gamer012345

Jun 12, 2020
Then why post incorrect stuff on a public forum, if you do not like having the blatant mistakes pointed out?
You know, some people like pixel type art and some modern art. There is no "right" art and many people will have different opinions and that's fine. The reason I didn't wanna continue is, first of all, this thread isn't meant for that. Secondly, you are hell-bent on trying to prove me wrong. Thirdly, we have very and I mean, very different mindsets. If we continue, I might be seating here until the update comes lol. Finally, if you feel somewhat proud to defeat me, then congrats, you have. This, however, doesn't make me change my stance on what I said before.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You know, some people like pixel type art and some modern art. There is no "right" art and many people will have different opinions and that's fine. The reason I didn't wanna continue is, first of all, this thread isn't meant for that. Secondly, you are hell-bent on trying to prove me wrong. Thirdly, we have very and I mean, very different mindsets. If we continue, I might be seating here until the update comes lol. Finally, if you feel somewhat proud to defeat me, then congrats, you have. This, however, doesn't make me change my stance on what I said before.
You proved yourself wrong with the first comment I responded to.
All I did was make an observation, pointing out the error in what you'd said.

People do not "have to go to work, regardless of how they feel."
It is not subjective, like art. That statement is blatantly, categorically incorrect.
Sick days are conclusive proof of this fact.
If I feel unwell, I do not have to go to work.
It's as simple as that.

I feel no pride about your position in this discussion. I'm actually starting to feel like I'm having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: phaubos

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
"I've got a present for you, Lana! After spending several days tracking down the ingredients to your favorite dish, I just shoved the uncovered plate into my bag and waited an entire night before giving it to you. Enjoy!"

Yet, the dish is still fully intact and steaming hot anyway. That's some bag!

View attachment 1940059
Uh, yeah, well whenever you notice something like that... a wizard did it.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Uh, yeah, well whenever you notice something like that... a wizard did it.
(For that matter, I had to wait an extra day because I forgot the logs from Myrtle's house. That rabbit would have been *nasty* after a full 24 hours before being prepared, in a world without refridgeration. I guess the bag has preservative magic or something.)

Darkku

May 25, 2017
Weekly report 115

We will spend Saturday, Sunday, and Monday playing the finished content and doing nothing other than testing different quests with different save files, typo-hunting, and looking for things we have overlooked.
1 person can do it in few hours , but 3 days?
tell me you are milking patreon pledges without telling me you are milking patreon pledges :) (y)

Dragoonz99

Oct 17, 2017
Fuck, it has been a WHILE since a game kept me up until 3 am. Its unfortunate this game's taking a year to update bc it looks like they have ALOT planned. Even still though, what they have up now is amazing, hopefully it all gets sorted

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
No company can just "fire you if you didn't finish certain work."
Under employment law you need to receive warnings before you can be fired.
Generally 3. Verbal, written & final.
Point is, that no company can legally fire them, without having already given warnings for conduct.
If you get your final written warning, you're probably getting fired for gross misconduct.
Whilst "not finishing certain work with no reason" would be a contributory factor, it's not enough to fire anyone, on its own.
It would have to be a breach of contractual terms, something much more severe.
Must be nice, living somewhere that respect workers' rights.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
1 person can do it in few hours , but 3 days?
tell me you are milking patreon pledges without telling me you are milking patreon pledges :) (y)
Waiting till July 31 is an awful move to 'milk' as they automatically refund everyone who subscribe in the lasts days of the month (I don't know what exact day they are using as refunding limit but still). They'll surely have a boost in subscriptions between July 29 and August 3 as the update is finally released and they will only get one payment from them: after their subscription's pledge, new patrons coming in August won't be billed again until September, while late July subscribers will be refunded their first pledge so it will be the same, their second effective payment will arrive on September.

If they'd release the update let's say today, they'd get the first subscription's pledge from all of the new supporters and then their monthly pledge again on August 1. That could, indeed, be seen as milking, which is why these devs have been refunding late month's pledges since v0.2

Reactions: hrimthyrs

nitram5

Aug 5, 2019
From discord:
Note: we are going to take several days to further test the game internally, and after that, we intend to send a test build out to external testers to play, look for errors, and try to break the game. Therefore, we are unlikely to release the 0.6 update for patrons b efore the 30th of July. The public release will be out 24 hours after that. Additionally, ports (such as the Android version and translations) are done by the player community and will not be released with the main game (if at all). So please be patient, and don't ask those who port/translate the game to work faster.

X0M3!

Nov 13, 2019
God, a week more for bugtesting? Hopefully this update is worth the wait
Reminds of someone who started humble with good art & stroytelling & humor, then turend into Milking Machine , what is his sudo name ..... Dark .... something .... Cookie.

This whole "Support the dev not the title" Model is uncanny to SS ... so is the whole dev/release cycle. Also look at patreon graphs of them both in 3 years this will become SS no doubt.

Sthr ▚ nix

Sep 9, 2018
Reminds of someone who started humble with good art & stroytelling & humor, then turend into Milking Machine , what is his sudo name ..... Dark .... something .... Cookie.

This whole "Support the dev not the title" Model is uncanny to SS ... so is the whole dev/release cycle. Also look at patreon graphs of them both in 3 years this will become SS no doubt.
Aside the fact that SS is constantly giving you update each few months and WaL that constantly giving refund for Patrons that unhappy and both that always let people to play their games for free, idk what are you on about.

Mar 24, 2020
Writing coaches: "Now, it's important that we don't make our villain *too* on the nose, they should be believable and empathetic-"
Magicnuts: "Nah."

View attachment 1940250

Seriously though, I honestly don't mind Waldo? As an antagonist, I mean. Sure, he's way over the top in just how much of an asshole he is, but in our modern media landscape where every writer tries to make their villain the woobie "I was abused as a child so I'm gonna blow up the world" or some well-intentioned extremist who goes too far "the world will be destroyed unless the system is overthrown, now execute the toddlers" a straightforward villain like Waldo is a breath of fresh air. And honestly, he's kinda more realistic than the alternative? Most assholes you meet in real life don't have complicated justifications for why they're assholes, they just have positions of power over you (or at least, think they do) and enjoy flexing that power for personal gain.
He is a person you want to hate.
He is the embodiment of everything you could ever hate in someone who is dating or married to a woman you like.
That's why it's so easy to love to hate him and why any cosmic punishment he receives is satisfying.
Like this is not some grey shaded and interesting antagonist who somewhere has a point but is utterly misguided.
He is the punching bag and that is okay too.

While we have other more interesting and sinister villains in the story, he
is the comic relief villain whose misfortune brightens our day.

Hedasd

Apr 29, 2018
This game not only already became SS but is on its way to surpass it.

Reactions: X0M3!

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Not sure you can blame the devs for listening to the majority of their patreons. Smaller quicker updates like the first couple have been better for getting out content but at the same time we'd probably only be entering the cave with Myrtle this update, if they had been adding to other woman as well.

Reactions: Joemamahahaha

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
"These developers whose behavior, it has been explained to me in exhaustive detail, is consistently the opposite of milking are clearly milking!"

There's a reason I've started hitting Ignore and moving on living life instead of trying to reason with people who clearly want to be wrong for some reason.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes