4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
For android users:

Not having a proper phone, I never could test the android version myself.
It seems that, for some, a recurring problem exists with the impossibility of making the keyboard disappear when naming the MC.

In order to solve this problem, here is two saves of an MC called Alex :

(and so avoid the tutorial on spells, if you don't want to invest more than that in the game)

The saves are to be placed in :
SD:/Android/data/com.welcome.program/files/saves/
It's possible that "welcome" is followed by a series of numbers

mcmng

May 19, 2020
Is it possible to complete all the achievements in one playthrough? Aside from the obvious mutually exclusive ones like murdering David / Enslaving David and the like, of course

Reactions: Armonie

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
Is it possible to complete all the achievements in one playthrough? Aside from the obvious mutually exclusive ones like murdering David / Enslaving David and the like, of course
Thank you for asking.

At the moment you can get most of the achievements in one playthrough ...
but I'm having a hard time doing it myself even though I created the game. :whistle:

It would mean not missing out on any of the secondary interactions from each day.

That's really not the point.

To be honest, the more the game progresses in the scenario, the more the directions will differ or even oppose each other.

I'm banking a lot on replayability and making each game experience unique.
If I post a walkthrough to get the "true ending" I won't do it until well after I finish the game.

This visual novel is anything but linear.

Reactions: Isaku and mcmng

nyrawin

Dec 3, 2020
Just started playing your game. Looks interesting. So far mostly in for Envie as i loved her Bible Black counterpart. I'm not a big fan of the serie but she stood apart somehow.

I was wondering if you'd need or want some help when it comes to dialogues. Being french, I could probably be of some help with the writing if it's based on a french script.

I've barely scratched the surface of your game yet but dialogues have been kinda broken from the beginning. (But somehow your english is a lot better in your answers to this thread so maybe only the start of the game is like this and it gets better later on ?)

I'm also offering because i'd like to make my own adult (maybe) game in english one day and I could use the practice when it comes to writing (or translating). Wouldn't hurt to work with someone actually making a game.

Hit me up if you want to talk about it. (and respect for your work, i believe i'm gonna love your game from what i've seen and read on the thread. Getting back to reading right away :) )

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
Just started playing your game. Looks interesting. So far mostly in for Envie as i loved her Bible Black counterpart. I'm not a big fan of the serie but she stood apart somehow.

I was wondering if you'd need or want some help when it comes to dialogues. Being french, I could probably be of some help with the writing if it's based on a french script.
I wanted to retranslate it into French some time ago, it was long, tedious and extremely frustrating... It made me lose a lot of time and motivation, and as a result I've accumulated a huge backlog.
Don't forget that translating a game also means reprogramming it, and that's really not the fun part.

To save time, I write directly in English without keeping any writing in French.
I appreciate suggestions to reword some of my dialogues, especially if they make no sense or have the opposite meaning to the intended effect.
However, this would be a voluntary work, this game doesn't make any profit and I don't want to change that.
- - -​
J'ai voulu le retraduire en français il y a quelques temps, ça a été long, fastidieux et extrêmement frustrant... Ca m'a fait perdre beaucoup de temps et de motivation et du coup j'ai cumulé un retard énorme.
Il ne faut pas oublier que traduire un jeu passe aussi par sa reprogrammation, et c'est vraiment pas la partie sympa.

Pour gagner du temps, j'écris directement en anglais sans conserver le moindre écrit en français.
J’apprécie volontiers que l'on me suggère de reformuler certains de mes dialogues surtout s'ils n'ont aucun sens ou un sens contraire à l'effet recherché
Il s’agirait cependant d'un bénévolat basé sur le volontariat, ce jeu ne dégage aucun bénéfice et je ne tiens pas à changer cela.

I've barely scratched the surface of your game yet but dialogues have been kinda broken from the beginning. (But somehow your english is a lot better in your answers to this thread so maybe only the start of the game is like this and it gets better later on ?)
I thought I had a good grounding in English, but there are big differences between academic English and English used in game situations. It's like anything, the more you practice the better you get. I plan to redo the scenes from the beginning of the game but I'll spend my time adapting them without advancing in the story if I focus on that. It would be very time consuming.
- - -​
Je pensais avoir de bonnes bases en anglais mais il y a de grosses différences entre l'anglais académique et celui abordé dans des situations en jeu. C'est comme tout, plus tu pratiques plus tu t'améliores. J'ai prévu de refaire les scènes du début du jeu mais je passerai mon temps à les réadaptés sans avancer dans l'histoire si je me concentrai sur ce point. Ce serait très chronophage.

I'm also offering because i'd like to make my own adult (maybe) game in english one day and I could use the practice when it comes to writing (or translating). Wouldn't hurt to work with someone actually making a game.
Hit me up if you want to talk about it. (and respect for your work, i believe i'm gonna love your game from what i've seen and read on the thread. Getting back to reading right away :) )
You can count on my help : starting a game is difficult and even more so once the first version is over.
I'm not the most experienced but I like to think that I am available for everyone.
With an adventure of almost two years, I have had my ups and downs, so I think I have some good advice.
- - -​
Tu peux compter sur mon aide : commencer un jeu est difficile et encore plus une fois la première version passée.
Je ne suis pas le plus expérimenté mais j'aime à croire que je suis disponible pour chacun.
Avec aventure de presque deux ans, j'ai eu des hauts et des bas, je pense donc avoir des conseils avisés et emplies de bienveillance.

Prends soin de toi en cette période difficile, je te souhaite sincèrement une belle réussite dans ton projet de jeu.

Armand

nyrawin

Dec 3, 2020
I wanted to retranslate it into French some time ago, it was long, tedious and extremely frustrating... It made me lose a lot of time and motivation, and as a result I've accumulated a huge backlog.
Don't forget that translating a game also means reprogramming it, and that's really not the fun part.

To save time, I write directly in English without keeping any writing in French.
I appreciate suggestions to reword some of my dialogues, especially if they make no sense or have the opposite meaning to the intended effect.
However, this would be a voluntary work, this game doesn't make any profit and I don't want to change that.
- - -
J'ai voulu le retraduire en français il y a quelques temps, ça a été long, fastidieux et extrêmement frustrant... Ca m'a fait perdre beaucoup de temps et de motivation et du coup j'ai cumulé un retard énorme.
Il ne faut pas oublier que traduire un jeu passe aussi par sa reprogrammation, et c'est vraiment pas la partie sympa.

Pour gagner du temps, j'écris directement en anglais sans conserver le moindre écrit en français.
J’apprécie volontiers que l'on me suggère de reformuler certains de mes dialogues surtout s'ils n'ont aucun sens ou un sens contraire à l'effet recherché
Il s’agirait cependant d'un bénévolat basé sur le volontariat, ce jeu ne dégage aucun bénéfice et je ne tiens pas à changer cela.
I understand. Obviously I wouldn't dare ask for money, even moreso since i'm not a native speaker. I see it as a way to improve my writing skills while helping your project at the same time. I'm not completely familiar with Ren'Py but I guess dialogues and coding are intertwined. I'm an IT engineer so i'm not really afraid of diving into some code if needed
- - -
Je vois. Je n'oserai jamais te demander de l'argent, bien évidemment. Je ne suis pas un professionnel ni un anglais natif. J'ai simplement vu une opportunité de participer à un projet et d'obtenir une première expérience dans l'écriture d'un jeu amateur. Je suis ingénieur informatique (même si je ne code plus vraiment dans ma profession actuelle) donc je pense pouvoir aider même si l'écriture et le code sont intimement liés.

I thought I had a good grounding in English, but there are big differences between academic English and English used in game situations. It's like anything, the more you practice the better you get. I plan to redo the scenes from the beginning of the game but I'll spend my time adapting them without advancing in the story if I focus on that. It would be very time consuming.
- - -
Je pensais avoir de bonnes bases en anglais mais il y a de grosses différences entre l'anglais académique et celui abordé dans des situations en jeu. C'est comme tout, plus tu pratiques plus tu t'améliores. J'ai prévu de refaire les scènes du début du jeu mais je passerai mon temps à les réadaptés sans avancer dans l'histoire si je me concentrai sur ce point. Ce serait très chronophage.
I feel you. I've struggled quite a bit with commucating in english relying only on my highschool classes. Had to spend a couple years reading to improve and get my point across during conversations with natives. Still not fluent but i'm getting here.
I would really like to assist you with rewriting your first scenes so that you could perhaps focus your precious time and energy (and as a nurse, you probably can't spare much) on new updates.
- - -
Je comprend parfaitement. J'ai longtemps lutté pour communiquer en anglais en me basant uniquement sur le bagage académique obtenu au lycée. Ca m'a pris plusieurs années de lecture et d'écoute pour m'améliorer et me faire comprendre par des anglais natifs. Pas encore bilingue mais je m'approche (au moins à l'écrit.)

J'apprécierai beaucoup pouvoir t'aider à retravailler tes premières scènes, pour que tu puisse concentrer tes efforts à la création de nouveau contenu. (surtout si tu es infirmier/aide-soignant comme j'ai lu sur ce forum, j'imagine que le temps et l'énergie sont des ressources précieuses en ce moment pour toi -- et merci pour ton travail)

You can count on my help : starting a game is difficult and even more so once the first version is over.
I'm not the most experienced but I like to think that I am available for everyone.
With an adventure of almost two years, I have had my ups and downs, so I think I have some good advice.
- - -
Tu peux compter sur mon aide : commencer un jeu est difficile et encore plus une fois la première version passée.
Je ne suis pas le plus expérimenté mais j'aime à croire que je suis disponible pour chacun.
Avec aventure de presque deux ans, j'ai eu des hauts et des bas, je pense donc avoir des conseils avisés et emplies de bienveillance.

Prends soin de toi en cette période difficile, je te souhaite sincèrement une belle réussite dans ton projet de jeu.

Armand
Thanks a lot for your answer. I would greatly appreciate to hear about your journey and the birth of your game. I'm not sure when i'll feel like i'm ready to create something of my own, but I hope the day will come. I know programming and I probably can put together a story but i have absolutely zero knowledge about art or music.

First things first, i'm going to play your game to the end. If you feel like you could use some help, I'd be glad to be of assistance.
- - -
Merci beaucoup pour ta réponse. J'aimerai beaucoup bénéficier de tes conseils, voire juste ton témoignage sur ton parcours et comment ton jeu a vu le jour. Je ne sais pas quand j'oserai me lançer dans un tel projet, un jour j'espère. Je m'y connais en prog et je pense pouvoir écrire un scénario mais je n'ai aucune connaissance artistique ou musicale.

Je vais déjà finir la dernière version de ton jeu. Si tu penses que je peux t'aider dans ton projet, ce serait avec plaisir.

Merci encore pour ta réponse détaillée et prends soin de toi également.

Last edited:

WaterBallon

Mar 18, 2021
Armand, is there any scenes or even a relationship like the one we have with david or camilla planned with the class rep(or any other girl in the 3rd year for that matter)?

Unrelated question: do you intend to say(in the upcoming releases...) what lead to the Berserk-esque scene with the green haired girl? I just wanted another reason to hate those guys more.

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
I understand. Obviously I wouldn't dare ask for money, even moreso since i'm not a native speaker. I see it as a way to improve my writing skills while helping your project at the same time. I'm not completely familiar with Ren'Py but I guess dialogues and coding are intertwined. I'm an IT engineer so i'm not really afraid of diving into some code if needed
- - -
Je vois. Je n'oserai jamais te demander de l'argent, bien évidemment. Je ne suis pas un professionnel ni un anglais natif. J'ai simplement vu une opportunité de participer à un projet et d'obtenir une première expérience dans l'écriture d'un jeu amateur. Je suis ingénieur informatique (même si je ne code plus vraiment dans ma profession actuelle) donc je pense pouvoir aider même si l'écriture et le code sont intimement liés.

I feel you. I've struggled quite a bit with commucating in english relying only on my highschool classes. Had to spend a couple years reading to improve and get my point across during conversations with natives. Still not fluent but i'm getting here.
I would really like to assist you with rewriting your first scenes so that you could perhaps focus your precious time and energy (and as a nurse, you probably can't spare much) on new updates.
- - -
Je comprend parfaitement. J'ai longtemps lutté pour communiquer en anglais en me basant uniquement sur le bagage académique obtenu au lycée. Ca m'a pris plusieurs années de lecture et d'écoute pour m'améliorer et me faire comprendre par des anglais natifs. Pas encore bilingue mais je m'approche (au moins à l'écrit.)

J'apprécierai beaucoup pouvoir t'aider à retravailler tes premières scènes, pour que tu puisse concentrer tes efforts à la création de nouveau contenu. (surtout si tu es infirmier/aide-soignant comme j'ai lu sur ce forum, j'imagine que le temps et l'énergie sont des ressources précieuses en ce moment pour toi -- et merci pour ton travail)

Thanks a lot for your answer. I would greatly appreciate to hear about your journey and the birth of your game. I'm not sure when i'll feel like i'm ready to create something of my own, but I hope the day will come. I know programming and I probably can put together a story but i have absolutely zero knowledge about art or music.

First things first, i'm going to play your game to the end. If you feel like you could use some help, I'd be glad to be of assistance.
- - -
Merci beaucoup pour ta réponse. J'aimerai beaucoup bénéficier de tes conseils, voire juste ton témoignage sur ton parcours et comment ton jeu a vu le jour. Je ne sais pas quand j'oserai me lançer dans un tel projet, un jour j'espère. Je m'y connais en prog et je pense pouvoir écrire un scénario mais je n'ai aucune connaissance artistique ou musicale.

Je vais déjà finir la dernière version de ton jeu. Si tu penses que je peux t'aider dans ton projet, ce serait avec plaisir.

Merci encore pour ta réponse détaillée et prends soin de toi également.
I'll get back to you in PM as soon as I have some time, knowing that addressing this topic in public can be beneficial to others.
Armand, is there any scenes or even a relationship like the one we have with david or camilla planned with the class rep(or any other girl in the 3rd year for that matter)?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unrelated question: do you intend to say(in the upcoming releases...) what lead to the Berserk-esque scene with the green haired girl? I just wanted another reason to hate those guys more.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
Since Ikarius' link no longer working, here a new compressed version.

Welcome to Bell College - Charme et Sortilège [v0.3] [Armand Ribo] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer:

Original Win Size: 1.69 GB
Original Mac Size: 1.68 GB

Compressed Win/Linux Size: 335 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 318 MB

Compressed using the following tools:

YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V2.1]
This compression is unofficial which reduces image/audio/video quality and might break the game.

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the "(y)like" to give me support.

Last edited:

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
Since Ikarius' link no longer working, here a new compressed version.

Welcome to Bell College - Charme et Sortilège [v0.3] [Armand Ribo] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer:

Original Win Size: 1.69 GB
Original Mac Size: 1.68 GB

Compressed Win/Linux Size: 335 MB workupload
Compressed MAC Size: 318 MB workupload

Compressed using the following tools:

YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V2.1]
This compression is unofficial which reduces image/audio/video quality and might break the game.

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the "(y)like" to give me support.

Tested and approved by the game creator.
Who will have to redo the beginning of his game because what he did in the 0.1 and 0.2 versions seems to him really ugly now...
:LOL: :D:confused::cry:

Thank you very much Techstar !

Armonie

二形 ~ 変態
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
1627832736466.png

HERE COMES A NEW
CHALLENGER

"There is always this third year that is stronger than the others to put the food chain in order..."

It has been more than two years since my baby came out of my sick brain.
I can imagine how frustrating it must be to see only 2 updates per year...
But it's even more frustrating for me who can't devote more time to it.

Take care of yourself Bell College students !​

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes