Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
To be honest you even cannot compare MagicNuts to massive devs like DarkCookie or NLT. I'll use NLT as an example.

So NLT took almost 2 years to finish Treasure of Nadia and each update was by default 2% progress. NLT media has 15000+ patrons (+-13000 in the beginning of the year), the minimum monthly amount to be NLT patron is 2 USD (lowest rank called "Casual"). So if we assume all of the patrons are Casual ranks, then he generates 30 000+ income a month and this is a minimum because in reality it is way more since not all of his patrons are Casuals/2USD-payers. There are patrons who pay more like 8 or even 20 a month. DarkCookie earns even more: a whopping 75 000 USD each month!

Now compare this to the smaller 8 500 EUR that MagicNuts gets per month while still giving us a 10% progress each update (assuming v1.0 is finale). On top of that notice that the updates take 5-6 months (except this one took longer) for 10% story progression, so if MagicNuts would release per month it would be roughly 2% progression and that is not that far away from the 4% that NLT Media, with a much bigger budget, gives every month.

So if you look at everything together MagicNuts is actually putting out a lot of work and, when it comes to performance, on par with the bigger devs like NLT or Darkcookie even with the difference in popularity or donors etc.

On another note:
1. As what milking is concerned, I think every dev does this even if a little bit. I mean, why not lol. As long as you're consistent I personally do not care.
2. Every single time the update release date for WaL gets close, people here start bitching about the time it took/the delay/testing period etc., and it gets on my nerves for the same reasons I wrote above. Dude is working fine and definitely not slow. Even if, I would rather have a working big update instead of a small update consisting of 30 minutes playtime with bugs and little-to-none spicy content.
You're comparing 1 dev who does everything by hand vs another dev who uses pre-made 3D models with a few color swaps and who has 2-3 PCs running 24/7 rendering stuff. Of course 1 will be able to output releases faster than the other, irrelevant of income

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You're comparing 1 dev who does everything by hand vs another dev who uses pre-made 3D models with a few color swaps and who has 2-3 PCs running 24/7 rendering stuff. Of course 1 will be able to output releases faster than the other, irrelevant of income
I think you're actually both saying the same thing.
Read the first line, he said "you cannot even compare them".
He's then showing why the comparison is invalid.
As are you. (y)

Reactions: istiaque remon

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Those guys on patreon who paid $6 $12 are probably playing the game right now.
Nah, the tiers that get it early only get it 24 hours early. It's currently still only in MagicNuts' hands as they do the last round of repeatedly testing every quest with many different save files to make sure there's no meltdowns. They're planning on sending it off to external testers Wednesday and, if all goes well, the patrons who do get it early get it by Saturday, with the public getting it Sunday the 31st.

• Wow
Reactions: Chickinstrips

Viressa

May 24, 2018
I know Holly's a tsundere trope and all, but c'mon, she should not be disarmed and made all flustered just by ~xXx420DaRkEsTaR69xXx~ calling her pretty.

screenshot0012.png

I just don't like the tsundere trope in general, it's super unbelievable to me for an LI to go from beating up the MC one minute and then being all "IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING" the next. And when a woman responds to my interest by physically attacking me, I move on and leave her alone. And on a purely physical level, her hair and freckles are cute and all, but she's too young and too skinny. Sorry Holly fans, but she's second worst girl in this game, after Anna.

MasksDude

Aug 6, 2021
I hope the main story goes far with the new update, I wanna explore around and bone her and get her powers lol or explore the other areas of the map

pr0dukt

Jun 2, 2019
What a gem of a project. Great Writing, progression pacing, and the Art is wunderbar!

Keep on keeping on, Married Devs of quality, NTR-free ecchi storytelling. xD

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
I know Holly's a tsundere trope and all, but c'mon, she should not be disarmed and made all flustered just by ~xXx420DaRkEsTaR69xXx~ calling her pretty.

View attachment 1942884

I just don't like the tsundere trope in general, it's super unbelievable to me for an LI to go from beating up the MC one minute and then being all "IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING" the next. And when a woman responds to my interest by physically attacking me, I move on and leave her alone. And on a purely physical level, her hair and freckles are cute and all, but she's too young and too skinny. Sorry Holly fans, but she's second worst girl in this game, after Anna.

The Tsundere trope is generally more about how a sweet kindhearted person can put up a tough girl facade and/or be standoffish and cold around others as a defense, and then start to lower their defenses when they get closer to their love interest. So the sweet person that comes out after falling in love is basically the real them that they often don't let other people see. Hitting people is not part of the the trope, that's just poor writing rather than the trope itself because writers don't know how to write a tough girl unless she's ready to fight everyone.

A tsundere doesn't really have to hit anyone. They just have to be initially hostile or cold.

Last edited:

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Either you heavily misunderstand that meme or I am too dumb to get it in that context, which is also a very real possibility.

Anyways, I love the brief period of time after an update just dropped and everyone is happy and content and busy playing it instead of arguing.
For like a week until the next orangutan "when update?" posts start showing up. Which are fun in and of themselves because that is the actual maximum height of expression that some posters here are capable of.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes