DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Totally agree, you can't make everyone happy.
That's why I advocate for implementing a single repeatable scene after completion of each womans story arc. That way players who really like that girl can simply come back whenever they feel like it, instead of her just falling off the edge of the world.

Apr 22, 2019
The alternative would be a game with several routes, quite a dating game, so forcing you to pick a specific girl, but that would require x10 times the work put in every update, maybe 1 release per year at that point. I consider vote pools always a bad idea and devs should stick on their own plans. Then I don't remember the name, but there's (or was?) a game involving a dragon as mc and you were asked at the beginning to select your likes/diliskes and behaviour. Could it work also in this game? Again that way it could be more interesting, but it'd require a s*it-ton amount of work.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
The alternative would be a game with several routes, quite a dating game, so forcing you to pick a specific girl, but that would require x10 times the work put in every update, maybe 1 release per year at that point. I consider vote pools always a bad idea and devs should stick on their own plans. Then I don't remember the name, but there's (or was?) a game involving a dragon as mc and you were asked at the beginning to select your likes/diliskes and behaviour. Could it work also in this game? Again that way it could be more interesting, but it'd require a s*it-ton amount of work.
The polls aren't totally open, as devs select the girls who appear on them. Meaning people's vote is not going to change dev's vision, it's just a way to decide who get her planned content first. For instance, if devs think the story needs we get to know Madeline better before Gomira, they aren't going to include Gomira in polls before Madeline's content is out. Also, in WaL you can actually choose what content do you want to see. In the crystal ball you can see the planned lewd content for each girl so if you're not interested in that content you can just not start (or finish) that girl's side quest

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Appreciate the update and can't wait for it to release because I like this game a lot.
However I'm not entirely sure that focusing almost exclusively on a single love interest each update is the best course to go.
I mean the essential focus can remain but I feel like little (maybe repeatable) scenes to find for other girls on the side would make things more interesting.
Lana is cool and physically attractive and all but if it stays like this, inevitably there will be an update that takes months to wait for and once it comes out it focuses entirely on a woman you have 0 interest in.
I think the "1 big update for 1 character" style of update is much better than the alternative where every character just gets a handjob or something.

When the Holly update dropped it was a massive, massive disappointment as it only had like...a rubbing scene for Holly. That's what you got. A lesson was learned from that.

On the positive side when it IS a character that you're interested in, you'll get a ton of scenes. For me personally I love Lana so this is great, and I'd hate the game to return back to that whole sprinkle the scenes amongst the massive cast kind of update.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Only 0.4? Does the game got a lot of content?
Read the most recent posts.

The game does whole storylines for each girl. So, while there isn't a lot of content for each girl, the girls who do have content have quite a lot.

FURYY

Dec 2, 2017
It's definitely worth a try.
Welp, I think I'm done with Summertime Saga and well, it was a pretty good game indeed story wise and content lenght but well, in the end I personally didnt change my mind about the art being not to my taste.
Especially for some scenes where, I dont know..., it felt like the girls werent quite exactly the same girls during the scenes? Their face changed slightly and it felt weird (Especially for Roxxy/Eve).
One good thing to note though is that I thought that I wouldnt like the MC but well in the end, he fit pretty well in the game!

Thanks for the recommendation

Dave1337

Feb 7, 2018
I really like the game! What a detailed artwork, fantastic writing, even better hidden humor easter eggs...
The I came across what kinda little scenes are available so far and whats to come.
Then I checked the last update date (lol) and now Im concerned it might take route like other highly valued unfinished games.
I would be disappointed if it took like forever for an update with questionable amount of content.

Dont get me wrong folks, I read the parts where some of you said that you cant make everyone happy and agreeing on this is the way to go to not getting all toxic about updates.
Regarding the quality of everything so far there wouldnt be a part Id not enjoy playing.

So... um. I forget where I was going with this.

Great game! Keep up the awesome work!
Im gonna pledge for this one! (And I usually dont do that that easy ;* )

verconic69

Mar 3, 2020
I personally like every woman in this game. All of them provide something different and all have great designs. I especially love Lana, the Orc, Myrtle, Holly and the gypsy.

Anyways, just a few more polish heads until more of this game!

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Welp, I think I'm done with Summertime Saga
it felt like the girls werent quite exactly the same girls during the scenes? Their face changed slightly and it felt weird
Lol, yeah the faces get funky when not the stock sprites, its why i rarely if ever use them in the fan art thread, both the mother and sister start looking like the mc when face on.

you'd just end up getting rushed plots, creepy mc behaviour, rapy stuff, etc. or useless female characters whose only purpose it is to enable early scenes but who don't really add anything significant to the story.

For that reason alone I pretty much always prefer the "one story per update" approach.
Early on i suggested some short scenes to get give some content to the girls without it being anything major to the overall game. Myrtle being caught without her clothes was added to the game, Holly being wet t-shirted by a clumsy bucket wielding mc wasn't. Gretta falling in the water is also along those lines. it's more about the lucky MC being in the right place at the right time than creepy or rapey but it would at least get people a peep at the women long before their main updates if it's going to have to be months between updates.

but that's also what the hidden art does anyway

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Early on i suggested some short scenes to get give some content to the girls without it being anything major to the overall game. Myrtle being caught without her clothes was added to the game, Holly being wet t-shirted by a clumsy bucket wielding mc wasn't. Gretta falling in the water is also along those lines. it's more about the lucky MC being in the right place at the right time than creepy or rapey but it would at least get people a peep at the women long before their main updates if it's going to have to be months between updates.
Well, that's fair but I'm pretty sure that's not what most people who want scenes/content with more girls per update are talking about, given that it's essentially just light voyeurism where nothing is really happening.

As said, I like it the way it is and I think there's no need to suggest the game would offer anything that it actually really doesn't.

Reactions: Staimh and sava75

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I really like the game! What a detailed artwork, fantastic writing, even better hidden humor easter eggs...
The I came across what kinda little scenes are available so far and whats to come.
Then I checked the last update date (lol) and now Im concerned it might take route like other highly valued unfinished games.
I would be disappointed if it took like forever for an update with questionable amount of content.

Dont get me wrong folks, I read the parts where some of you said that you cant make everyone happy and agreeing on this is the way to go to not getting all toxic about updates.
Regarding the quality of everything so far there wouldnt be a part Id not enjoy playing.

So... um. I forget where I was going with this.

Great game! Keep up the awesome work!
Im gonna pledge for this one! (And I usually dont do that that easy ;* )
Yeah, people get very, very defensive over this particular late update. The devs are pretty vocal, the quality is good, so the game gathered a lot of goodwill prior to this.

Hopefully though this won't turn into a pattern.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
it's more about the lucky MC being in the right place at the right time than creepy or rapey but it would at least get people a peep at the women long before their main updates if it's going to have to be months between updates.

but that's also what the hidden art does anyway
I haven't actually played this game, so this may not apply, but I would rather the protagonist be perverted and hands on than edgeless, peeping at women doesn't really have the same bite as groping or exploiting.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
I haven't actually played this game, so this may not apply, but I would rather the protagonist be perverted and hands on than edgeless, peeping at women doesn't really have the same bite as groping or exploiting.
He doesn't do that in this game, they might have even changed some of the previous scenes to remove it, but I haven't replayed it from the beginning. It's much more him getting to know the people before they fuck him, with differing levels of eagerness.

I know merely peeping isn't the hardcore super sex people want but it's an excuse to at least show a characters tits when you know they aren't going to be an update for a year.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
I personally like every woman in this game. All of them provide something different and all have great designs. I especially love Lana, the Orc, Myrtle, Holly and the gypsy.

Anyways, just a few more polish heads until more of this game!
Yeah same, personally prefer them doing one full route instead of spread out of focus while only getting the first tease scenes of each one, in the context of this game the way the plot goes along with the motivation to involve particular ladies is probably the best way to go while maintaining the quality but we'll see how it goes after this.

Reactions: verconic69
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes