moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Two years on this forum and the only game that moved him enough to finally post (and now even rate) was this one. That has to mean something. I don't exactly know what, but something. Thank god for all those unsung heroes like him whose only reason to live seems to be opening our eyes to see the outrageously lazy milkers devs actually are. What would we do without them. Their valuable input can't never be praised enough. Thanks, thanks. Really.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
"Given that this was not an issue earlier, I never gave it much attention, and hence there are hundreds of lines from previous updates that have double attributes and have been impacted by this."

Why would there be double attributes to begin with?
Human error. Although it wasn't an error then, and when I raised the issue, Tom Rothamel agreed that a doubled attribute should not mean anything to a layered image, hence fixing it for the future version of ren'py.

7K per month and very slow progress. It is a shame, the graphs are quite good.
I have already answered this very point many times. My guess is you were too busy complaining to read those responses. But the short of it is that the problem is not something we can simply fix regardless of how much money we're making. Hiring artists is easier said than done since even the best artists have their own style, and we might end up spending the same amount of time adjusting to maintain the same quality and similar style. At least in the short run. If we weren't working on short-term deadlines, then yes, it could save us some time, but that is not the case.
You're welcome to despise our approach, hate the game, imagine you would have done it better, leave one-star reviews, rant about what you will, etc. But I suggest you read my earlier responses here since most of what you're talking about has already been addressed.

hm, decided to check game anyway, before the update, and it being second most liked 2dcg game on this site - i expected it to have more content, certainly more than just 4-5 hours of gameplay
i guess it's no point in waiting for update after all, the way things going maybe in 5 years it will be worth checking it out again, for another couple hours
For a game like ours, the play-time is entirely dependant on your playstyle. If you found our game lacking in that respect, then yes, perhaps you should wait for a longer period before coming back, or alternatively, play other games that better suit your playstyle.

Last edited:

pepertje

Aug 1, 2018
I've been spamming F5 on page one for days hoping to see the debug creep closer to the finish line. And same as the person above me, I feel like sharing some positive words and say that the quality over quantity approach really shows in the final product. Hope v0.5 will be as much fun as the .4 update.

While I'm grateful that the full content is available for free I can sympathize with the patrons who have to wait for as long as they do. I hope you find a way to speed up the process but like I said, quality over quantity.

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
Lot of complaints coming from people who I assume don't draw, don't program, and haven't made a game before. I don't think you understand the insane amount of time it can take to draw some of this stuff, let alone animate it.

On top of that I've fiddled with Renpy and made a game that was about ~30 minutes. Stolen backgrounds, garbage character art, completely linear, and not much in the way of unique systems. It took me at least 12 hours. Hell, I'm working on another project in a different system and probably 40+ hours of dev time it's barely got 30 minutes of play time. Making games takes a lot of time. Producing content always takes much longer than consuming it.

This is a game filled to the brim with custom art that borders on eye candy (granted taste in art is subjective at best), free-roam (someting renpy is not designed for natively), a hint system, etc. Every single one of these elements introduces more time to implement and then debug. For every one thing you add three things could potentially break. And I'm not even talking about debugging when everything's done. Half the bugs pop up while you're working! So you go back, fix it, then keep plugging away at adding content. It adds up fast.

Art, too. You find a pose isn't working and have to redo it. Or there's clipping, the nose isn't right. Really, any minor glitch stands out to people real quick, but after staring at it for hours you stopped noticing. That's not even getting into burnout. Even doing something you love can be exhausting after hours a day.

This game came out a bit over a year ago, and has 5+ hours of content with a lot of polish and heart put into it by a team of two. I really think a lot of people complaining don't really have a perspective on how much time and effort these things take.

Seriously, download Ren'py and make a game with 2 characters in a free roam. It will break a dozen times in a dozen different ways. Now draw every background, character, menu item, and so forth. Not even a finished product, just blocking. Say goodbye to at least a full weekend.

Getting a polished product where the devs communicate incredibly clearly on a weekly basis is fantastic. I appreciate what they're doing immensely which is why I quietly watch the tracker with excitement. Go make a game or something, yourselves, with the free time you have to complain.

TL;DR: Making a game is a lot of work. I appreciate what the devs are doing.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Art, too. You find a pose isn't working and have to redo it. Or there's clipping, the nose isn't right. Really, any minor glitch stands out to people real quick, but after staring at it for hours you stopped noticing. That's not even getting into burnout. Even doing something you love can be exhausting after hours a day.
Pshaw. Next you'll tell us the art production videos they upload from time to time aren't at 1x speed.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Lot of complaints coming from people who I assume don't draw, don't program, and haven't made a game before. I don't think you understand the insane amount of time it can take to draw some of this stuff, let alone animate it.

On top of that I've fiddled with Renpy and made a game that was about ~30 minutes. Stolen backgrounds, garbage character art, completely linear, and not much in the way of unique systems. It took me at least 12 hours. Hell, I'm working on another project in a different system and probably 40+ hours of dev time it's barely got 30 minutes of play time. Making games takes a lot of time. Producing content always takes much longer than consuming it.

This is a game filled to the brim with custom art that borders on eye candy (granted taste in art is subjective at best), free-roam (someting renpy is not designed for natively), a hint system, etc. Every single one of these elements introduces more time to implement and then debug. For every one thing you add three things could potentially break. And I'm not even talking about debugging when everything's done. Half the bugs pop up while you're working! So you go back, fix it, then keep plugging away at adding content. It adds up fast.

This game came out a bit over a year ago, and has 5+ hours of content with a lot of polish and heart put into it by a team of two. I really think a lot of people complaining don't really have a perspective on how much time and effort these things take.

Seriously, download Ren'py and make a game with 2 characters in a free roam. It will break a dozen times in a dozen different ways. Now draw every background, character, menu item, and so forth. Not even a finished product, just blocking. Say goodbye to at least a full weekend.

Getting a polished product where the devs communicate incredibly clearly on a weekly basis is fantastic. I appreciate what they're doing immensely which is why I quietly watch the tracker with excitement. Go make a game or something, yourselves, with the free time you have to complain.

TL;DR: Making a game is a lot of work. I appreciate what the devs are doing.
I've just started on a game project and I've definitely developed a greater appreciation in just a week or so.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes