whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What does annoy me tho that the 10 thousandth comment bitching not just about Magic Nuts, but creators on Patreon in General doesn't get yeeted for being off topic.

There were some really nice convo's on this threat, but the closer we get to release the worse the voice of a thousand entitled imps screeching into the void gets. Can't wait for the update's release just so they get silenced for a while.
Agreed, but just use the Report button on those shitposts mate.
If we report the post & ignore the perpetrator, the problem instantly goes away (for everyone who clicks Ignore). (y)
When we reply, we validate the shitposter & that's what they want.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
You literally cannot please these people: Their entire purpose is to attempt to harass these creators into quitting. Even if you do a super fast dev cycle like Treasure of Nadia when you release an update every week or every 2 weeks, instead of crying "WAH, MILKING" instead they cry "HAD TO REDOWNLOAD THE WHOLE GAME FOR ONE NEW RENDER, GREAT UPDATE M8." Even if you somehow released a WAL 0.5-sized update every day, they'd just stamp their feet and scream and cry that you weren't doing it twice a day. The real reason for their displeasure has nothing to do with the game itself, but that these creators are "cheating the system" by living off of patreon donations instead of being beholden to a boss that controls their creative direction and can fire them at will.
In general, you have an anti-capitalist view with which I disagree, but I think we have common ground here. What really motivates these people is plain, good old fashioned jealousy. This couple is making a decent living doing something they love and the trolls just can't have that.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Yeah I've got a post deleted for being off topic rebuking some idiocy that the Patreons are shareholders and
therefore slow updates bad or whatever. I don't mind it being deleted, I shouldn't have let myself get baited into replying.

What does annoy me tho that the 10 thousandth comment bitching not just about Magic Nuts, but creators on Patreon in General doesn't get yeeted for being off topic.

There were some really nice convo's on this threat, but the closer we get to release the worse the voice of a thousand entitled imps screeching into the void gets. Can't wait for the update's release just so they get silenced for a while.
We got almost 100 posts nuked earlier this week, it was glorious
A lot of them, yes.
Some are simply attention whores.
Some are just dumb

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes