hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
what was the time frame between 0.4 and 0.5?
Here you go:

84 days from release of 0.2 to 0.3, added 470MB of content. 146 days from release of 0.3 to 0.4, added 670MB of content. 223 days from release of 0.4 to 0.5, added 920MB of content. Added content per day has remained in the 4—6 MB/day range. "small updates once or twice a year" is an objectively false statement if applied to this game.
0.5 took 7.5 months. Every update from before the patrons voted for large updates were indeed within the 3—5 month range. What MagicNuts should do is either say "sorry, patrons, but we're reverting to smaller updates so we can hold to the 3—5 month cycle" or remove that 3—5 month statement because, even though the literal next sentence is a caveat, there's still a steady stream of howler monkeys derailing this thread insisting they "promised" to deliver the roughly double-sized updates the patrons voted for while still sticking to the shorter development cycle. Since the people actually funding the development of the game voted for bigger, longer updates and the people whining are freeloaders, take a wild guess which I think they should do.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Here you go:

0.5 took 7.5 months. Every update from before the patrons voted for large updates were indeed within the 3—5 month range. What MagicNuts should do is either say "sorry, patrons, but we're reverting to smaller updates so we can hold to the 3—5 month cycle" or remove that 3—5 month statement because, even though the literal next sentence is a caveat, there's still a steady stream of howler monkeys derailing this thread insisting they "promised" to deliver the roughly double-sized updates the patrons voted for while still sticking to the shorter development cycle. Since the people actually funding the development of the game voted for bigger, longer updates and the people whining are freeloaders, take a wild guess which I think they should do.
Like I said earlier, I was a patron for 6 months while this update was in progress. So freeloader? No. Current sub? No. Take a guess what I think you should do.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Like I said earlier, I was a patron for 6 months while this update was in progress. So freeloader? No. Current sub? No. Take a guess what I think you should do.

Personally I think you should simply go play a different game and check back in a month or so. It's annoying that every game on this site has these same people complaining about milking because people have no idea how to be patient and wait for something

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Which means you either subbed in a low-paying tier that doesn't get to vote on development direction, or you did vote and got out-voted. Either way...

So I've paid my dues.
...lays bare that you have a massively oversized sense of entitlement. You were never promised to get to dictate how the game gets developed, you were promised the ability to influence how the game got developed by voting along with every other Close Friend- and Best Friend-tier backer. Not getting your way because you were in the minority is always a possibility with voting. It is a risk you had to have known you were taking by signing up, yet here you are, whining because you didn't get your way.

Viressa

May 24, 2018
"Don't mind me, just gonna dump this UNCOVERED JAR OF SEMEN-GLUE INTO MY BAG WITH THE REST OF MY THINGS! I'M SURE THIS WILL WORK OUT VERY WELL!"

screenshot0010.png

Yes, yes, the rabbit and the dish were fine, so whatever magic this bag has should also prevent there from being any problems with chucking an open container of semen in there. But still, it makes me recoil, like watching someone deliberately drop a toaster into a bathtub.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
:coffee::coffee::coffee: Just slowly sipping my tea until the v0.6 release.
That's pretty much what I'm doing too, I mean, it's not like whining like a little bitch will change anything anyway.

That tea is tasting mighty good, that's for sure.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I was about to get hyped but going of by what the most recent status update says, testing will take another week... Oh well, one week more won't make a difference. Really excited as always to see how the game keeps getting bigger. Rose is one of my favourites so I'm especially curious to see what her questline will offer.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The new version's filesize is about 3.6GB according to Chestnut (the artist). So it's indeed the biggest update so far, adding around 1 GB of new content. Then, of course, filesize is not always the most accurate metric, but it says something.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The new version's filesize is about 3.6GB according to Chestnut (the artist). So it's indeed the biggest update so far, adding around 1 GB of new content. Then, of course, filesize is not always the most accurate metric, but it says something.
1GB per update times ~10 girls times 2+ updates per girl, they'll rival COD's filesize by the end of the game

• Haha
Reactions: Omniel

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Yeah, number of items on the progress tracker, difference in file size, number of new files in the image folder, and time to play through the new material are all individually too vague to be useful to judge if an update is more-or-less inline with previous updates, and all need to be considered as a whole. Still, even taken individually, they're all pretty handy at debunking the "Magicnuts are milking!!!!!!eleven" crowd.

1GB per update times ~10 girls times 2+ updates per girl, they'll rival COD's filesize by the end of the game
This is the first 1GB update, and the main reason for switching to big updates is to do one update per LI rather than 2+, with the exception of overlapping content (most of the unfinished Myrtle stuff seems to be part of the Myrtle-Rose threesome in this update) and the pregnancy content (which, I suspect, is being saved for after a certain point in the main story). This game is going to be huge by the time it's done, though.

odino

Aug 14, 2017
That one was 7 months and the Myrtle update was around 6 months. The updates have always been pretty long and if this update is larger than the other two I don't really consider it unreasonable that it's taking longer. Just be patient. There are plenty of other games on this site you can mess with in the meantime and if you really want your money back they offer refunds
problem is this game and its dev is unique and each update its had so far . and hope its stay unique and do not fall into DC avenue
90% of other game here are copy paste repeated junks only name and color of skin and hair changes
other good dev is NLT and giving update each 2 week
darkcookie was good too but only first 2-3 year now its just milking

Last edited:

ertobert

Jul 25, 2020
problem is this is unique. 90% of thing here are copy paste repeated junks only name and color of skin and hair changes other good dev is NLT and giving update each 2 week darkcookie was good too but only first 2-3 year now its just milking
To be honest you even cannot compare MagicNuts to massive devs like DarkCookie or NLT. I'll use NLT as an example.

So NLT took almost 2 years to finish Treasure of Nadia and each update was by default 2% progress. NLT media has 15000+ patrons (+-13000 in the beginning of the year), the minimum monthly amount to be NLT patron is 2 USD (lowest rank called "Casual"). So if we assume all of the patrons are Casual ranks, then he generates 30 000+ income a month and this is a minimum because in reality it is way more since not all of his patrons are Casuals/2USD-payers. There are patrons who pay more like 8 or even 20 a month. DarkCookie earns even more: a whopping 75 000 USD each month!

Now compare this to the smaller 8 500 EUR that MagicNuts gets per month while still giving us a 10% progress each update (assuming v1.0 is finale). On top of that notice that the updates take 5-6 months (except this one took longer) for 10% story progression, so if MagicNuts would release per month it would be roughly 2% progression and that is not that far away from the 4% that NLT Media, with a much bigger budget, gives every month.

So if you look at everything together MagicNuts is actually putting out a lot of work and, when it comes to performance, on par with the bigger devs like NLT or Darkcookie even with the difference in popularity or donors etc.

On another note:
1. As what milking is concerned, I think every dev does this even if a little bit. I mean, why not lol. As long as you're consistent I personally do not care.
2. Every single time the update release date for WaL gets close, people here start bitching about the time it took/the delay/testing period etc., and it gets on my nerves for the same reasons I wrote above. Dude is working fine and definitely not slow. Even if, I would rather have a working big update instead of a small update consisting of 30 minutes playtime with bugs and little-to-none spicy content.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes