-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not to be rude man but this English feels like MTL, good game tho.
A lot of new developers have very limited access to translation tools if English is not their first language. Things like Google Translate or DeepL might not even be available, depending on the situation. Developers often just use what they can. Additionally, some people who learn English (through media like film or music) don't actually gain fluency. It's been a known fact for a very long time that comprehension of a foreign language almost always comes faster than speaking or writing.

In cases like this, it's easy to assume you know the language you hear all the time, so you might not seek out a translator / proofreader. Or, alternately, you might not have almost any resources available. So, while you otherwise would find someone to manage the English-language script files, you're left to do it all yourself, even if you know your English isn't as good as you'd prefer. I'll preface this next bit by saying that I'm not applying this to you: what I find especially funny is how many people complain about or mock the English in a game but who themselves clearly struggle with English in their posts or otherwise. In my experience in various business associations, international travel, and otherwise, I've learned to become much more tolerant of others, including in how well or poorly they speak English. If I understand what they're trying to say I generally consider it good enough — unless ofc I'm actually doing official proofreading for someone.

Last edited:

Daniele69

Feb 22, 2020
This is the Italian Handmade translation of :
Welcome Aboard [v0.2]

**********************************************************************************
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"
extract the .rar file and move "game" to the game where the .exe file resides overwrite if required
Download

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of new developers have very limited access to translation tools if English is not their first language. Things like Google Translate or DeepL might not even be available, depending on the situation. Developers often just use what they can. Additionally, some people who learn English (through media like film or music) don't actually gain fluency. It's been a known fact for a very long time that comprehension of a foreign language almost always comes faster than speaking or writing.
All good points, Cookie. That's why I got into Proofreading here. Mainly to help the small developers get a foothold.
I've been shocked at how well I can communicate with the devs I've worked for or am currently working with through here or Discord.
I'm actually working on this game on my own time. I haven't contacted Picaro Games yet. Well, I guess I just did. :ROFLMAO: But if he doesn't want help that's ok too.

Sometimes, I work on games just for the experience and to fine-tune my process.
But, I agree that we should not make fun of the Engrish in games. (I'm guilty of doing it in the past) :( Helping instead of harassing is always the best course.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I'm getting an endless loop in this sex scene. Day 5 The MC and Emma on shore leave.

It just keeps going no traceback or error.
It might be happening because I've been messing with the code, But it's only diaologue I mess with. Any help?

1707356039194.png

Picaro Games

Game Developer
Dec 23, 2017
Hey, I'm getting an endless loop in this sex scene. Day 5 The MC and Emma on shore leave.

It just keeps going no traceback or error.
It might be happening because I've been messing with the code, But it's only diaologue I mess with. Any help?

View attachment 3335896
Of course your help is welcome. The loop usually happens when we mistakenly delete the } from the kinetic text tag in the sentence where it is locked.
Again thank you very much for your work.

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

GustavoGanz

May 23, 2023
I love this game. :love:

Keep up the good work DEV, even if someone doesn't like the mom's hairstyle ..... LOL

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is he just holding her up with one hand!?

Are there a lot of clothing shops on cruise ships? and is that Kim Kardashian?

ok then...
Wait, what?

Brothers!? o_O:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Xythurr
3.20 star(s) 19 Votes