nitram5

Aug 5, 2019
No Simmone (and probably her mother), what a shame. I have hope, at least Gretta win this poll.

Last edited:

Donkeybong

Jan 26, 2019
Thanks.
At first I taught, this update might be a month or 2 shorter to get out, compared to the 841 tasks for 0.6 but I just noticed the art for the last update was only 199 compared to 280 for the next update. With art being the slowest task to complete, it could be much longer this time round if they have 40% more work to do on the slowest task. Hopefully they might consider releasing the update in 2 parts to avoid such a long wait.
They did talk about commissioning some of the art so that might help with getting the extra art done faster. Link below to the posting where someone posted from the devs updates.

https://f95zone.to/threads/what-a-legend-v0-6-02-magicnuts.51349/post-8847218

Reactions: HarryFlash

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how the 0.8 Update Character poll is doing?

Personally, I'm hoping for either Celestina, Gretta and Lady Madeline Goldenbush to win the poll.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019

Personally, I'm hoping for either Celestina, Gretta and Lady Madeline Goldenbush to win the poll.
Celestina is not an option in this poll

KingBea

Jul 26, 2017

View attachment 2008714
Weekly report 120

Hi everybody.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tomorrow, Saturday, we will publish the poll that will determine the focus of the 0.8 update. Aside from Simmone and Celestina, you will be able to vote for all other female characters whose story is not yet completed. The Main Story will also be an option, focusing on unlocking scenes with Madeline Goldenbush. Simmone will not be a poll option because her family is closely linked to the Old Capital, and we prefer to do her content after the Main Story has advanced some more.

Lastly, we published two posts yesterday showing the sketched versions of a couple of new backgrounds that will be added in 0.7 and a story-related spoiler. So if you enjoy those kinds of posts, feel free to check them out.

That's all. Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

Donkeybong

Jan 26, 2019
Art for backgrounds. That won't do much when they get into the lewds and/or all the new models they'll need for the dialogs
When you have 280 Art tasks and you can outsource some of it instead of doing it all like you normally do that can give some help in working it in parallel. Take any game where you can do any kind of production/industry for example. If you can get a separate production line going for even just a part of what you are looking to produce it can help shorted the time until everything is complete.

HarryFlash

Aug 4, 2019
They did talk about commissioning some of the art so that might help with getting the extra art done faster. Link below to the posting where someone posted from the devs updates.

https://f95zone.to/threads/what-a-legend-v0-6-02-magicnuts.51349/post-8847218
Ya that might help if they can get the right artist. After a month or 2 they should get a good feel for how their progress is going and what's a reasonable time frame on completion may be. If it's looking like it could be a year or more though I'd prefer if they released a part 1 after 6 months and the full route later whenever it's finished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donkeybong

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
When you have 280 Art tasks and you can outsource some of it instead of doing it all like you normally do that can give some help in working it in parallel. Take any game where you can do any kind of production/industry for example. If you can get a separate production line going for even just a part of what you are looking to produce it can help shorted the time until everything is complete.
Commission a background that'll take a few days/a week maybe at most, versus nuts having to take months to make all the girl art that uses said background. Not much of an improvement, they saved ~1 week in a 1-year dev cycle

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I can imagine them going for kind of a comic style for a big part of Gomira's quest, with lots of action shots and close-ups focused on weapons, eyes and blood stains or something like that, which could make achieving some art consistency a little 'easier' even when commissioning several different artists (maybe even using b/w silhouetted style which might save some time). But it's just an uninformed guess

bananasplit2

Aug 22, 2022
Thanks.
At first I taught, this update might be a month or 2 shorter to get out, compared to the 841 tasks for 0.6 but I just noticed the art for the last update was only 199 compared to 280 for the next update. With art being the slowest task to complete, it could be much longer this time round if they have 40% more work to do on the slowest task. Hopefully they might consider releasing the update in 2 parts to avoid such a long wait.
We have to take into account that the number of tasks isn't constant. The picture above is from when the update was finished.
This is the earliest picture of the Rose update tracker I could find in the thread:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We might be looking at the longest waiting time between updates with this one unless they manage to outsource some of the work. Which is fine imo, as we've seen the quality of past updates.
Or perhaps they planned the tasks better this time, who knows :p

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 446 Votes