Sep 12, 2020
I'm pretty sure the dev team is from Spain *checks the About section on the website* yep, they're from Spain, so not native speakers. Which makes it all the more impressive.
Oh really? I wonder if they just *live* there but are from, I don't know, UK or US. magicnuts speaks an incredibly good English, and I'd be doubly impressed if it wasn't their native language.

Reactions: Koniar

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Oh really? I wonder if they just *live* there but are from, I don't know, UK or US. magicnuts speaks an incredibly good English, and I'd be doubly impressed if it wasn't their native language.
As far as I know, both of them are from Spain and still live in Spain. They probably lived abroad some time during their lives, though. And I think I once read he' was an English language teacher, which should explain this 'mistery'

Viressa

May 24, 2018
English is the lingua franca of the entire world and highly fluent second language speakers are extremely common, especially in major cities and especially in western europe. Meanwhile, you'd be quite surprised how much bad dialogue is written by native speakers.

It's basic writing skills, not some unusually high level of fluency in the language.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
English is the lingua franca of the entire world and highly fluent second language speakers are extremely common, especially in major cities and especially in western europe. Meanwhile, you'd be quite surprised how much bad dialogue is written by native speakers.

It's basic writing skills, not some unusually high level of fluency in the language.
Oh man, the number of 'they're/their/there' being misused on the internet... is goddamn high!

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
I really really like this game. It is one of the best erotic games, period. Very few other games on this site come close to its quality.

But questioning the pace of updates is reasonable. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand and respect that quality such as this does take a long time. That's just the reality of it. But the reality of it is that this game is very ambitious and at the current pace it will take an extremely long time to be completed. As I understand this, this next update has taken six months, and the majority of the content is limited to one girl.

The current planned content, at least from what's suggested in game, is huge. At the current pace of the games production, it will take years to complete the content for just the girls already in the game, let alone all content in Old Capital, let alone let alone content for the entire map. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest at the current pace of production, the game will at least a decade to complete all its planned and suggested content. While the speed will increase as a rhythm is establish and less brand new assets need to be created, unless production is somehow drastically improved or scaled up this game is going to take a very very long time to come anywhere near completion. This is to say nothing of potential burnout either.

I don't mean to be negative, mostly just trying to be realistic. Regardless, the game is extremely good and I wish the devs all the best in their endeavour.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Talking of their linguistical skills did "Pretty" ever get changed? I remember that being a Spanish/English difference that didn't flow properly with some here bringing up the wizard of OZ lol. Other than that, it's been all good so far.

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
It depends on what's being done, but yeah most of the times it's slow (better than being rushed and end up being a turd).
He asked how fast this game updates though, not how big the updates are. It's been 6 months since the last update, that is by any account a very slow update pace.

I like this game a lot, but I am under no illusions that it isn't going to take years to be anywhere near done.

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
Talking of their linguistical skills did "Pretty" ever get changed? I remember that being a Spanish/English difference that didn't flow properly with some here bringing up the wizard of OZ lol. Other than that, it's been all good so far.
Oh man, there ARE some weird dialogue choices in the game alright.
They should fix that because it sounds kinda off.
"Pretty", they should consult someone who understands English better than them.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
I guess it depends on your points of comparison. I'm still waiting for Episode 3 of Half Life 2. Ep2 ended on a cliffhanger and it's been, what, 14 years now?

Tlaero
The fact that we'll never get to run around dual wielding the gravity and portal guns makes me sad. Even if it was a broken mess of dodgy physics, hitting combine in the back of the head with a flying radiator as they shoot at you would have still been fun.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes