VN Ren'Py Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles [Remastered v0.1.0] [NoobPRO Games]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Kylphor

Jun 5, 2021
W2H has the potential to be a top-tier VN. Beautiful models, great quality renders/animations, and most importantly, story arcs that captivate. IMHO, so many VNs focus far too much on the fan service (while important) but fall short on drawing the player into the story. W2H is rocking the formula very well so far in addition to being a fairly rare vampire-themed VN.

Best advice to the Dev (NoobPROGames): Don't mess with the balance (Visuals VS Story)...you've nailed it so far.

Thanks for sharing your work...couldn't be more excited to see this awsome VN develop. Well done so far!

• Red Heart
Reactions: NoobPROGames

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
70%. November will be a beautiful month since many updates from the games I'm following get updated
And if lucky, this game will also be updated in November

NoobPROGames

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2021
Just finished the current version and was pleasantly surprised.
Interesting story, cute girls and very good audio.
The game has its flaws, but it was very entertaining without a boring moment.
Has the potential to be a 5/5 game.

Here are some flaws/suggestions:

Translation
The english translation is pretty meh, it often sounds unnatural and the original meaning of some sentences seem to be lost in translation. It also has various grammar mistakes.
The game is portuguese by default (it should be english because most players are english) and after setting it to english some interface prompts are still in portuguese.
Also there's one instance where the english text takes up 4 lines, so the last line is half off-screen.

Story
The beginning where MC walks through an alley with his GF and then suddenly his mother randomly gets shot in the same alley doesn't really make any sense... What was she even doing there? This part should probably be rewritten.
The leader of the Anarchists is a bit too much of a comic-book-villain, whose plan would cause every vampire in the city to be hunted down by the government and probably be exterminated. This should probably be toned down a bit or his plans and motivations should be better explained at least.
The part where a main character dies, just to be revived one week later, will probably make future deaths less meaningful and the story less interesting if the main characters are guaranteed to never die.
MC is basically Superman with 200 IQ. I personally like it in this setting, but many people find perfect characters without flaws boring.

Audio
Many (all?) ambient audio tracks are not looping properly and stutter when restarting at the beginning.
1 or 2 music tracks are lower volume than the others. They should be normalized to be the same volume.

Animation
Animation is the weakest part of the game. The main screen intro looks great, but most of the rest is pretty terrible.
Many animations run at like 2-3 FPS and look very awkward. A single image would be better here. Only the bathroom handjob scene is funny because the beat syncs up with the hand movement.
The animations with higher FPS are often very robotic looking. The scene where the Anarchist leader stomps someone's head looks worse than the first Mickey Mouse episode from the 1920s and doesn't even loop properly.

Right now this game is somewhere between 4-5 stars for me and I'm looking forward to the next release.
Not rating it yet because I would give it a 4 now and probably forgot about updating my score later.

P.S. It should be mentioned on the main page that v0.3 "only" contains 2 chapters. I kinda assumed 0.3 = 3 chapters and was disappointed when the current game suddenly ended after chapter 2.

Hello wiwek71072 thank you very much for your constructive criticism, this is very important for game development.
I'll send the update in last week's patreon with some ideas for the game.
The v0.3 is correct, just an oversight of mine in not describing where v0.1 ends.
[v0.1] closes with Anabelle's message.

Status Update EP:04 - Welcome To Hell 70% Patreon
Hello guys, let's get to the week's updates!
This week was an extension of the previous week, I finished the renderings from the meeting of the First Born, that was very hard to do. I had to render in different parts and assemble the images accordingly, but the final result was very good.
I hope one day I can dream with the rtx3090 video card *nervous laughter* but here in Brazil this card is costing R$ 25k, believe me it's the price of my car.
I still have two big events left to render and write, then I will start the revision of the whole episode that will have the official release in november, with no delays.
Here are some plans I have for the game:

1. When will the end of season 1 occur?
The end of season 1 will occur in episode 05, closing the Anarchists arc (for now).

2. “I played the beginning of the game and it didn't catch my attention”
As soon as the 1st season is finished, I intend to re-release episode 01. As everyone knows the 1st episode has only 200 static renders and no animations. I intend to triple the number of renders and include at least 30 animations. I believe that remaking the first episode will be a very simple task, because all the story is ready, and other details. I stipulate a deadline of 60 days to complete the whole process, but I want you to participate in this decision with me. So, I will make a poll soon for we to decide together what is best for the project.

3. Why redo the first episode?
As I said, I want to create a good impression since the very first moment of the game. I’ve heard comments from players who abandoned the game precisely because they didn't like the initial graphics or simply the camera and lighting system. I will not change anything that happens in the first episode, the basic story is the same.
I also want to give the MC the power of choice whether he wants to kiss Lily in the alley or kiss Anabelle in the nightclub, it will be his choice now. The MC will be free to decide initially which girl he wants to kiss, or kiss both, or neither of them. It’s up to you to decide!

4. Will there be any more changes in NoobPROGames?
Yes, by remaking the first episode I also intend to remake all the variables of the game and change the code. But why is that?
That’s simple, the first episode has no code and no variables and that’s what I want to change. I want you to have the pleasure of playing the game with different paths from the beginning giving you a better experience in the game.
One of the reasons is also to prepare the game for the harem tag which is currently listed in the game description, but which does not have yet a defined path.
I must remember that whoever chooses this path must be prepared for the consequences, after all we are not dealing with hysterical and depressive humans. We are dealing with powerful Vampires who may not react very well knowing that they are betrayed. *(Don't expect fidelity from a betrayed vampire!)
From the 2nd season on, the whole script of the original game will be done in native English, not only subtitled, but why?
Simple, I want our game to circulate everywhere and english is spoken everywhere in the world, very different from portuguese *lol*. This makes it easier to be translated into other languages.
Today I have a friend who is fluent in English and does all the translation of the game for me, so why not change all the script and make it easier for my players to create mods step by step?
That's it for now, let's make all the decisions together, ok? I won't do anything without your support.

Best regards, NoobPROGames.

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
Been awhile and no update news dont tell me yove abandoned us ?
It's only been 3 months since the last release and a week since the last progress update. Some games takes 6 months for a release. It's only 3 months and you're afraid that the game has been abandoned. You're adorable to worry like that

• Red Heart

Valeck

Aug 16, 2017
One of the reasons is also to prepare the game for the harem tag which is currently listed in the game description, but which does not have yet a defined path.
I must remember that whoever chooses this path must be prepared for the consequences, after all we are not dealing with hysterical and depressive humans. We are dealing with powerful Vampires who may not react very well knowing that they are betrayed. *(Don't expect fidelity from a betrayed vampire!)
So if we want to play this as a harem we will be punished and cheated?
Very sad development but thanks for telling this early because that is not what I seek when playing a game.

Reactions: verzauberung

NoobPROGames

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2021
ATUALIZAÇÃO 16-11.png

Guys we are in the final stage, almost everything is ready. I am testing right now the game on Windows version.
I'm doing the detailed work, playing it slowly, looking at the images and fixing some mistakes with photoshop and correcting spelling errors. Small things have to be done, like adapting some songs that didn't fit well with the text.
I wanted to say a lot of things, but anything I could say now might ruin the game experience with some spoilers.
I will post the release date of the v0.4 update, but it may happen much earlier.

1. ($50) Vampire Prince= 7 days before: 23/11
2. ($25) First-born= 7 days before: 23/11
3. ($15) Vampire Elder= 7 days before: 23/11
4. ($10) Vampire= 5 days before: 25/11
5. ($5) Protector= 3 days before: 27/11
6. ($2) Human= 1 day before: 29/11

Once again I will thank you all for supporting my project and believing in me as a developer. Nine months ago I said here on Patreon: “if you give me a chance I will always bring an update better than the Other.” And I believe I am improving and learning a lot each release.
This episode I studied new renderings and in the middle of the episode, some renderings were very good in my point of view. Of course my vídeo card won’t let me reach superior qualities, but what I lack in vídeo quality, I will compensate with a good story.
This V0.4 update comes with the purpose of preparing all the story for the season finale. Be aware of your choices. They might not have a way back.

NoobPROGames

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Harry6hp

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
View attachment 1503772

Guys we are in the final stage, almost everything is ready. I am testing right now the game on Windows version.
I'm doing the detailed work, playing it slowly, looking at the images and fixing some mistakes with photoshop and correcting spelling errors. Small things have to be done, like adapting some songs that didn't fit well with the text.
I wanted to say a lot of things, but anything I could say now might ruin the game experience with some spoilers.
I will post the release date of the v0.4 update, but it may happen much earlier.

1. ($50) Vampire Prince= 7 days before: 23/11
2. ($25) First-born= 7 days before: 23/11
3. ($15) Vampire Elder= 7 days before: 23/11
4. ($10) Vampire= 5 days before: 25/11
5. ($5) Protector= 3 days before: 27/11
6. ($2) Human= 1 day before: 29/11

Once again I will thank you all for supporting my project and believing in me as a developer. Nine months ago I said here on Patreon: “if you give me a chance I will always bring an update better than the Other.” And I believe I am improving and learning a lot each release.
This episode I studied new renderings and in the middle of the episode, some renderings were very good in my point of view. Of course my vídeo card won’t let me reach superior qualities, but what I lack in vídeo quality, I will compensate with a good story.
This V0.4 update comes with the purpose of preparing all the story for the season finale. Be aware of your choices. They might not have a way back.

NoobPROGames
7 days before: 23/11???? What does that mean? Before 23/11 or before the end of month??? It's so confusing

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes