4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Glad to see you're still alive and kicking man o/
And honestly, after waiting years for Alien Quest Eve, you can take your time, I'm ready :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Armonie

WaterBallon

Mar 18, 2021
Can we have another preview my lad?

Also, can you tell me why did you go for developing a game with (kind of a lot of) free roam, by this i mean your free roaming dictates your routes and all that, instead of a full visual novel? It FEELS much better to play when you are just going out making choices and seeing how they snowball and develop, that is why it genuine confuses me to see so many Adult VNs having this padding free roam. I think that the last update had much less open free roam (the free roam was more linear), which is ideal to me, since i enjoy the other aspects about this game WAY more. But, without further ado, is the "open world" free roaming coming back or should we expect the more linear kind from now on?

Last edited:

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
Can we have another preview my lad?

Also, can you tell me why did you go for developing a game with (kind of a lot of) free roam, by this i mean your free roaming dictates your routes and all that, instead of a full visual novel? It FEELS much better to play when you are just going out making choices and seeing how they snowball and develop, that is why it genuine confuses me to see so many Adult VNs having this padding free roam. I think that the last update had much less open free roam (the free roam was more linear), which is ideal to me, since i enjoy the other aspects about this game WAY more. But, without further ado, is the "open world" free roaming coming back or should we expect the more linear kind from now on?
These are very interesting questions, I will try to answer them as best I can.

So let's start with the easiest one:
I'll post a preview here as soon as I've made one that doesn't spoil too much and that raises a maximum of questions and surprises. :)

Then about the free roaming:
The game is in development, as much for its end as for its beginning.
What I mean is that I intend to come back and add game content on past periods.
But I prefer to go on with the story than to add content in the beginning of it :
I'm already one of the slowest developers on this site, so I'll do that in a second time. :HideThePain:

My goal is to create a game as I would enjoy it as a player:
1) - To give the player the maximum impression of choosing his adventure, to avoid that he asks himself the question "I wish I could have done that instead".
2) - Choices whose consequences only appear hours later.
3) - Actions that serve absolutely no purpose other than to immerse you in a different universe.
4) - A developed story with characters having their own personalities (even if I savagely copy Sei Shoujo for many of them), with twists, uncomfortable and guilt-ridden moments.
5) - Many different logical endings.

Personally I have a lot of trouble with games where the free roaming is too heavy, that you go through empty rooms and that you click everywhere hoping to find the right NPC that will give you the information to continue the story.
(While I love Larry, Guybrush and...Monokuma, I'm a complex person... or I'm just stupid.)

I also didn't put any mini-game to increase the player's stats by doing the same action a hundred times...
I would like to have a long life for my game but not like this.
(I've already made enough people rage-quit with the introduction to spells. I leave it like that, it's my way of saying:
"this is not a game where you'll go from one image to another by hitting the Ctrl key. You'll have to read, think or change to another game.")

So to, finally, answer your last question:
I'm currently concentrating on the development of the different routes, with choices of how to realize them of course but without "open world free roaming".
BUT I will add more once the story is finished.
Let's just say that it's not my priority while remaining an aspect of the game that I want to offer to enrich it.

...and then, there's the game' s rhythm too :
Going from a lot of confusing choices at the beginning of the game to only two in a critical situation... it has its little effect.

Last edited:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
My goal is to create a game as I would enjoy it as a player:
1) - To give the player the maximum impression of choosing his adventure, to avoid that he asks himself the question "I wish I could have done that instead".
hmmm does this mean there'll be an option to save Michelle added later on?:oops:

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
hmmm does this mean there'll be an option to save Michelle added later on?:oops:
There is already one :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I may come back to this event but when I'll have finished the main story.

It's also likely that I'll change the dates in game, I had given myself a fairly large margin for the development of the plots but the game should not become too repetitive.

edit :
I'm very excited to present you the next part of the story and its finalities but coding is long and illustrating... is painstaking work !
(we say 'work for ants' in french)

So don't hesitate to tell me what you like or not, in addition to maintain a coherence in the universe of the game :
It motivates me a lot when I get stuck on an illustration and my computer is struggling :HideThePain:

(Knowing that in my priorities of modifications, there are, for the moment, the scenes of introduction and those with Jack stoned in the infirmary.)

Last edited:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
There is already one :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I may come back to this event but when I'll have finished the main story.

It's also likely that I'll change the dates in game, I had given myself a fairly large margin for the development of the plots but the game should not become too repetitive.

edit :
I'm very excited to present you the next part of the story and its finalities but coding is long and illustrating... is painstaking work !
(we say 'work for ants' in french)

So don't hesitate to tell me what you like or not, in addition to maintain a coherence in the universe of the game :
It motivates me a lot when I get stuck on an illustration and my computer is struggling :HideThePain:

(Knowing that in my priorities of modifications, there are, for the moment, the scenes of introduction and those with Jack stoned in the infirmary.)
ah ok. the only reason i went to the pub was cause atm it was the only option that had the most content. but if i have to avoid that route to keep her safe. well i know what i gotta do.

but yeah i was just curious cause even an option where you go with her, get their business done and leave would've been good for me. but as you said for now ima skip that route.(y)

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
Daily news:

In the new version you will now be able to choose the name of "Destin" instead of creating it yourself.
Androids users will have easier access to the game (workaround for Renpy keyboard bugs on some phones)
-> DN1

I also took the opportunity to add a note of awareness to the violence of the game. It also solves a problem simply by avoiding any headache that could increase my pessimism about the progress of the game.
-> DN2

I don't think I'm going to cover all the routes in the next update.
I named them by color, the gameboys users will probably smile, I'm dealing with the red and blue versions right now.

Concerning the entry requirements for the red version, for the moment really too complex for my taste, I placed a save in attachment.
To make its approach easier, I will add "free roaming" days with spell casting. But I'll do that AFTER I've made good progress on the story.

I've put so many knots in this game that even I, the creator, get lost sometimes.
A lot of beginner's mistakes...

At first, there will be no/few animations in the next version and I will continue to clean up the old ones which are really ugly.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of you, it may sound stupid but without your support, especially from RHFlash (I often look at your fan art gift which makes the necessary "envie"), I might have given up already.

I consider this game as a learning experience.
Believe me, Koikatsu: never again ^^

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes