucks. I guess I will delete it now. What is the point of playing if you can't play the game?

Reactions: Altair1243

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
Well that sucks. I guess I will delete it now. What is the point of playing if you can't play the game?
The Dev expects you to pay for the other features. Which is sad. I play no less then 8 games from [this] site and this game is the Only one that Requires you to be a Patron to access features.

• Sad
Reactions: Gandalf78

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
For what it's worth, there's a couple things in the game (that paywall for example, the sleep sex/rape for another) that violate some of Patreon's rules of conduct for developers. Not saying you should report them, but yeah. I'm surprised that they still have a Patreon.

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
There's really no content hidden behind that paywall. It's a rather classic example of bait and switch. It encourages (if not forces) you to pay to get more content... and then there's really no more content. That's the part of the paywall that violates the Patreon terms of service.

Reactions: JagHond

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
Really? Well screw that chit. [gone] Just deleted the game. Again. I will not play a game that forces me to pay when so many others do not.
Yeah. The usual way that game developers on Patreon do things, is they release the 'previous' releases to the public, and then put a different updated version with new content and stuff up for the patreons themselves to download. Then, as they update the content, the previous patreon only content gets released public. Lather, rinse, repeat.

This way, they get a lot of attention, people are encouraged to pay the patreon to get the new content earlier; as opposed to having to wait a month or more (depending on dev cycle) for the updated stuff.

Supposedly, the dev for this (or devs, it may be a team) claim that previously people were 'pirating' the game and costing them money; so they introduced the paywall to combat that (in their words). Problem is, this has made things worse, as many of those 'pirating' the games tend to become patrons to get better access to games they like, or want to see developed further. So, yeah, they really shot themselves in the foot.

It also has some serious problems. Like I said, the sleep sex... well Patreon considers that to be rape. Rape in any game you upload or develop through Patreon, is enough to get your entire patreon flat out banned from the service. Incest is another thing that Patreon disallows. There's a couple of other things. One difficult thing, that may just be due to a translation error or something, is at no point do they state "all persons portrayed are 18 years old or older". Without that, it can be implied that it's minors involved in sex, which again is against patreon's guidelines.

I seriously expect that at some point, this whole thing will simply become one of the many 'abandoned' projects you see here.

Edit:

They have updated their main page saying that everything is 'consensual' in nature. However they haven't changed the in game content. Which still makes it a violation. Basically, the content has to jive with what the front page of the patreon says. They've also added that everyone is 'of legal age', and 'not actually related' (but then in the same breath noting that you can make them related). So they're still in violation, even with the 'disclaimer'.

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
They have updated their main page saying that everything is 'consensual' in nature. However they haven't changed the in game content. Which still makes it a violation. Basically, the content has to jive with what the front page of the patreon says. They've also added that everyone is 'of legal age', and 'not actually related' (but then in the same breath noting that you can make them related). So they're still in violation, even with the 'disclaimer'.
IRL I have sex with my partners while asleep but they are my partners. In this game the females are not consensual. They are not in a relationship minus a few "dates" to the movies or dinner. Of course the use of MC's "power" to make them do things and make them forget is NOT Consensual in any way. When I played I made pains not to use that power. Personally I like having to "work for it". Which I recommend: The Promise Where the Dev on Discord actually responds to your concerns and comments and even fixed an error I had in real time with a bug fix 1 hour after posting the bug. Highly Recommend.

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
There's really no content hidden behind that paywall. It's a rather classic example of bait and switch. It encourages (if not forces) you to pay to get more content... and then there's really no more content. That's the part of the paywall that violates the Patreon terms of service.
Agreed.
All considered, it just seemed, to me, that the developers believed they were smarter than us users ... presumptuous, on their part.
The story is not even so original.

Deleled, without remorse.

With best regards.

Reactions: dirtiedawg

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
Agreed.
All considered, it just seemed, to me, that the developers believed they were smarter than us users ... presumptuous, on their part.
The story is not even so original.

Deleled, without remorse.

With best regards.
There's no guessing that they think they're smarter. On their public posts they say quote "
Around the web, we've read many and many negative reviews during the development, like "no I don't like this", "no I don't like that", but of course since we care only about the opinion of you supporters, we've made up with a decision. From upcoming version, many fixed things, many new features, and many events will be locked only to you supporters, same thing for the game's main plot."

Meaning that it's less about piracy being a problem... and the simple fact that they didn't like criticism.

Reactions: Altair1243

Shadow Song

Feb 5, 2018
For anyone interested I have found a way to edit money by editing the save in NotePad

I just started so maybe the 3rd day, in the save file you will find line upon line of null null null null. your money number should be the 9th number so for me now edited its

[null,null,1,null,null,2,null,30,100000,6,1,null,null,null,null,7,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null

obviously fair warning if you just go around changing numbers you might break your save which is why I would only do this when you start a new game

have fun

if anyone identifies the stats numbers for changing please post it, I believe all the numbers in this section are the ones we are looking for

Last edited:

Silentheart42

May 10, 2019
For anyone interested I have found a way to edit money by editing the save in NotePad

I just started so maybe the 3rd day, in the save file you will find line upon line of null null null null. your money number should be the 9th number so for me now edited its

[null,null,1,null,null,2,null,30,100000,6,1,null,null,null,null,7,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null

obviously fair warning if you just go around changing numbers you might break your save which is why I would only do this when you start a new game

have fun

if anyone identifies the stats numbers for changing please post it, I believe all the numbers in this section are the ones we are looking for

Nice but not worth it with the Paywall blocking the main story. Just delete the game and move on to other better games that have no such paywalls. The Promise

Reactions: JagHond
1.80 star(s) 39 Votes