SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Westview Virtual Currency update coming soon View attachment 2902237
I hadn't played NBA 2K since XBOX360 era (because back then it was hackable), and I just bought NBA 2K22 because it was $5 on XBOX, holy cow, it's wild....

Wish could go back to the Dreamcast era, the best era IMHO because we had Leonard Nimoy as Seaman!

Also, where NBA2K and NFL2K were the shit and no paying anything....and hell as much slack as EA gets, at least NBA Live was good and didn't make you pay for every single little detail in the game and EA is the worst in the micro transaction business.

Tako Yuh

Westview Academy Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2022
I hadn't played NBA 2K since XBOX360 era (because back then it was hackable), and I just bought NBA 2K22 because it was $5 on XBOX, holy cow, it's wild....

Wish could go back to the Dreamcast era, the best era IMHO because we had Leonard Nimoy as Seaman!

Also, where NBA2K and NFL2K were the shit and no paying anything....and hell as much slack as EA gets, at least NBA Live was good and didn't make you pay for every single little detail in the game and EA is the worst in the micro transaction business.
Yeah… new 2Ks are kinda dog, especially MyCareer since it’s bundled with MyPark/MyCity/MyWhatevertheFuck and all the micro transactions that come with it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The last 2K I truly enjoyed was ‘15 cos it was pretty much just straight hoops and some nice cutscenes (with hilariously bad VA from most of the players) in between. New ones are just 15 minutes of BS story and dump you out to the open world RPG shit they added in the recent games.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yeah… new 2Ks are kinda dog, especially MyCareer since it’s bundled with MyPark/MyCity/MyWhatevertheFuck and all the micro transactions that come with it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The last 2K I truly enjoyed was ‘15 cos it was pretty much just straight hoops and some nice cutscenes (with hilariously bad VA from most of the players) in between. New ones are just 15 minutes of BS story and dump you out to the open world RPG shit they added in the recent games.
Haha, those prices do not surprise me, just like gacha games, until the whales stop nothing will change. I don't even remember the last 2K I enjoyed, had to be on XBOX360. NBA Live 19 is good though. Sure, it's out of date as hell, (think though has community rosters at least) but it doesn't drag you down with the open world shit and put everything together, plus it's free with gamepass since that includes EA play.

NBA 2K has one thing, that I think is super hot :devilish: :love:

Bobbylee69

Nov 19, 2020
Dev, for chapter 4 several of the renders are too dark. Probably makes sense realistically but I don't think it is ideal in the game. (E.g. rollerskating with Athena)

Reactions: diolo

Tako Yuh

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2022
Haha, those prices do not surprise me, just like gacha games, until the whales stop nothing will change. I don't even remember the last 2K I enjoyed, had to be on XBOX360. NBA Live 19 is good though. Sure, it's out of date as hell, (think though has community rosters at least) but it doesn't drag you down with the open world shit and put everything together, plus it's free with gamepass since that includes EA play.

NBA 2K has one thing, that I think is super hot :devilish: :love:
Alexis WHO? We rockin’ with the OG Rachel Demita out here.

Dev, for chapter 4 several of the renders are too dark. Probably makes sense realistically but I don't think it is ideal in the game. (E.g. rollerskating with Athena)
Yeah, those are kinda buns but I couldn’t and still can’t afford to re-render. I did tweak some of the other environments like the basketball arena to make the court brighter while keeping the crowd darker in future renders.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Hey, '17 was kinda good too. With Prez and everything. I kinda liked the OJ combo, even though I made a PG MyPlayer.

Alexis WHO? We rockin’ with the OG Rachel Demita out here.
Rachel Demita best girl :love: :love: :love:

Tako Yuh

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2022
Hey, '17 was kinda good too. With Prez and everything. I kinda liked the OJ combo, even though I made a PG MyPlayer.

Rachel Demita best girl :love: :love: :love:
Michael B. Jordan’s sexy ass carried that game, let’s be real. At least it wasn’t the monstrosity that was '18 tho, that shit gives me nam flashbacks.

Also, you’re supposed to be dead, shoo…

• Haha
Reactions: LizaS

Tako Yuh

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2022
I skipped '18 and '19, so I was spared from the MyCareer. :ROFLMAO:
'19 was lowkey goated even if the whole China to G-League to immediate star player thing was kinda wack.

It was also the first thing I bought with my first ever paycheck so maybe I’m just biased and don’t want to admit to buying a shit game with my hard earned money:sleep:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Still missing out, Dreamcast NBA/NFL were goateed, and let's not forget about Resident Evil..

Reactions: qaywsx
Jun 30, 2021
Dude, Markieff Morris deadass used to make me suicidal when he would come up on screen in my Suns save, it was awesome.
When mentioning one of the Morris brothers, I always remember a characteristic episode: once the Suns mascot whose name of course is Sun Gorilla pulled a and scaring the players passing by - everyone got scared and only Gerald Green instantly oriented himself and gave Sun Gorilla a couple of good jabs. Guess which of the following basketball players the Gorilla, simply put was scared of? :D
- The Morris brothers are the real bad guys in the modern NBA.

Great game by the way, reminded me of the abandoned AOA Academy. Looking forward to updates.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Simon7
4.10 star(s) 48 Votes