VN Ren'Py Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles [Remastered v0.1.0] [NoobPRO Games]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lasse.9

Jan 11, 2019
good game with great potential, but i really dislike the mc. he is like a little puppy, happy about everything and unable to calm down.
the mc is just to fucking nice and polite. if this was real this guy would be friendzoned repeatedly, and think he did amazingly.
if the protagonist was better, this game would be great, but currently it's barely good.

• Angry
Reactions: tothadam1998

Valmora

Dec 4, 2018
Can see it ? Why does stuff like this get past stage 1 ? I mean it's right there in front of you, your the one that put it that way. WHY ?
It makes me cry every time I see stuff like this pop up in a VN... The horrible grammar make the eyes bleed, but this, it just gives me such a massive headache...
That's some heavy illegal shit going on ! Welcome To Hell.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ragnar

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok just started ...

1. Renders are mediocre. The lighting is switching from scene to scene.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png
The 2nd screen is the direct followup. And the camera is switching, but the light is not - it is just getting darker. So I guess the dev is struggling hard with the lighting.

Posing is off too. I get it that you want to avoid to many renders, but they stay to long/repeat to often and are to extreme sometimes for that to work.
screenshot0003.png

2. The MC looks ... brr ... ok next
3. When the MC sees his new dick he says he could ask James - but up to that point he never met him. The greet each other literally in the next scene. So continuity seems to be an issue already.
4. Sometimes thoughts are not in braces ... that is confusing, especially with mind reading characters.
5. The writing is quite plain and ... dunno ... boring? I am not that far in, but the story in itself is quite interesting, but not fun to read. The characters feel lifeless (no pun intended ^^) and stale. The gf/bf thing is not working - especially if they are both in love for 6 years (yeah I get it, they didnt act on it). They talk more like ppl that are on the 1-3 date and not like good friends or even lovers ... and it is very exposition heavy writing - that might explain the lack of engagement with the characters. They mostly just act as exposition dumps. "Hey I am a boy and I lov her" - "Hey I am a girl and I love him" - "Hey I am just a horny vampire kidnapper with self-control issues." "hey I am a punk girl and want to tell myself who that other girl is"... you get it. Just bad writing unrelated to the language.
And the MC is way to accepting to this stuff ... there is no struggle or anything.
6. Translation ... the game started in Spanish/Portuguese? - the menu (overwriting a save) is not translated.
7. No choice choices. They are pointless ... just drop that stuff. Same with that "free roam" (after the talk, before the feeding trip)- why bother with that when it doesnt matter?

I stopped at the bathroom scene after the MCs return. Hard to continue tbh - in some games the look can compensate for the poor writing, but this is not looking good enough for that. As I said up to that point maybe 60-70% exposition dialog or even more. On that topic NoobPROGames - maybe have a look at some of his videos:

That is a problem for many and not easy to solve ... a great current example is the netflix show Arcane ... perfect writing with stellar world building and no exposition dump.

I will try to finish version 0.4 ... maybe it is getting better after the heavy lifting of exposition is done ...

Reactions: NoobPROGames

NoobPROGames

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2021
Ok just started ...

1. Renders are mediocre. The lighting is switching from scene to scene.
View attachment 1559710 View attachment 1559712
The 2nd screen is the direct followup. And the camera is switching, but the light is not - it is just getting darker. So I guess the dev is struggling hard with the lighting.

Posing is off too. I get it that you want to avoid to many renders, but they stay to long/repeat to often and are to extreme sometimes for that to work.
View attachment 1559753

2. The MC looks ... brr ... ok next
3. When the MC sees his new dick he says he could ask James - but up to that point he never met him. The greet each other literally in the next scene. So continuity seems to be an issue already.
4. Sometimes thoughts are not in braces ... that is confusing, especially with mind reading characters.
5. The writing is quite plain and ... dunno ... boring? I am not that far in, but the story in itself is quite interesting, but not fun to read. The characters feel lifeless (no pun intended ^^) and stale. The gf/bf thing is not working - especially if they are both in love for 6 years (yeah I get it, they didnt act on it). They talk more like ppl that are on the 1-3 date and not like good friends or even lovers ... and it is very exposition heavy writing - that might explain the lack of engagement with the characters. They mostly just act as exposition dumps. "Hey I am a boy and I lov her" - "Hey I am a girl and I love him" - "Hey I am just a horny vampire kidnapper with self-control issues." "hey I am a punk girl and want to tell myself who that other girl is"... you get it. Just bad writing unrelated to the language.
And the MC is way to accepting to this stuff ... there is no struggle or anything.
6. Translation ... the game started in Spanish/Portuguese? - the menu (overwriting a save) is not translated.
7. No choice choices. They are pointless ... just drop that stuff. Same with that "free roam" (after the talk, before the feeding trip)- why bother with that when it doesnt matter?

I stopped at the bathroom scene after the MCs return. Hard to continue tbh - in some games the look can compensate for the poor writing, but this is not looking good enough for that. As I said up to that point maybe 60-70% exposition dialog or even more. On that topic NoobPROGames - maybe have a look at some of his videos:

That is a problem for many and not easy to solve ... a great current example is the netflix show Arcane ... perfect writing with stellar world building and no exposition dump.

I will try to finish version 0.4 ... maybe it is getting better after the heavy lifting of exposition is done ...

Hi Trasher2018, thank you for your constructive criticism.
Unfortunately W2H is far from perfect, but believe me, I'm trying to improve with each new episode, so I'd really like you to play through v04.
I believe you are not a patron, so you should not know about some new features.
The v01 is going to be all remade, after the release of v05.
Season 1 of w2h is just a big prelude to the story.
My knowledge is very limited, this is my first contact with dazstudio, renpy, photoshop.
I can say that today I know more things than I did yesterday, and I'm doing this because I love this whole universe of VN, so I'll keep trying day by day to improve my skills.
Sorry for any error in writing, English is not my fluent language
A big hug and Merry Christmas!

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Nothing goes unnoticed, believe me
Loads of choices mean nothing, they have no attached flags or stats in the script.
For example, the "big choice" about turning the twins, or not, actually means nothing. There is no resulting flag or stat for that "choice".
In fact, during chapter 4, out of the 17 potential "choices", only 5 have a chance to change a stat of set a flag, the rest are just fluff or flavour text.

Another thing that is really annoying me is that the MC is regularly acting like an idiot, constantly doing and saying stupid things and having stupid reactions to other characters.
For example, Russo should be dead. No question about it, just dead. He's a murderer and a rapist, not to mention one of the people he murdered was the MC's mother and one of the people he wanted to rape was Lily.

Finally, for now, the MC becoming the "leader" of 'the anarchists' is just stupid.
The idea of anarchists being in an organised, hierarchical, group with a leader who's orders they all follow is unbelievable and would require serious cognitive dissonance to accept.
Anarchists, by definition, aren't for being organised and ordered around, the clue is right there in the name.
The are many other things they could be, independents, separatists, rebels .etc, but not anarchists.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Another thing that is really annoying me is that the MC is regularly acting like an idiot, constantly doing and saying stupid things and having stupid reactions to other characters.
For example, Russo should be dead. No question about it, just dead. He's a murderer and a rapist, not to mention one of the people he murdered was the MC's mother and one of the people he wanted to rape was Lily.
100% this. You can't let that guy live after what he did to the MC. It makes no sense.
Finally, for now, the MC becoming the "leader" of 'the anarchists' is just stupid.
The idea of anarchists being in an organised, hierarchical, group with a leader who's orders they all follow is unbelievable and would require serious cognitive dissonance to accept.
Anarchists, by definition, aren't for being organised and ordered around, the clue is right there in the name.
The are many other things they could be, independents, separatists, rebels .etc, but not anarchists.
I don't know if you are familiar with Vampire the Masquerade lore but W2H takes heavy inspiration from that universe it seems.
The Anarchs in this game are similar to the Sabbat from VTM. They're pretty much the bad guys and cannon fodder to kill.
They use blood bonds to keep the lower ranks controlled so killing the head of the snake can cut those bonds.
Now the MC becoming their new leader is just another Gary Stu miracle.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
JAN 3, 2022 AT 5:17 PM
Status Update EP:05 - Welcome To Hell
1641401159771.png
Hi everyone, let's go to the first update of 2022!
I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve! Now let's talk about W2H.
In spite of the end of the year festivities, we are advancing day after day in the development of the season finale, and I can say that a lot of things are happening at this moment of creation.
I didn't post preview images because all the images I have ready will give you a crucial spoiler for the game, but don't worry, I'm already preparing a series of images to post that will not spoil the experience.

Currently, we have:
Static render = 250
Animations = 9
Writing = 2000 lines

A big hug to everyone
NoobPROGames

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
I'm looking at the walkthrough but I am still sort of confused as to how I get on the harem route. I also feel like I'm going to be missing a bunch of scenes by going that route which is unfortunate.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I'm looking at the walkthrough but I am still sort of confused as to how I get on the harem route. I also feel like I'm going to be missing a bunch of scenes by going that route which is unfortunate.
Like I said in my walkthrough post, there are many paths in the game, and the harem route is not clean yet (at least in my opinion). You will always miss scenes no matter what path you take (unless someone creates a walkthrough mod or you edit the jumps).

Eversmann122

Jul 11, 2018
good or bad all scenes/route are tied to the values on the choices.

example: the scene after finding lily and you have to decide to either go with lily, bele or leave alone, as the walkthrough stats each choice awards 10 pts, you can edit the value of both of them to 10 and still go alone and still have it play out like you went with them.
Now the most important fact of this.... as stated everything is tied to the character/route relationship values so your game WILL become a confusing hot mess and may/ probably break your save later (or not as some values are reset to 0 between chapters depending on choices)

On this the Dev might want to change how this works to having things tied to choices instead of values since that will prolly make your life easier down the line once the game becomes bigger. Also will more than likely make it easier to keep track of route/event paths.

bjhbjh1234 Glad someone decided to write a walkthrough as I REALLY didn't want to, was tempted but just kept putting it off cuz I had no idea how was gonna do it with this game lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
good or bad all scenes/route are tied to the values on the choices.

example: the scene after finding lily and you have to decide to either go with lily, bele or leave alone, as the walkthrough stats each choice awards 10 pts, you can edit the value of both of them to 10 and still go alone and still have it play out like you went with them.
Now the most important fact of this.... as stated everything is tied to the character/route relationship values so your game WILL become a confusing hot mess and may/ probably break your save later (or not as some values are reset to 0 between chapters depending on choices)

On this the Dev might want to change how this works to having things tied to choices instead of values since that will prolly make your life easier down the line once the game becomes bigger. Also will more than likely make it easier to keep track of route/event paths.

bjhbjh1234 Glad someone decided to write a walkthrough as I REALLY didn't want to, was tempted but just kept putting it off cuz I had no idea how was gonna do it with this game lol.
Thanks. It was difficult since the script is in Spanish/Portuguese (do not remember which one), so that made it more difficult. I probably should double check the choices that get reset each chapter to make sure I get them all.

I also agree that having true/false variables would probably work better in the future, but that is ultimately up to the creator (but it would make seeing which choices affect which better).

Eversmann122

Jul 11, 2018
There is one thing (route) that has me confused or concerned in this game and that is the harem route.

Gonna put this in spoiler as not to spoil anyone who hasn't played yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aside from that specific scene/event its a interesting story but could use some fixes in the pacing and how the scenes are tied together in some parts as some times you jump from one place to another with seemingly no time passing or flip-flop between characters at weird times but overall its a solid piece so far.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
JAN 3, 2022 AT 5:17 PM
Status Update EP:05 - Welcome To Hell
View attachment 1581194
Hi everyone, let's go to the first update of 2022!
I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve! Now let's talk about W2H.
In spite of the end of the year festivities, we are advancing day after day in the development of the season finale, and I can say that a lot of things are happening at this moment of creation.
I didn't post preview images because all the images I have ready will give you a crucial spoiler for the game, but don't worry, I'm already preparing a series of images to post that will not spoil the experience.

Currently, we have:
Static render = 250
Animations = 9
Writing = 2000 lines

A big hug to everyone
NoobPROGames
Everytime I see this person(forgot game name) I think of Saul Hudson(Slash) from GnR :)

• Haha

jackstranger21

Jan 3, 2018
Olha eu só tenho a agradecer por esse jogo, primeiro por ser em português, e pela historia me segurar a noite inteira! Infelizmente cenas de sexo só tive praticamente a obrigatoria, talvez fui muito entretido pela historia e acabei me saindo mal não conseguindo elas, mas estou apaixonado pelo rumo que está levando. Apesar de ter jogado só hoje espero que atualização para o próximo capitulo esteja próximo! Obrigado por essa raridade S2

(desculpe pela tradução do google )

Look, I just have to thank you for this game, first for being in Portuguese, and for the story that kept me going all night! Unfortunately, I only had sex scenes that were practically mandatory, maybe I was too entertained by the story and I ended up doing badly not getting them but I'm in love with the direction it's taking. Although I only played today, I hope the update for the next chapter is coming soon! Thank you for this rarity S2

(sorry for the google translation)

• Red Heart
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes