VN Ren'Py Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles [Remastered v0.2.0] [NoobPRO Games]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Korp

Sep 8, 2018
I love when the devs, just go back in time, and think a remaster is all the game needs, why dont you admit that you like milking people, i think would be much easier, you trying to cover the sun with a sheet of paper and telling people there is no sun, seems like a very brainded thing to do.

Which is a shame cuz i enjoyed the story of the game, and the models and especially the animations, this is clearly a lack of insight in your community.

Damien112

Jul 21, 2019
I love when the devs, just go back in time, and think a remaster is all the game needs, why dont you admit that you like milking people, i think would be much easier, you trying to cover the sun with a sheet of paper and telling people there is no sun, seems like a very brainded thing to do.

Which is a shame cuz i enjoyed the story of the game, and the models and especially the animations, this is clearly a lack of insight in your community.
Yeah i might full on drop this because of this remaster stuff, the start of the story was definitely a bit rough but it got better as the story progressed, if the dev planned to remaster earlier chapters for more content with the major strokes being generally the same, it should have been done when the story ended.
Remastering an unfinished story when you aren't capable enough o release both new and remastered content simultaneously is a good way to lose a payer base, no one is going to be willing to invest their time and support in a game where the story is simply a rehash and won't catch up to the main timeline for years to come. It's not like this has a particularly swift release cycle so all this remaster does is kill my motivation and willingness to show any support since I know I am not gonna get anything for my support for years until the remaster catches up to the main timeline.

69Creampie

Oct 1, 2024
If i understand the notice in the changelog correctly its pretty pointless to play this capped release...then let me be the first one asking the most urgent question: When will the remastering be finished? (month, not version ^^)
Probably 2026 at the earliest is my guess before the story continues, forget what month. There's still 5 more updates to go back and re-render. I never understood why devs simply don't release anything until they can do it right the first time, seems that would be far easier. Like the 7P's of the military: proper preparation and planning prevents piss-poor performance.

MiltonPowers

Twins Basil! Twins!
Donor
Jul 26, 2023
Probably 2026 at the earliest is my guess before the story continues, forget what month. There's still 5 more updates to go back and re-render. I never understood why devs simply don't release anything until they can do it right the first time, seems that would be far easier. Like the 7P's of the military: proper preparation and planning prevents piss-poor performance.
IIRC he was only doing 1&2, then New Chapter 8, then alternating between updates/reworks, so if nothing's changed, next update should be Chapter 8.

Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
What does it say? The image might be missing in the full release as well, encountered one like that the other day and was in the uncompressed release as well.
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('cap05g_344b.jpg') at 0x000000000a129580>:
OSError: Couldn't find file 'cap05g_344b.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2818, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1352, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 900, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 376, in render
return render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 900, in render
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 510, in render
renders = [ render(i, renwidth, renheight, st, at) for i in children ]
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 510, in <listcomp>
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1361, in render
surf = render(child,
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 957, in render
return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 978, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 413, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 626, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 309, in get
surf = image.load()
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 761, in load
raise e
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 711, in load
filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename, directory="images")
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 672, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Welcome To Hell 0.2.0
Tue Oct 8 12:44:30 2024

dedalo_69

Forum Fanatic
Sep 6, 2021
1728383075686.png
Welcome to Hell - The Vampire Chronicles -
Dedalo_69 Walkthrough/Cheat/Improvement Mod
[Remastered v0.2.0] [NoobPRO Games]

1728383006452.png
Hey guys, I updated LaikDink's WT Mod to [Remastered v0.2.0], continuing in his footsteps.

I hope you like it...

See you next time ;)

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
damn this is taking forever...being the third rework and after i started over 4 times, now i will wait...don't know how many chapters will will reworked, hope it's not all of them or i never see the end of this story.... damn rework curse

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Wow Dev is actually Gaining followers on Patron with this *Remaster* shit

I cannot believe that people want remasters of Unfinished Projects more then actual finished projects.

What a Shit Show
Never, ever, doubt the stupidity of the human race. They will always have the upper hand.
I personally can't understand uncompleted remaster. It is like a dlc before a game is complete.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('cap05g_344b.jpg') at 0x000000000a129580>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2818, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1352, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 376, in render
return render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 510, in render
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 510, in <listcomp>
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 968, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1361, in render
surf = render(child,
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 957, in render
return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 978, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 413, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 626, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 309, in get
surf = image.load()
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 761, in load
raise e
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 711, in load
filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename, directory="images")
File "F:\Games\My Documents\Downloads\LOP\Welcome_To_Hell-0.2.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 672, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Welcome To Hell 0.2.0
Tue Oct 8 12:44:30 2024
Yeah, it's a missing image, it's missing in the uncompressed version and get the same error as well.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
New player, do both versions have the same story and remastered just has more touched up art? Or should I play 0.71 first because its more complete even if its not as pretty?

Tried a quick search and noticed the other person who just asked the same think above, but Im still not sure.

Reactions: KhaiFirst
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes