3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
OK time for some feedback.
The renders are really sweet, all different models, really nice.
The story is interesting so far. Not much choices for the moment but it's still the intro.
Now, I also had the backdrops problems, really strange to kiss the mom in front of Ella.
And something else bugged me, there is no real transitions between scenes. It's like you're teleported from a place to another and right into action. It's a bit confusing.
Still a nice game and will come back to it with the next updates.
Keep up the good work.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Pretty good so far but super short. Took about 15 mins to complete.

For starters that pointer has to go, it is WAY too hard to see on the screen, I lost it almost constantly.

Also I cannot stand the GF, every other character is super friendly and nice, and she is just a raging bitch the entire time. Wish there was some content that didn't include her.
If you read fast then yes, maybe 15 minutes. But it's not 15 minutes figuring out the interface, trying to find the trigger for next scene, getting items.

I could make the pointer red, but I love it too much to let it go.

She is supposed to be, kinda central to her plot. If by content you mean sexual content then yeah, you won't have to wait very long (spoiler for 0.3) but I do believe you saw a bit of everybody in the update.

OK time for some feedback.
The renders are really sweet, all different models, really nice.
The story is interesting so far. Not much choices for the moment but it's still the intro.
Now, I also had the backdrops problems, really strange to kiss the mom in front of Ella.
And something else bugged me, there is no real transitions between scenes. It's like you're teleported from a place to another and right into action. It's a bit confusing.
Still a nice game and will come back to it with the next updates.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks, yeah the backdrop thing I knew about, Naked Ella staying while he kisses the mom I didn't know about. :(

There will be an update today or tomorrow where I fix a few bugs. This one was really down to the wire cause I didn't want to go back on my promise of an update on the 10th.

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
I'm not in a hurry whatsoever.
Take the time you need. The premise of the story is good enough for me... Can't expect a top notch game from a 0.2 of a first game.
You'll get there in time, no worries.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm still working on backdrops and transitions. The Sera and Mark seems we're characters on a static backdrop, very similar to how Summertime Saga is coded.

In the future they will be rendered with environment and maybe a backdrop with a depth of field. The Raquel scene in 0.2 was like that, and I think that one was the most aesthetically pleasing in this update.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I guess I misunderstood what the ending(s) would be. Got all three paths you mentioned. Serafina seems to be the ending for all of them with slight differences for each path. There is a 4th one by choosing to include friends though, will have to see if it changes the Serafina ending depending on your choice or not. Was hoping for more of Carina than just the downblouse though. All in all a very nice update. Technically Sofia is not his mother-in-law but if they really plan on getting married I guess he could think of her in that way. Dad is kind of a dufuss but I can see him becoming a problem along with the MC friends. I wrestled in HS and at least one of those was not legal but very interesting. Good thing the MC doesn't have asthma. lol Gotta wonder if MC is going to hook up with Mark's ex or not. Mark is a jerk and so are the MC's friends are jerks. I don't remember seeing Carina's other friend though so far. All I can think of right now. Doing a great job Abby, keep it up.

Reactions: thecardinal

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Gotta wonder if MC is going to hook up with Mark's ex or not. Mark is a jerk and so are the MC's friends are jerks.
I like it!! It never occurred to me that I should include Jess Webster in the game, she was just a plot device. She's gonna be in 0.3 or 0.4 now. You thought of it first, so I'll let you choose what she looks like. Be as descriptive or vague as you like. Post it here or drop me a PM and I will make a custom character tonight while I fix the bugs in 0.2

And the Sera ending doesn't change. The branching paths in this update are for Ella only. There will be an option in 0.3 to choose which path you took (kinda like the episode select at the beginning) so you don't have to play ALL of 0.1 and 0.2 to explore other paths

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I like it!! It never occurred to me that I should include Jess Webster in the game, she was just a plot device. She's gonna be in 0.3 or 0.4 now. You thought of it first, so I'll let you choose what she looks like. Be as descriptive or vague as you like. Post it here or drop me a PM and I will make a custom character tonight while I fix the bugs in 0.2
Wow. Thx. Have to think about that. Let's see, Mark is not only a jerk but a real horndog and very hooked on himself so what would he want. I guess a little back story is in order. She was/is a cheerleader but not head. They broke up because Mark went after the head cheerleader. Being a little put off he went after Sarafina who was an easier conquest. Jess couldn't find another boyfriend so she showed up at the party because Mark was so good in bed but not to get back with him, it was just a booty call.
How she looks. Cheerleader fit of course. Athletic legs with tight abs and slightly larger breasts than Serfina. Asian with black hair and if you can do it, slanted eyes. Prefers lighter, almost pink, shaded red lipstick. Somewhat conservative in her choice of everyday clothes but really likes to show off her figure, which is well proportioned, in her choice of cheerleader outfit, low-cut but you need a downblouse to see anything. Prefers one-piece swimwear but not opposed to wearing a bikini for the right person, could that be the MC, hmm.
Sexually she was a virgin when she an Mark hooked up but is now somewhere between a prude and a slut but not very creative on her own but can be "convinced" to do some wild things by her partner. Mark actually was unsuccessful in that department, though he tried, so it's up to the MC to further her education.

Hope that gives you enough to work with.

Edit: Thought of something else. She will change her hair color or just highlight it depending on her mood. If she's horny it will be one color, mad another, in a leave me alone it will natural black or having different moods will have different highlights or streaks so it's up to the MC (player) to figure out the best approach for that day. Of course it can create many paths one or more of which can an end game.

Jun 26, 2017
Love what you have so far, Cardinal! Can't wait to see more from you! The wiki was an excellent touch - well done there.
The wiki doesn't respect character name customization though - small immersion breaker when trying to get the character relationships straight.

This game definitely got added to my watchlist.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Seems like everyone already said what needed to be said about update in terms of backdrops and pointer color, so i'll just say that i completed all branches and very enjoyed what you did for Ella. It's definitely interesting choices and honestly she's a lot more open-minded than i anticipated. Pictured her as just more of a classic jealous type. But she's adventurous. We will see how far she would be willing to go i guess.
As for the other things, loved that Sofia is the one doing the first step. Conflicted feelings is my thing. Though, I'm betting next encounter with her would be pretty awkward. Her husband is pictured just how i expected him to be.
Mark showed himself pretty much as jerk-ish as i pictured too (that idea to kinda hook up with that Jess Webster is certainly not bad). Not sure what to think about MC's other two friends yet. Doesn't seem like a great bros.
Carina and Serafina... both seem kinda ready to compete with Ella and maybe even enter love triangle. Katya's path look "easy", but who knows what secrets she has.
Scene with Raquel was pretty hilarious and showed that she's very much hesitant about her true feelings too. We will see. Excited about what's coming next.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Wow. Thx. Have to think about that. Let's see, Mark is not only a jerk but a real horndog and very hooked on himself so what would he want. I guess a little back story is in order. She was/is a cheerleader but not head. They broke up because Mark went after the head cheerleader. Being a little put off he went after Sarafina who was an easier conquest. Jess couldn't find another boyfriend so she showed up at the party because Mark was so good in bed but not to get back with him, it was just a booty call.
How she looks. Cheerleader fit of course. Athletic legs with tight abs and slightly larger breasts than Serfina. Asian with black hair and if you can do it, slanted eyes. Prefers lighter, almost pink, shaded red lipstick. Somewhat conservative in her choice of everyday clothes but really likes to show off her figure, which is well proportioned, in her choice of cheerleader outfit, low-cut but you need a downblouse to see anything. Prefers one-piece swimwear but not opposed to wearing a bikini for the right person, could that be the MC, hmm.
Sexually she was a virgin when she an Mark hooked up but is now somewhere between a prude and a slut but not very creative on her own but can be "convinced" to do some wild things by her partner. Mark actually was unsuccessful in that department, though he tried, so it's up to the MC to further her education.

Hope that gives you enough to work with.

Edit: Thought of something else. She will change her hair color or just highlight it depending on her mood. If she's horny it will be one color, mad another, in a leave me alone it will natural black or having different moods will have different highlights or streaks so it's up to the MC (player) to figure out the best approach for that day. Of course it can create many paths one or more of which can an end game.
Lol. That's a lot! Busty Asian cheerleader with a wild side and died hair. She has a reputation, so don't think she will be a prude. I will render two options tomorrow and PM you.

please Change the mouse Color. black on black is really confusing ;)
Changing to read with 0.2b which I will put out in a few days

Love what you have so far, Cardinal! Can't wait to see more from you! The wiki was an excellent touch - well done there.
The wiki doesn't respect character name customization though - small immersion breaker when trying to get the character relationships straight.

This game definitely got added to my watchlist.
I forgot all about the wiki. It needs some attention for sure. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Seems like everyone already said what needed to be said about update in terms of backdrops and pointer color, so i'll just say that i completed all branches and very enjoyed what you did for Ella. It's definitely interesting choices and honestly she's a lot more open-minded than i anticipated. Pictured her as just more of a classic jealous type. But she's adventurous. We will see how far she would be willing to go i guess.
As for the other things, loved that Sofia is the one doing the first step. Conflicted feelings is my thing. Though, I'm betting next encounter with her would be pretty awkward. Her husband is pictured just how i expected him to be.
Mark showed himself pretty much as jerk-ish as i pictured too (that idea to kinda hook up with that Jess Webster is certainly not bad). Not sure what to think about MC's other two friends yet. Doesn't seem like a great bros.
Carina and Serafina... both seem kinda ready to compete with Ella and maybe even enter love triangle. Katya's path look "easy", but who knows what secrets she has.
Scene with Raquel was pretty hilarious and showed that she's very much hesitant about her true feelings too. We will see. Excited about what's coming next.
Thank you!

I know there must be a few Ella fans out there, so hopefully they are happy with the paths I chose.

I've already got ideas about how these changes affect 0.3.

Only characters I am stumped on right now is Raquel and Sera. I will think of something for them next update. Maybe going out together without Ella

Reactions: Dilettante

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
So ignoring everything the overrused basic room asset (I will change the colours and layout a bit), this render was 6 minutes. I don't like doing anything over 10 for the most part (except for closeup pics) because my work schedule is super restrictive on my time.

Would a scene like this be better than the layered images? I think the quality is decent enough for game. Bedroom Test.png

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
So ignoring everything the overrused basic room asset (I will change the colours and layout a bit), this render was 6 minutes. I don't like doing anything over 10 for the most part (except for closeup pics) because my work schedule is super restrictive on my time.

Would a scene like this be better than the layered images? I think the quality is decent enough for game. View attachment 111335
I think it looks much better. Hand-drawn works better with layered, but it seems out of place to the point of distraction to me with 3DCG.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Agree with @bossapplesauce that this seems better than layered since you don't have to worry about layers showing through or previous images not being properly hidden.
Edit: This is an excellent render, very clear, I can even read the writing in the back ground but don't ask me to remember what it said. lol

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'll customize the environment so it's easier to render, add new props and furniture (cause we all hate seeing the same bedrooms and bathrooms in every Daz game), set up the lighting, and drop characters in when needed. I won't go back and change the 0.1 and 0.2 (though I am tempted), so 0.3 will have a spike in quality and a newer image style.

Will the main character end up being Carina's first kiss? :kissingheart:
CarinaKiss.png

3.80 star(s) 13 Votes