Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I think you folks are conflating two issues: Quality and Style.

Style (2D vs 3D) is important, but it's not sufficient. What really matters is Quality. Chestnut is super talented and makes fantastic art. If she was equally talented at 3D art and made that, we'd still love this game. And, if a lesser artist did poor quality 2D art, we wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it.

Many of the posts here compare Chestnut's incredible 2D art to poor quality 3D art and conclude that 2D automatically is better. It's not. It's that Chestnut is better. But there is 3D art created by similarly skilled artists that is also good. And it takes as long to produce as WaL's 2D art.

Tlaero

fleck

Aug 27, 2018
Yo! The game's cool & art is awesome.
It's already more than a month & no new update.
Hey Dev can't wait for the update.
Hope u r doin well & upload the update soon
It's still gonna be a hot minute until 0.5 is ready, seeing as the entire art is hand-drawn and there are still a few pieces to actually make for the update, as shown in the progress tracker.

In the meantime, I'm trying to avoid considering the implications of you thinking a month is long to wait for an update of a good quality game....

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020

Style (2D vs 3D) is important, but it's not sufficient. What really matters is Quality. Chestnut is super talented and makes fantastic art. If she was equally talented at 3D art and made that, we'd still love this game. And, if a lesser artist did poor quality 2D art, we wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it.

Many of the posts here compare Chestnut's incredible 2D art to poor quality 3D art and conclude that 2D automatically is better. It's not. It's that Chestnut is better. But there is 3D art created by similarly skilled artists that is also good. And it takes as long to produce as WaL's 2D art.

Tlaero
I think what make 2D style more better than 3D even if both are equally good in story telling and high quality sex scenes is that with 2D you can see and feel the unique of the art style and what artist putting their effort in it, you can find lot of 3D games with reusing the same models all the time with or without any twist and change but with 2D unless it was under the same studio or the same artist got hired to working on it then you most likely never found any game with that same style and feeling thus make 2D more memorable and superior in a way

Reactions: BegoneThrot

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I think what make 2D style more better than 3D even if both are equally good in story telling and high quality sex scenes is that with 2D you can see and feel the unique of the art style and what artist putting their effort in it, you can find lot of 3D games with reusing the same models all the time with or without any twist and change but with 2D unless it was under the same studio or the same artist got hired to working on it then you most likely never found any game with that same style and feeling thus make 2D more memorable and superior in a way
Models and environments in most hentai 2D games look all the same to me even if they are drawn by different artists. So not a big difference from an average DAZ user reusing the same models we see in other games. We love WaL! because its art is unique, if Chestnut went for an anime style as in the hentea scene it would be just another run of the mill H-game. I agree 2D gives you some more creative freedom as you can draw basically all what you can imagine without worrying about finding the right pre-made assets, but then it's all about skills and personal style, something not every 2D artist seem to have

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020

Tlaero
When people complain about 3D models, it's probably about the DAZ or Honey Select repetitive models (and some are downright atrocious, alongside the physics-denying, form-fitting clothes). 2D games, on the other hand, mostly have vastly different art styles. Looking at the same 3D model with different names and stories through a myriad of games is part of the 'quality' aspect - and it's a negative one.

I started playing ero games only in 3D, but nowadays I basically only play 2D ones.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
When people complain about 3D models, it's probably about the DAZ or Honey Select repetitive models (and some are downright atrocious, alongside the physics-denying, form-fitting clothes). 2D games, on the other hand, mostly have vastly different art styles. Looking at the same 3D model with different names and stories through a myriad of games is part of the 'quality' aspect - and it's a negative one.

I started playing ero games only in 3D, but nowadays I basically only play 2D ones.
Finally someone understand, I'm still playing both 2D and 3D games but in the end 2D tend to stuck to me more. Not gonna lie there's a lot of great 3D games that are very good and got high quality story writing, models, sex scenes,.... but good 2D games are something else

Reactions: sexypeanut

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018
1625294066683.png

Hi everybody.
I hope you've had a great week and are ready to relax and enjoy your weekend. We have a few points to share before the report:
Refunds:
Although I usually wait until the 5th of each month before issuing the refunds, for this month I saw that all of the payments were already processed, so I went ahead and refunded those of you who joined toward the end of June to make sure you don't have to pay twice. If I have missed you, do send me a message here and let me know as soon as possible.
If you're a Best Friend or a Close Friend tier patron and want to see your avatar in the game, do send its code to us through Patreon or Discord (contacting Pistachio). You can make your avatar .
Word count:
The number of words that an update has doesn't mean much in itself, but out of curiosity to see how 0.5 compares to 0.4, I did a word count, and 0.5 has about 35,000 words which are a lot more than the 20,000ish words of 0.4. I still have a lot more editing to do, which usually reduces the number of words. This doesn't necessarily mean longer play-time, but there are more dialogues, necessitated by the fact that in 0.5, a lot of the world's lore is revealed. Hopefully, we have added enough action and variation to make it feel interesting.
Weekly report:
  • Chestnut: she worked on more backgrounds and cutscenes, finishing several, and created new buttons for one of them. You can see one of the new areas added in 0.5 .
  • Pistachio: I spent the first half of the week posing and finishing the main content of the update. Now all that's left posing-wise are the convos (some of which I still have to write/rewrite) and the animations.
  • Next week's plan: Chestnut wants to finish the backgrounds to spend all of her time on the cutscenes, leaving more minor edits for later so that we can advance as much as possible. I will probably spend the whole of the coming week editing, testing, and making sure the flow of the story feels good before we work on the sex scenes. If the editing takes less time than I think, then I will begin doing the convos and ask Chestnut to design the base of the sex scenes so that I can start animating them.
Lastly, we'll be posting a new video this weekend.
Have a great time.
Cheers

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Finally decided to try this game out

Story is okay and the graphics are top-tier for 2D.

Only complaint, the game feels like one giant fetch quest. I've been moving through the same forest area clicking through the same maps for the past hour. Already starting to liberally skip dialogue.

Getting pretty bored if im being honest but I can see the potential... Going to tough it out and see if it gets better

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
I don't get it, it's just a chubby older lady. There are way hotter mature women in the game already.
Milf with a perfect mature looking face
Curvy, big breasts and ass
Very nice and friendly nature
Asshole Waldo's wife, this alone will make her scenes 2x better for me

What's not to like? :unsure:
I'm waiting for her content since I first saw her :love:

deskitteh

Apr 6, 2018

It's really interesting to hear from an ero-dev about style preferences and where they started when discussing hentai games. I don't know about elsewhere, but here where I am, even the bare mention of these games is severely taboo.

I like to log in every week or so and check out what's going on. It may sound odd in conjunction with my statement about taboo, but I'm lucky enough to have a friend or two who get this genre of games, and I've shown them your art. It definitely has a wow factor that overshadows the much-exploited lame donkey image that erotic games have received in the past. You guys are doing something fantastic.

verconic69

Mar 3, 2020
Waldo's wife fulfills two things:

1. She is a milf with really pretty face and very friendly personality. I can see her back story being interesting because she is way too good for someone like Waldo who has no redeeming quality whatsoever (He doesn't have the looks nor the personality and is a bully so I am wondering why exactly she would stay with him).

2. Waldo is an asshole and getting payback is going to be great. Turning the tables on him and making him feel how bad it is to take someone's lover will be cathartic. I don't even like NTR as their stories treat women badly and are full of toxic stories involving rape and stuff but in this case I am more than fine with it because it isn't as bad as examples of tropes I mentioned.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes