3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Did a bug sending you
I dont know. Maybe it's a bug, maybe not. This is not the point. The mess is added by continuous jumping of scenes, one after another. It's not like a consistent story. It's more like some heap. Just different backgrounds change each other with no reason. You need, at least, to use a black screen, between completed scenes.And some explanation, at the beginning of the scene. "I went down to drink some water." "We went out into the hallway." Something like that. This will clarify all this mess.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I dont know. Maybe it's a bug, maybe not. This is not the point. The mess is added by continuous jumping of scenes, one after another. It's not like a consistent story. It's more like some heap. Just different backgrounds change each other with no reason. You need, at least, to use a black screen, between completed scenes.And some explanation, at the beginning of the scene. "I went down to drink some water." "We went out into the hallway." Something like that. This will clarify all this mess.
I can see your point. For me some of those transitions I was able to follow the logic and some I had to do a few times to keep up with it. I have seen that @carnalcardinal takes all of the feedback seriously and strives to use it to improve. This after all a very new game and I think will improve with every version due to feedback such as yours.

Reactions: thecardinal

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
True dat.

Yeah, the transitions are messy, my writing and my coding aren't up to par, but I'm learning. 0.3 won't be so rushed, and I think you will be satisfied if you decide to stick around and give it one more try.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
True dat.

Yeah, the transitions are messy, my writing and my coding aren't up to par, but I'm learning. 0.3 won't be so rushed, and I think you will be satisfied if you decide to stick around and give it one more try.
Glad i can help.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I did a little coding back in the day and hated the fact that coding is very unforgiving. It only takes one mistyped character to mess the whole thing up and frustrating to find.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
And some explanation, at the beginning of the scene. "I went down to drink some water." "We went out into the hallway." Something like that. This will clarify all this mess.
Actually, this exact "i need water" is in the game before Sofia's scene. Though, i do agree that it can be kinda confusing. But i see backgrounds as more of a issue than text. Text is okay for me if a bit too quick sometimes, because of all these new characters. I kinda miss the usual introductions (but wiki might just work for that purpose).
Overall, wasn't such big of a deal for me as reader. We all read in different manner of course.

Reactions: ut1stgear

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Actually, this exact "i need water" is in the game before Sofia's scene. Though, i do agree that it can be kinda confusing. But i see backgrounds as more of a issue than text. Text is okay for me if a bit too quick sometimes, because of all these new characters. I kinda miss the usual introductions (but wiki might just work for that purpose).
Overall, wasn't such big of a deal for me as reader. We all read in different manner of course.
Yes I saw that message so that was one I could keep up with. It's so hard to create that needed balance between rushing output and taking too long for the next update. I have also noticed that the definition of "content" is a very personal one. Some think content means more sex regardless of story advancement. Some it means more story regardless of sex scenes. That balance is also critical to being successful in a long-term game. Then there are the devs that can't take criticism of any kind and those who want more than they need. Oh what a world we live in here. lol

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Yes I saw that message so that was one I could keep up with. It's so hard to create that needed balance between rushing output and taking too long for the next update. I have also noticed that the definition of "content" is a very personal one. Some think content means more sex regardless of story advancement. Some it means more story regardless of sex scenes. That balance is also critical to being successful in a long-term game. Then there are the devs that can't take criticism of any kind and those who want more than they need. Oh what a world we live in here. lol
I'm in third category. By "content", i usually mean everything that each update brings. Story or sex, it doesn't matter for me. It all falls to length. I read and can enjoy them both pretty much the same if it's good overall. You bring the good points about balance. If it's off, game surely starts to feel strange. But i mean, there is always some who enjoy only one side. Taking into account some popular games, they too sometimes not that balanced. So that means balance is not always needed to be perfect for success. About your last point, devs on Patreon is people. And usual people like we are, more or less. Most we see are not pros in any sense of word. And most are learning. That mostly explains all hardships and behaviour. I also think that most players would prefer polished and bug-free release with lots of content to rushed one. But again, it comes to the patreon money.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
It is really tough to find the right balance. I've played games at both extremes.

I mean we all know the intended outcome of these games. If Sera teases Miles for 15 updates with no sex, it just teases the players and patrons while you take their money.

Too many devs in it for the money only, dump the game when not getting enough money, delay updates when it gets a lot of money. My Patreon receives pledges per update. If I have to take longer than a month, you don't pay until I produce.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I mean we all know the intended outcome of these games. If Sera teases Miles for 15 updates with no sex, it just teases the players and patrons while you take their money.
But we also know few popular games that have "tease" as main fetish, using it through the game with master skill. And games that use story\plot with heavy romance element or other, managing to bring and keep your attention even without actual sex in the early versions. Or longer than that. Yes, we know intended outcome. But it's a hard topic to just say outright imo. I don't mind either of extremes if it's done right.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Drendari

May 18, 2018
I'm a big fan of MrDots for that reason (one of the reasons, I should say). He teases/takes it really slow with the main character but has side characters (that're actually people as well, not just pretty looking holes) for some action in between.

Reactions: Dilettante

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I'm a big fan of MrDots for that reason (one of the reasons, I should say). He teases/takes it really slow with the main character but has side characters (that're actually people as well, not just pretty looking holes) for some action in between.
Yep, him and few others i'm fan of too. Side characters is working perfectly as "meat to keep wolves happy". But like i said, i don't have clear preference. Some games i play and love don't have much of a story. But sex scenes, models are hot. I'd like to say "different games for different mood". Sometimes you want to read, sometimes you're tired of that.

Reactions: Drendari

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Let me do a quick comparison between a professional studio and a dev. Dev has started a game "Strange Nights" based on a professional game "Life is Strange". LIS is complete and a great game if you can play it due to really tight hot spots and probably doesn't contain nudity/sex but is very popular. Strange Nights" is using the same game engine and just started to develop but is also copying the basic story and characters as well as a time reversal skill with a strong sexual component. I think it will become popular if he doesn't run into copyright issues. I've played both and enjoy them but stuck on LIS due to trying to find a way to find a way to hit all the hot spots. LIS was produced in 2015 with 5 episodes that you can play from Steam but only episode 1 is free so if I get through 1 I might go on to 2-5.

Nice to know you do WTT on a per update basis.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Yep, him and few others i'm fan of too. Side characters is working perfectly as "meat to keep wolves happy". But like i said, i don't have clear preference. Some games i play and love don't have much of a story. But sex scenes, models are hot. I'd like to say "different games for different mood". Sometimes you want to read, sometimes you're tired of that.
I agree with both of you and would like to add Man Of the House to that list. I enjoyed MrDots DMD and so far Melody. I didn't enjoy Big Brother though even though I pushed myself to get to the end. Dev was in the business of dumping updates.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Let me add Man of the House to the games that keep peoples interest and does it with 2 week releases. Some have sex and some story and some both but always moving one or more characters forward. Faerin is always on top of his F95 thread and quick to fix bugs.

Wow what a delay in posting my previous post.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I could never get past the grind of Big Brother or Man of the House, as good as the content ended up being.
The interface of MotH is beautifully coded and looks great, but my first five minutes of the game were spent getting milk.

And I am aware of the hypocrisy of me complaining about another game's interface

Drendari

May 18, 2018
Its why I prefer straight up stories over grindy games tho, granted I do kinda like MofH, but with everything maxed to kill the grind a bit. BB looks *beautifull* but thats about all it has going for it (Aunt Kira <3).

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I could never get past the grind of Big Brother or Man of the House, as good as the content ended up being.
The interface of MotH is beautifully coded and looks great, but my first five minutes of the game were spent getting milk.

And I am aware of the hypocrisy of me complaining about another game's interface
Couldn't said it better myself. Already said that i love classic visual novels. I only play sandboxy games like these with cheats at my hand. Hate grind.

Reactions: thecardinal

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018

you hypocrite you. MOtH is easy now since I use the cheat phone. Do an update in a very short time but it was very grindy to get to that point.

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes