3.80 star(s) 13 Votes

seventhson

Aug 18, 2018
This may be a bit of a noob question, so apologies if carnalcardinal has answered in a previous post (I have tried to skim through but am still confused). Let me say up front that as someone who has just started dabbling with Daz and RenPy, I'm impressed at the amount of work and quality in the overall project.

I'm picking up this game now; am I right to start playing v0.3? I won't repeat the comments around transitions, which I know have previously been addressed, but I'm finding myself hurtling through a story and am getting really confused. At one stage the MC sends a text saying he's cheated on Ella - and I can't work out if that's referring to content I haven't seen, or if he's just feeling guilty about some of the border line sexual activity he's been engaging in.

I guess my question is: is it a case that episode 1 in v0.3 is the way it is because that was the first developed, and I should just push onwards through to the later episodes (which I'll be happy to do - I'm impressed at the quality of the artwork, especially the most recent screen caps, and the described story arcs are interesting)? Or is what is being presented a highlights reel to remind us what has happened and I'd get a fuller picture going back to v0.1?

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
This may be a bit of a noob question, so apologies if carnalcardinal has answered in a previous post (I have tried to skim through but am still confused). Let me say up front that as someone who has just started dabbling with Daz and RenPy, I'm impressed at the amount of work and quality in the overall project.

I'm picking up this game now; am I right to start playing v0.3? I won't repeat the comments around transitions, which I know have previously been addressed, but I'm finding myself hurtling through a story and am getting really confused. At one stage the MC sends a text saying he's cheated on Ella - and I can't work out if that's referring to content I haven't seen, or if he's just feeling guilty about some of the border line sexual activity he's been engaging in.

I guess my question is: is it a case that episode 1 in v0.3 is the way it is because that was the first developed, and I should just push onwards through to the later episodes (which I'll be happy to do - I'm impressed at the quality of the artwork, especially the most recent screen caps, and the described story arcs are interesting)? Or is what is being presented a highlights reel to remind us what has happened and I'd get a fuller picture going back to v0.1?
No worries. I know the story has moved fast, I am working on fixing the pacing in future updates and making events clearer for previous updates. The part at the beginning of 0.3 where he mentioned cheating in a text was AFTER the events of 0.3, but I could have been clearer about a little timeline jump. Sofia was the first time the MC has cheated on Ella. I won't change the events of past updates, but I will go back to add dialogue to make things clearer while continuing the story. And so future players don't have the same issues or questions.

I'll still give an option to jump to part 4 because I know how fickle those saves can be and you shouldn't have to replay from the beginning because of the save being incompatible. But as the choices increase in number, so will the questions at the beginning when you want to jump to a later episode without using a save.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Thought I would share something cool and be transparent about update times all in one. Been really pushing my daz abilities to the limit, trying to design and colour some nice looking buttholes for y'all.

So below you will see my best attempt (so far) at a butthole. Below that, you will see the node graphs I work with to get the texture/colour right. The green boxes are '.jpg' images, the grey boxes are settings. Each line in the grey boxes is a setting you can adjust to change the final output. So when I say I replace and tweak the textures in the game, this is what I do.

As for the butthole itself, I am trying to make it a tad more brown. But the shape great, in my opinion.

Kareo

Jan 5, 2018
I like that game and played every update. I am not sure if it's just me but i feel like the scenes skip to fast (jumpcuts).
The scene in the Kitchen with the mother for example when i "teleported" downstairs.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I like that game and played every update. I am not sure if it's just me but i feel like the scenes skip to fast (jumpcuts).
The scene in the Kitchen with the mother for example when i "teleported" downstairs.
Definitely not just you, it's an issue that gets brought up frequently and I am working on fixing it between all the butthole stuff on my bulletin board.

Reactions: Bakkalon

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Thought I would share something cool and be transparent about update times all in one. Been really pushing my daz abilities to the limit, trying to design and colour some nice looking buttholes for y'all.

So below you will see my best attempt (so far) at a butthole. Below that, you will see the node graphs I work with to get the texture/colour right. The green boxes are '.jpg' images, the grey boxes are settings. Each line in the grey boxes is a setting you can adjust to change the final output. So when I say I replace and tweak the textures in the game, this is what I do.

As for the butthole itself, I am trying to make it a tad more brown. But the shape great, in my opinion.

I've only played with DAZ a wee bit as my graphic card sucks. I have read a bit about doing renders and I was wondering if you did any post-production? Apparently you can fix things up in an app like Photoshop.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@bacchusplateau, I try to do as little postwork as I can. I'm a big fan of getting it right in the render settings so I don't have to fix something every time in postwork. There are definitely ways to save time in Daz, my new favorite is camera responses, would you're render looks it came from a high-end camera (I use the Kodak Kodachrome 64 to get my colours vivid)

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Just downloaded to give this a try after seeing your amazing renderings in other threads-and really like the overall layout/look of the game to start-the Wiki is a great idea! Will it be dynamic, i.e. change slightly each chapter based on our choices?

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Just downloaded to give this a try after seeing your amazing renderings in other threads-and really like the overall layout/look of the game to start-the Wiki is a great idea! Will it be dynamic, i.e. change slightly each chapter based on our choices?
Thank you! As a new player you might see jumps in quality and the storyline is a bit disjointed, but you will see improvements in the future.

I plan on having the wiki dependent on the gameplay. But the next update won't see a change to the interface of the game, I am 100% focused on telling a better and smoother story while delivering the best renders I can.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Thank you! As a new player you might see jumps in quality and the storyline is a bit disjointed, but you will see improvements in the future.

I plan on having the wiki dependent on the gameplay. But the next update won't see a change to the interface of the game, I am 100% focused on telling a better and smoother story while delivering the best renders I can.
In Chapter 1, did you superimpose the characters onto the backgrounds, and then by Chapter 3 you were integrating them (and of course based on your previews you have upped the rendering game considerably for 0.4)
The wiki being dependent sounds great for the future, I was kind of envisioning it serving as a minor hint system in lieu of having to check an external walkthrough as the project becomes more complex.

Reactions: thecardinal

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
In Chapter 1, did you superimpose the characters onto the backgrounds, and then by Chapter 3 you were integrating them (and of course based on your previews you have upped the rendering game considerably for 0.4)
The wiki being dependent sounds great for the future, I was kind of envisioning it serving as a minor hint system in lieu of having to check an external walkthrough as the project becomes more complex.
That is exactly what I did. :closedeyesmile: I haven't changed my software or anything on my computer since starting the game, i just got better.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I'm focusing on writing the next few days while I render some scenes I have saved. Got the main plot points decided for 0.4, but there is always room for extra scenes.

Any characters you would like to see more of or get to know better?

Reactions: crisbr

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
I'm focusing on writing the next few days while I render some scenes I have saved. Got the main plot points decided for 0.4, but there is always room for extra scenes.

Any characters you would like to see more of or get to know better?
More Sophia is always appreciated. Others, i guess i would like to get to know better our hot teacher and cute asian.

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
I would like to know more about Ella and her desires to stay with other men to betray mc and very exciting these stories sounds more adult the game than incest son fucks his mother and sister is nauseating this type of game, his game and much more interesting because it brings different things and you are not afraid to put ntr or cuckold you are of congratulations, we have to divulge more your game to help you in patreon

Reactions: Tony_Stark
3.80 star(s) 13 Votes